[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How does your league deal with questionable trades

BeeR

How does your league deal with questionable trades etc?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Commish is dictator - his word goes, that's it
    • Commish has final say but it's voted on
    • Majority vote wins (more than half, 2/3, whatever)
    • Other (explain)

Could not disagree with this more. I'm in the minority I know, but I will not allow a dumb-ass trade to be made, collusion or not.

Do you also claim commish controls over stupid draft choices, stupid keeper choices, stupid line-up choices, stupid FA pick-ups and drops?

Just curious where the 'stupid' line is drawn?

Do you also claim commish controls over stupid draft choices, stupid keeper choices, stupid line-up choices, stupid FA pick-ups and drops?

Just curious where the 'stupid' line is drawn?

Been asked that many times before when this has come up and no - just trades, and I'll know it when I see it. And trust me, I've usually got 3-4 emails already waiting for me from PO'd owners when one does come up. They're not that hard to pick out.

You're right, all owners should be responsible enough to make decent trades. I would venture to say, however, that there are plenty of people in long-time local leagues that just are just not very good owners. They don't care quite enough, don't have the time, don't subrscribe to the huddle etc... These owners typically can get raped for their youngsters right before they blow up, especially in local leagues where you have access to the other owners to help persuade trades.

If this happens a few times, owners get pissed. We had one owner a few years ago that weasled himself into LT, Portis, Alexander, Manning, Moss as his five keepers. The rest of us have been playing for second place for five years now. (this is the year--the reign is over!!!!)

We just had to do something for the good of the league. Trades get vetoed. Kinda sucks for the bad teams trying to pull off a big splash, but we're not going to let anyone build a dynasty off of rip-off trades anymore.

it tricky..Like rockin a rhyme

:D

I've been co-commish of my local for 13 or so years. Always went with the..."unless there is collusion then the trade goes through" rule. However, this past season the night of the trade deadline, one guy makes a very lopsided trade with another owner who was mathematically eliminated from the playoffs and total points race (which has a separate payout). After a couple of discussions, my co-commish and I reversed the trade as we felt it hampered the integrity of the league (since this is a complete redraft league the eliminated owner should not have traded at the 11th hour). The two commishes have final say. We don't have votes on trades and have had many of them in those 13 years without incident (although I personally felt some were lopsided).

:D

I've been co-commish of my local for 13 or so years. Always went with the..."unless there is collusion then the trade goes through" rule. However, this past season the night of the trade deadline, one guy makes a very lopsided trade with another owner who was mathematically eliminated from the playoffs and total points race (which has a separate payout). After a couple of discussions, my co-commish and I reversed the trade as we felt it hampered the integrity of the league (since this is a complete redraft league the eliminated owner should not have traded at the 11th hour). The two commishes have final say. We don't have votes on trades and have had many of them in those 13 years without incident (although I personally felt some were lopsided).

That's cause you know damn well that everyone will just vote Puddy and it'll just be a big waste of time.

Edited by irish

Been asked that many times before when this has come up and no - just trades, and I'll know it when I see it. And trust me, I've usually got 3-4 emails already waiting for me from PO'd owners when one does come up. They're not that hard to pick out.

Must give your league a great sense of security knowing they have an onmiscient commissioner.

Must give your league a great sense of security knowing they have an onmiscient commissioner.

Actually, it does.

Sucks being omniscient, but 'dems the cards I was dealt. I've learned to live with it though.

Edited by Cunning Runt