Sign in to follow this  
Gopher

32 year ago...

OK, this is kind of funny. I'm 32 today. While typing the topic to this post, I actually had to google the word "presence" to make sure I spelled it correctly, because I am pretty messed up right now. I have been working 3rd shift for the past 9 months, and I typically go golfing with some of the guys who work for me at least once a week after work. Well, today, we decided to play 18 holes, starting at about 11:30 AM, and we finished our last drink in the clubhouse after the round at about 6 PM. It is now 8:45, and I have been up for about 20+ hours, and drinking for about 9-10 of them.

One thing I found somewhat strange today as I pondered my 32 years of existence..... I hired someone today who was born in 1988..... I can remember 1988!!!!!!!! In fact, I remember 1987, as that was the year that the Twins won their first World Series against St. Louis. I never fathomed that 32 would feel so OLD!!!!!

Speaking of the Twins, they are in Oakland this weekend, so I have asked my wife for one simple birthday present.... A weekend that includes at least one baseball game (since MN is only out here about once or twice a year) and a round of golf. She is in grad school and I work about 60 hours a week, so with my crazy hours, we see literally about 5 hours of each other in a typical week. So, I am really looking forward to spending this weekend doing three of my favorite things.....playing golf, watching baseball, and spending time with the woman I love.

Cheers. And here's to hoping that you guys all have as much fun this weekend as I do. :D

Happy Birthday Gopher. Do you look like this?

:D That made me laugh.

Well Gopher, we share the same day but but I'm 12 years older and wiser.. :D

Well Gopher, we share the same day but but I'm 12 years older and wiser.. :D

Nice...... :D

Happy Birthday!!! :D

:D He actually looks more like Yukon's long lost mountain man brother. At least from what I remember... I did have a few :brew:s in me that night.

:D He actually looks more like Yukon's long lost mountain man brother. At least from what I remember... I did have a few :brew:s in me that night.

:D

HB to you two. :D

Happy B-Day!! :D

Is he related to spain?

Is he related to spain?

:D Gopher is from the north, so that is a "no"