[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Star Wars

myhousekey

The acting in Star wars is horrible at best. I'm not saying it wasn't a land mark film of its time.

Empire Strikes Back is okay if you remove all of lukes scenes until he fights Vader. It is basically a story about Solo flying around some rocks for an hour. Plus the huge mistake in time. They show Han and Leah running from the empire for all of a day yet Luke is with Yoda training to be a jedi for a while. Doesn't make sense

Return of the Jedi is terrible

Phantom Menance [minus Jar Jar] was a great story and set up for the war

Attack of the clones [minus the title itself] is a great freaking movie and anikan is played perfectly as a spoiled cry baby.

Revenge of the Sith is the best Star Wars movie and is hand over fist better than Empire

Nope.

People cling to the old movies because they grew up with them [see Goonies, E.T, Temple of doom, ect.] if you clear your head from your childhood love of the movies you see the new ones are clearly the better written/story/acted movies.

I always knew you had problems, but this confirms it. To compliment Hayden Christianson in any way shows a lack of, well, taste. Obvious options are Harry Osborne from SpiderMan or the kid who played Pyro in the XMen films.

Sith better than Empire? "Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo................"

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm going to go in the order they were released. Mainly because of Empire Strikes Back and the whole "I'm your father" speech. I think it has more impact if you don't know the past history.

that's my favorite one...

Episode 4 - Star Wars - The film that started it all. For it's day, the Special Effects kicked a$$. As far as I'm concerned, this was the best episode

Episode 5 - The Empire Strikes Back - This one is next on my list, dark, moody, and very cool.

Episode 6 - Return of the Jedi - Carrie Fisher in that skimpy outfit, yea baby. It started out great but was ruined when the Ewoks showed up. That was the moment when it moved from good Sci-Fi to a kiddy show. Those little furry bastards ruined what started out to be a fitting end to a great triology.

Episode 1 - Phantom Menace - A continuation of the kiddy show. Jar-Jar give me a freakin break. That character was so disruptive, it ruined the whole damm film. Add in all the other characters that was invented to entertain 5 year olds and you have the worse film of the bunch

Episode 2 - Attack of the Clones - Had some great moments but somehow turned into a chick flick. This is suppose to be Sci-Fi, not the Lifetime Channel. If we have to sit thru 2 hours of young love at least throw in a couple of Natalie Portman nude scenes.

Episode 3 - Revenge of the Sith - I would argue that it may be the second best one. Looked good, and felt like Star Wars. Damm good movie.

seems to me like they ought to do some sort of badass TV show. on cable. they could pursue those storylines, and flush out all the little nuances of the star wars universe that have thus far only been explored in some of the video games and such. it's the kind of thing that could make star wars cool again, once and for all.

as far as the question....watch them in release order, 4-6, 1-3.

They are. There is a computer graphic clone wars in 2008 and then in 2009 a live action TV show that follows the continue hunting of the jedi that escaped in EP III [rumor]

Agree that that storyline is very intriguing.

Up until about 4 years ago, I had read just about all of the authorized books that came out. Very interesting.

The dude who plays Chewie and the dude who plays C3PO both signed contracts for 7,8,9 back in 97

EDIT - contracts for an option for 7,8,9

Edited by cliaz

PS - I still slick one out to Carrie fisher of 1977 and 1980 all the time. She was freaking hot as hell back then. But you can tell in Return of the Jedi the drugs and smoking were catching up to her [face] as she looked well order than 26

She was older than 26? :D She looked good in the skimpy outfit when she was trapped in Jabba's palace. But you're right, you can see the aging on her face. When she kissed Han and smiled after telling him Luke was here brother, you could definitely see the aging in her face.

I agree with the other Huddlers who posted that Revenge of the Sith is the best of the six. Although The Empire Strikes Back was the Falcon flying around rocks for a while, I think it was the second best one.

you can see the aging on her face. When she kissed Han and smiled after telling him Luke was here brother, you could definitely see the aging in her face.

