[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A Question For You Long Time Huddlers

TBone

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing a little counting back, I think I stumbled across the Huddle sometime in May or June of '99. I remember Bronco Billy and Grits being VERY prominent, and most of the members who'd been around a bit longer were constantly calling them "newbie tools."

Doing a little counting back, I think I stumbled across the Huddle sometime in May or June of '99. I remember Bronco Billy and Grits being VERY prominent, and most of the members who'd been around a bit longer were constantly calling them "newbie tools."

:D

We still are...

Believe that I found The Huddle soon as it hit the airways. Several times a day I did searches for FF sites and FF info so figure I found it pretty quick. Wasn't real interested in the message boards in those days....was here for the home page info.

Hit the message boards in '98 and followed the MB for a good bit before I made my first post. Was almost my last too. LOL First post was a thread opener and Blitz typed a word I was not too happy about. I asked how to delete the thread and Kansas State told me that deleting the thread would be bad form and to suck it up. So I did and while I never visited that thread again, the MB stuck and I have been posting ever since.

In those days the info given on the MB was unbelievable. The quickest and most up to date stuff you could find anywhere. Kept me here that is for sure.

So I have been here from close to the beginning.... and while I procrastinated when it went pay, and thus the high number, I knew there was no way I wouldn't be a member of The Huddle. Just too much good info for a dedicated FF'er to pass up.

I will say though.... I miss the wide open Huddle. Was a knock-down-drag-out fight every day over something....no matter how trivial... but the info given on players and teams was at a peak that will never be seen again.

I think my first post was on the main board in a RB thread and Bronco Bully called me a newbie tool. This was 1999. He was right. :D

But guess what you over sensitive newbie weenies, I didn't PM DMD and complain, I took a step back, watched and learned, and kept on posting. :D

.............. I didn't PM DMD and complain, I took a step back, watched and learned, and kept on posting.

And therein lies what might be the biggest difference between then and now.

Oh, and you had expected BB to say anything else? :D

And therein lies what might be the biggest difference between then and now.

Oh, and you had expected BB to say anything else? :D

Well, I didn't know that he was a condescending prick back then, but I learned quickly. :D

Well, I didn't know that he was a condescending prick back then, but I learned quickly. :D

To be fair, I'm a conditional condescending prick. If you bring a solid argument to the table or ask a reasonable question, I love to debate & discuss.

To be fair, I'm a conditional condescending prick. If you bring a solid argument to the table or ask a reasonable question, I love to debate & discuss.

You mean like....

Why am I so much smarter than you?

Something like that?

Posty called me a newbie tool back in, I believe it was '99. Until he found out we were in the same town and I threatened to keek his ass next time I saw him in Wal-Mart. I even told him I'd send him $5.00 for gas money. Back then you could do that sort of thing.

Posty called me a newbie tool back in, I believe it was '99. Until he found out we were in the same town and I threatened to keek his ass next time I saw him in Wal-Mart. I even told him I'd send him $5.00 for gas money. Back then you could do that sort of thing.

I disagree. It's always been bad form to pick on women, children, and the challenged.