[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A Question For You Long Time Huddlers

TBone

I paid for another year of the Huddle today. It was the best $22 I spent all month! It got me thinking about how long I've been a member. I'm trying to figure out when I first joined. I know that I registered for the message boards on 8/3/2003, but I lurked around for at least a year before I registered. I'm still a lurker, I visit these boards at least once a week, but I don't post very often.

When I first came to the Huddle it was a free site. It was free for the first year or two that I was here. Can someone tell what year it became a pay site?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Huddle was free through 2000 and then switched in 2001. I know of several people who have been here for all ten years and even a couple who have posted on the message boards for the last ten years - Big Country has been here for maybe all but the first couple of days in June of 1997.

Well I have been here before it was a pay site and was possibly the first person to sign up when it went to a pay site. I dont post very often just read the banter and articles but my registered number is 5 and i believe DMD once said the first few are admin accounts. Can anyone top being member number 5? If not can I get a free membership this year? LOL

Edited by Huzz

Class of 1998 or 1999.

2000 or 2001 Mystery Huddler (not to proud of that either).

Thanks for all your hard work DMD and WW. :D

I have been reading the Huddle since 1999, which was my first season in FF.

I could not attend the draft that year, and had no idea what I was doing on top of that. I sent a proxy with a Huddle cheat sheet to the draft who also had no idea about Fantasy Football.

My instructions were: Get a good QB early, because they score the most points.

My first 2 picks in that draft: Brett Favre, Steve McNair.

That season sucked.

I believe I joined in 98, lurked for a while & then started posting in 99. Just a guess tho & I have no clue who else joined around then.

Based on when my local league started (97) I started coming here around 97-98. First to just the main page, then lurked the message boards for a while & I believe first started posting in 99. My first username was BallHawgs which was my FF team name, then shortly after changed it to Juststeppedinit as a play off my first name(take a wild guess & no it's not $hit) Then finally changed my name to rajncajn. Since then the only usernames I've used with any regularity were Beached Beaudreux which I used while vacationing in Hawaii, Screamin' Coonass which had some purpose but I forget what & HairyBunz...SteeBunz's favorite poster. :D

The Huddle was free through 2000 and then switched in 2001. I know of several people who have been here for all ten years and even a couple who have posted on the message boards for the last ten years - Big Country has been here for maybe all but the first couple of days in June of 1997.

I was here within the first hours you went live.

You (IIRC) made a post on the old KFFL/FFMastermind board, before they parted ways (now there is some FF internet trivia for you all), and I happened to be checking their boards out at the time you posted, so I cruised over, posted on the boards here, apparently interrupting one of your many conversations with yourself back in those days and became hooked. I do believe I was the first non-Dorey to ever post on a Huddle message board, but I can not prove that. I think what hooked it was I sent a few questions via e-mail and got answers from you or Whitney within hours.

I have been reading the Huddle since 1999, which was my first season in FF.

I could not attend the draft that year, and had no idea what I was doing on top of that. I sent a proxy with a Huddle cheat sheet to the draft who also had no idea about Fantasy Football.

My instructions were: Get a good QB early, because they score the most points.

My first 2 picks in that draft: Brett Favre, Steve McNair.

That season sucked.

My first draft, in 1995, which was preHuddle and pre me finding the innernets for FF uses was similar. I drew the #1 pick and took Steve Young. When my second round pick came around the top player left in my FF INdex was a young man named Brett Favre (which I of course pronounced Favvvvrreeeee), emphasis on the "V", thus showing how prepared Iwas heading into the draft. IIRC, I then made a post draft day trade of Cris Carter for Craig Heyward, because I needed an RB which I neglected in the draft. Since that day, I have never traded with that owner again as he took complete advantage of my newbiness, Istill don't feel clean, and while he is still very knowledgeable most in the league do not trade with him because he is incapable of making a non-lopsided offer, even after counters are made.

My only saving grace was dealing Steve Young before he was concussed for the year for Andre Miller and Chris Warren. I didnt finish in the money, but I ended in the top half of the standings even after my draft day debacle. Then, after going 2-15 in my second FF season (we played 17 weeks, no playoffs), I discovered the innernets, eventually the huddle, and have me in the money, or just out of it every season since.

I was here within the first hours you went live.

You (IIRC) made a post on the old KFFL/FFMastermind board, before they parted ways (now there is some FF internet trivia for you all), and I happened to be checking their boards out at the time you posted, so I cruised over, posted on the boards here, apparently interrupting one of your many conversations with yourself back in those days and became hooked. I do believe I was the first non-Dorey to ever post on a Huddle message board, but I can not prove that. I think what hooked it was I sent a few questions via e-mail and got answers from you or Whitney within hours.

I think you may be correct on that. At first I did not remember using the name Big Country with the question on the mickey mouse message board we had at the time and then I realized it was actually not me.

Still wondering how to get rid of BC That was a long time ago!

Well I have been here before it was a pay site and was possibly the first person to sign up when it went to a pay site. I dont post very often just read the banter and articles but my registered number is 5 and i believe DMD once said the first few are admin accounts. Can anyone top being member number 5? If not can I get a free membership this year? LOL

:D WW is #2, DMD is #3. #4 is no one (A KS2K alias, on an account orignally brought up as a second DMD account). #1 if tomas, an Invision employee who used it for the transfer to here)

On the old UBB accounts, #2-#4 were #1-#3 respectively. You were #7. The old #4-#6 were purged out due to inactivity.

Class of 1998 or 1999.

2000 or 2001 Mystery Huddler (not to proud of that either).

Thanks for all your hard work DMD and WW. :D

:D Actually 2002 MH

Edited by Big John

:D WW is #2, DMD is #3. #4 is no one (A KS2K alias, on an account orignally brought up as a second DMD account). #1 if tomas, an Invision employee who used it for the transfer to here)

On the old UBB accounts, #2-#4 were #1-#3 respectively. You were #7. The old #4-#6 were purged out due to inactivity.

So what you are really telling me is that at this rate I will be #1 any day now. :D

Based on when my local league started (97) I started coming here around 97-98. First to just the main page, then lurked the message boards for a while & I believe first started posting in 99. My first username was BallHawgs which was my FF team name, then shortly after changed it to Juststeppedinit as a play off my first name(take a wild guess & no it's not $hit) Then finally changed my name to rajncajn. Since then the only usernames I've used with any regularity were Beached Beaudreux which I used while vacationing in Hawaii, Screamin' Coonass which had some purpose but I forget what & HairyBunz...SteeBunz's favorite poster. :D

:D Add TheSkivy to that list for regular use and a few more for irregular use.