[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pick a RB

NAUgrad

Which back will get more carries per game this year?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Jacobs or Norwood

• Jacobs
    • Norwood

Hmmmm...I kind of thinking that Norwood gets 60% vs. Dunn getting 40%. Now this is based on nothing but just a hunch that Dunn is starting to slow down. I think that Norwood is much more of a breakaway threat than Jacobs, but may not get the opportunities.

Hmmmm...I kind of thinking that Norwood gets 60% vs. Dunn getting 40%. Now this is based on nothing but just a hunch that Dunn is starting to slow down. I think that Norwood is much more of a breakaway threat than Jacobs, but may not get the opportunities.

I don't think this is even close. Even if Norwood starts and has 250+ carries I still think that Jacobs is more valuable right now. Norwood is still slower than Dunn and those 2 will have a 50/50 RBBC split this year IMO. Norwood may get more goalline looks but at 203lbs he won't exactly run people over. Jacobs will score at least 5 or more rush tds than Norwood if both are starters IMO.

I don't think this is even close. Even if Norwood starts and has 250+ carries I still think that Jacobs is more valuable right now. Norwood is still slower than Dunn and those 2 will have a 50/50 RBBC split this year IMO. Norwood may get more goalline looks but at 203lbs he won't exactly run people over. Jacobs will score at least 5 or more rush tds than Norwood if both are starters IMO.

:D Norwood is one of the fastest RBs in the league. And definitely faster than Dunn...

But Jacobs will outproduce both of them.

You sure Droungs doesnt have anything to say about that? I think Jacobs will get his touches, but he isnt going to get any more then Norwood. Despite the size differences, I see similar numbers with the TD advantage going to Jacobs.

You sure Droungs doesnt have anything to say about that? I think Jacobs will get his touches, but he isnt going to get any more then Norwood. Despite the size differences, I see similar numbers with the TD advantage going to Jacobs.

That's kind of what I was thinking except Norwood will get more receptions, while I think Jacobs will get more TD's. For some reason I'm just a little leary about Jacob's, perhaps it's all the talk about how he can't hold up for a full season. So far the vote is very close and opinions here are also close. HMMMMMMMMM.......

Droughns is nothing but a product of the Denver system. Then again the Cleveland line was pretty brutal. I'd take Jacobs his attitude this offseason has been that he wants every carry. Now I'm not saying he's going to get that but you gotta love that mentality as a fantasy owner. And Norwood is getting way to much attention. Dunn ran for 1140 last year and is no slouch. Norwood should get more carries thanks to that avg. but shouldn't be considered over Jacobs IMO.

:D Norwood is one of the fastest RBs in the league. And definitely faster than Dunn...

Don't have the source but I recently read that Dunn was still a little faster. In any case I still would roll the dice on Jacobs over Norwood. 6'4" 260 vs 6'1" 203. Put yourself in the shoes of the CB or LB that has to make that tackle. I would prefer to tackle Norwood.

I think Jacobs has a far more established offense around him at the skill positions. Granted, Burress is talented but inconsistent, Toomer is a solid outlet #2 if he stays healthy, and Shockey could be the #2 TE in the league if he stays healthy. I think Jacobs success hinges on how consistent Eli Manning is this year. Jacobs is not Barber and can't alot out of a little when holes begin to collapse. Jacobs is a hugh, bruising back who can wear defenses down.....as long as he doesn't wear down from the newfound workload he inherited.

Norwood is a powder keg waiting to explode every play he touches the ball, but with him splitting carries with Dunn, Vick's inconsistency to pass the ball to keep defenses honest, and the lack of maturity outside of Crumpler in the receiving corps makes Norwood an interesting choice but also one that could be boom or bust this year.

Jacobs has the #1 slot, he just has to make the most of it.

I guess I can address Jacobs's backup Reuben Droughns because he is an accomplished runner, but has not had the same success since he left Denver. I think Droughns will be a breather-back for Jacobs when he needs a rest but past that I can't see Jacobs losing that many carries to Droughns. Plus, Jacobs is impossible to stop near the goal line once he gets a head of steam.

I think he is the best choice out of the two. But either one as a backup could be useful for plug-n-play weeks.

I like Norwood....he's way too explosive and can be a factor in the passing game....Dunn is a little long in the tooth...

I expect Jacobs to be more inconsistent and I wonder if he can take the pressure off Eli...which in turn hurts himself...

Atlanta has a better offense all around and I see Norwood being able to capitalize more if Dunn goes down than Jacobs would if Droughns went down..

I like Norwood....he's way too explosive and can be a factor in the passing game....Dunn is a little long in the tooth...

