[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Javon Walker or Roy Williams.

Going with the crowd here. I love Walker as a WR, but to have the #1 WR in a Martz O that now has a legit #2 WR stud onboard spells big numbers for Williams this year.

And for a second there I thought you were going to get all homerish on us.

:D

Hardly. I may be as or more critical of the Broncos than anyone on this board.

Must be because I don't think it's the blow out this thread makes of it. Smith is only getting older. I just hope he can somehow "get over" seeing his friend die in his arms... :D

One thing you need to keep in mind here is it is a keeper. This could very well be Kitna's last year as a starter, thus a young QB will be throwing the ball soon. If he can step in immediately, Roy is the no doubt answer here. But if you want a safe pick, IMO, Walker would be the answer for consistency over the next 3 years since he has a young QB that has already gotten his feet wet. They have already shown to be a pretty good combo.

One thing you need to keep in mind here is it is a keeper. This could very well be Kitna's last year as a starter, thus a young QB will be throwing the ball soon. If he can step in immediately, Roy is the no doubt answer here. But if you want a safe pick, IMO, Walker would be the answer for consistency over the next 3 years since he has a young QB that has already gotten his feet wet. They have already shown to be a pretty good combo.

Not only that but won't Calvin be the #1 long term?

Walker is 28.

Williams is 25.

They are both top 15 WR at this point in time, but if it's a choice between one or the other, there is no question the better option is Williams. Regardless of who is throwing him the ball, he will be the primary WR. Harrison/Wayne, Ch.Johnson/Housh, and (classic) Bruce/Holt have proven more than enough that stud WR can peacefully co-exist in the same passing attack.

Walker is 28.

Williams is 25.

They are both top 15 WR at this point in time, but if it's a choice between one or the other, there is no question the better option is Williams. Regardless of who is throwing him the ball, he will be the primary WR. Harrison/Wayne, Ch.Johnson/Housh, and (classic) Bruce/Holt have proven more than enough that stud WR can peacefully co-exist in the same passing attack.

Williams has a better chance of getting double digit tds IMO. Outside of Walker who else does Cutler have to throw to? Stokley? Rod Smith? Brandon Marshall? It will be easier to double team Walker. With Roy, Calvin and Furrey doubling Roy will be almost impossible. :D

Not only that but won't Calvin be the #1 long term?

Roy Williams was the no.3 pick a few years back... Calvin Johnson was the no.2 pick this year. I think we're looking at a 1A and 1B type of situation. I don't think Roy Williams will be a no.2 receiver anytime in the next 4-5 years...

Roy Williams was the no.3 pick a few years back... Calvin Johnson was the no.2 pick this year. I think we're looking at a 1A and 1B type of situation. I don't think Roy Williams will be a no.2 receiver anytime in the next 4-5 years...

Yeah. Roy Dub was the WR everyone was touting as the hands down best in the draft, with a skill set like Randy Moss. I see Calvin's situation as very similar, but he still must prove himself before I call him a number one anything. There have been too many sure things at WR, that turned out to be anything but, to annoint this guy just yet...

Yeah. Roy Dub was the WR everyone was touting as the hands down best in the draft, with a skill set like Randy Moss. I see Calvin's situation as very similar, but he still must prove himself before I call him a number one anything. There have been too many sure things at WR, that turned out to be anything but, to annoint this guy just yet...

Very true. I think Roy Williams is only going to get better over the next few years... I think we're looking at a top 3 wr.