I believe that medical condition is called "snorting massive amounts of cocaine"

The prequels needed tighter plotting and there was so much good stuff that got passed over for whatever reason - Ep 1 should've set the entire stage for the Clone Wars - most of Naboo could have been excised and set off-screen and AotC could've been cut to the rest of Ep I's run time/bleed over into Ep II - Ep II should've been the Clone Wars/Anakin's turn to the dark side, and Ep III should've been the betrayal/hunting down of the Jedi - and to keep plot integrity, Anakin should've turned and been killed at the end of Ep II, and Sidious new student Darth Vader should have mysteriously appeared in Ep III helping wipe out the Jedi, and trying to hunt down Padme...with no hint that she was carrying twins. So if you were watching the series in 1-6 order, it would've been obvious that Luke was Anakin's son, but there still would've been some dramatic weight to the reveal that Vader IS Anakin and Leia is Luke's sister.

Overall, IMO, the prequels seemed to be less about making a coherent and compelling story than finishing the job by telling the story prior to IV-VI. It was so bungled that I'd say if someone were going to watch SW for the first time, they should watch ANH, then ESB, lower their expectations tremendously, and watch RotJ (which still has some good stuff in it). Lower expectations some more, and watch the PT.

I always knew you had problems, but this confirms it. To compliment Hayden Christianson in any way shows a lack of, well, taste. Obvious options are Harry Osborne from SpiderMan or the kid who played Pyro in the XMen films.

Sith better than Empire? "Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo................"

Okay kid, don't get cocky.

I believe that medical condition is called "snorting massive amounts of cocaine"

That's for sure.

I saw her do an interview on television a week or so ago about Star Wars. Here voice is much deeper than it was in the movies. I guess that was the cigs at work.

I play star wars II battlefront online. :D

Just got done playing "Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy" on the Xbox 360.

If you can get past the fact that you're playing with Lego characters, it's probably the best Star Wars game you'll ever play. Excellent game....and pretty hilarious too. :D:tup:

The prequels needed tighter plotting and there was so much good stuff that got passed over for whatever reason - Ep 1 should've set the entire stage for the Clone Wars - most of Naboo could have been excised and set off-screen and AotC could've been cut to the rest of Ep I's run time/bleed over into Ep II - Ep II should've been the Clone Wars/Anakin's turn to the dark side, and Ep III should've been the betrayal/hunting down of the Jedi - and to keep plot integrity, Anakin should've turned and been killed at the end of Ep II, and Sidious new student Darth Vader should have mysteriously appeared in Ep III helping wipe out the Jedi, and trying to hunt down Padme...with no hint that she was carrying twins. So if you were watching the series in 1-6 order, it would've been obvious that Luke was Anakin's son, but there still would've been some dramatic weight to the reveal that Vader IS Anakin and Leia is Luke's sister.

Overall, IMO, the prequels seemed to be less about making a coherent and compelling story than finishing the job by telling the story prior to IV-VI. It was so bungled that I'd say if someone were going to watch SW for the first time, they should watch ANH, then ESB, lower their expectations tremendously, and watch RotJ (which still has some good stuff in it). Lower expectations some more, and watch the PT.

Lucas is coming with another movie....but hasn't mentioned another trilogy....yet.....

I guess he half assed 1-2-3 so he could sell umm.....7, 8, 9?....but it's before 4, 5 and 6.....so what math is Lucas using? :D

Lucas is coming with another movie....but hasn't mentioned another trilogy....yet.....

I guess he half assed 1-2-3 so he could sell umm.....7, 8, 9?....but it's before 4, 5 and 6.....so what math is Lucas using? :D

7, 8, 9 would be set after Return of the Jedi. Lots of good storyline stuff there.

I've been known to play Battlefront and Lego Star Wars. Jedi Academy is good stuff too.

:D

7, 8, 9 would be set after Return of the Jedi. Lots of good storyline stuff there.

I've been known to play Battlefront and Lego Star Wars. Jedi Academy is good stuff too.

:D

I don't understand why they would exclude "Vader in his prime" from our viewing satisfaction...

After the major disappointment that was Episodes I and II, I am not sure I would want to see Episodes 7, 8 and 9...the acting in those first two films was attrocious...

:Demolitionmancomputervoice: "Alex Gaddis you have just been fined 10 huddle credits for violation of the "don't rag on the prequals action" clause." :/Demolitionmancomputervoice:

i thought the first (episode 1) of the prequel was quite bad in a lot of ways, but it was still cool to see "new star wars", with modern special effects and the like. i guess you could say i was mildly disappointed, but still pleased. the second and third were actually quite good, IMO. i really was not disappointed in them at all.

Honestly, I wish George Lucas was hit by a bus in 1990 after the last Indiana Jones movie. My imagination is better than the prequels; and please no special editions, just give me the remastered theatrical releases.