I expect Jacobs to be more inconsistent and I wonder if he can take the pressure off Eli...which in turn hurts himself...

Atlanta has a better offense all around and I see Norwood being able to capitalize more if Dunn goes down than Jacobs would if Droughns went down..

Atlanta does NOT have a better offense then NY, in fact its not even close the other way. Vick is garbage, has been and always will be, not the Eli has been great but the potential is there. The WR are so bad most people could'nt name either starter. The best offensie weapon is Crumpler and hes not even better then Shockey.

As for the rb's , Jacobs will be the primary ballcarrier this year with probably 350 rush att. Droughns will be a 3rd down back and spell Jacobs now and again. I would probably go with Jacobs over Norwood but I dont see either of them as more than a good #2 with Norwood being more of a #3.

:D

Well, I generally try to avoid 4 team leagues, but if you say so....

Let's get this straight, you think that Jacobs will be a top 12 back this year? If not then he would be a #2 back. And unless Dunn gets injured Norwood will split carries so he wouldn't even be a top 20 back , which would put him as a borderline 2 or 3 . So I don't quite understand your post.

The question I have with Jacobs is whether he'll be able to carry the ball enough times and remain healthy. He is not exactly an elusive type of runner.

I guarantee you that he won't have 350 carries. That would be more that Steven Jackson, L.T. and Willie Parker got last year. Only player in the league who had that many was Larry Johnson. Won't happen...

I do think he's a good number 2 back though.

Edited by Crazysight

The question I have with Jacobs is whether he'll be able to carry the ball enough times and remain healthy. He is not exactly an elusive type of runner.

I guarantee you that he won't have 350 carries. That would be more that Steven Jackson, L.T. and Willie Parker got last year. Only player in the league who had that many was Larry Johnson. Won't happen...

I do think he's a good number 2 back though.

OK 350 might be a bit of a stretch :D but hes gonna get close to 20 a game most games so he should get at least 280-300 (barring injury of course) at maybe a 3.8 -4.0 ypc . With Eli's struggles and playing in the Northast ,I am sure that Coughlin is gonna want to run as much as possible. I like him to score 12 times on the ground , as he won't be removed in goalline situations. All of which puts him to be somewhere around 12-16th in the league.

Atlanta does NOT have a better offense then NY, in fact its not even close the other way. Vick is garbage, has been and always will be, not the Eli has been great but the potential is there. The WR are so bad most people could'nt name either starter. The best offensie weapon is Crumpler and hes not even better then Shockey.

As for the rb's , Jacobs will be the primary ballcarrier this year with probably 350 rush att. Droughns will be a 3rd down back and spell Jacobs now and again. I would probably go with Jacobs over Norwood but I dont see either of them as more than a good #2 with Norwood being more of a #3.

I generally disagree with this whole post. :D

Let's get this straight, you think that Jacobs will be a top 12 back this year? If not then he would be a #2 back. And unless Dunn gets injured Norwood will split carries so he wouldn't even be a top 20 back , which would put him as a borderline 2 or 3 . So I don't quite understand your post.

It doesn't surpise me in the least that you don't understand my post.

If Jacobs has 350 rushing attempts this year and is still only a #2 FF RB, then your league must be exceptionally small.

The last 5 years' RB who have had at least 350 rushes, the number of rushes they had, and their FF RB ranking:

L Johnson 416 #2

S Alexander 370 #1

E James 360 #5

T Barber 357 #3

C Portis 352 #7

C Martin 371 #4

R Johnson 361 #11

S Alexander 353 #2

R Williams 392 #9

J Lewis 387 #4

A Green 355 #3

D McAllister 351 #5

R Williams 383 #3

L Tomlinson 372 #2

So that's 14 times RBs have hit 350 carries or more in the past 5 years, and 11 of those times the RB was a top 5 FF RB. The other 3 times the RB was a #7, #9, & #11 RB. Therefore, if you think he'll hit at least 350 carries, you also must think that he's probably a top 5 FF RB, or close to it. Yet you also think that he's a #2 FF RB at best.

That can only lead one to the conclusion that your league is incredibly small. Maybe you, grandma, her cat, and her dog?

More to the point, I'm being extremely sarcastic with the way you flippantly throw around numbers that you clearly don't understand.

BTW - I'm on record here with Jacobs putting up a performance - if healthy - that will easily qualify him as a #1 FF RB in a 10 or 12 team league in the coming season.

Did I get that straight enough for you?

Edited by Bronco Billy

Easy BB, easy... We got a 6-poster on our hands not a vet. Sometimes you just gotta let one slide. I know it's hard but it's the truth.

you act as if Tiki is still in NY...

ATL has the superior OL and scheme...

NY has a new coach and lost their best player on offense..