[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone gots a movie recommendation?

Furd

I haven't been following the new releases. My date wants to see a movie tonight (undoubtedly to avoid having to converse with me, eh weigie?)

I have no idea as to her likes/dislikes.

TIA :D

28 weeks later. show her you care only for your interests.

pirates of carribbean. safe most everyone knows the characters involved

knocked up. potential date movie plus you can see the hot blond from greys anatomy :D

georgia rule. score some points by taking her to an obvious chick flick.

Edited by boat_hacked

I haven't been following the new releases. My date wants to see a movie tonight (undoubtedly to avoid having to converse with me, eh weigie?)

Knocked Up - same guy who did The 40 Year Old Virgin.

I haven't seen it yet, but if it sucks, let me know and I'll re-imburse you the cost of the tickets.

I found it to be a pretty good movie, and so have a lot of other adults

Shrek 1 and 2 were both great (the latter was slightly better, IMO). The series is definitely not just for kids.

knocked up.

Not recommended for people with an IQ over 80

Shrek 1 and 2 were both great (the latter was slightly better, IMO). The series is definitely not just for kids.

Not recommended for people with an IQ over 80

Unless Judd Apatow has completely lost his fastball, I'd trust his track record of Freaks and Geeks, Undeclared, and The 40 Year Old Virgin.

Of course, since you enjoy the masterwork of modern cinema that is Shrek, you obviously operate on a higher plane.

Thanks boys.

After throwing out a couple suggestions just so I didn't appear to be weaselly, she suggested Year of the Dog:

Part workplace comedy, part psychosexual character study, the film charts Peggy's obsessive mourning period after her beloved beagle Pencil dies.

:D

1) I don't know about "hawt," but I think that she's pretty.

2) After dabbling with younger women, I have returned to my age group (she's 3 years younger than me.)

3) And Chavez, if I don't like the movie, I will accept a check. (Just make sure to mark the envelope Attn: Furd)

Unless Judd Apatow has completely lost his fastball, I'd trust his track record of Freaks and Geeks, Undeclared, and The 40 Year Old Virgin.

Of course, since you enjoy the masterwork of modern cinema that is Shrek, you obviously operate on a higher plane.

+1 40 year old virgin was flat out hilarious, and it is one of those that gets funnier every time you watch it.

Knocked Up looks like another winner to me. Will be seeing this weekend at some point.

Edited by wildcat2334

After throwing out a couple suggestions just so I didn't appear to be weaselly, she suggested Year of the Dog:

3) And Chavez, if I don't like the movie, I will accept a check. (Just make sure to mark the envelope Attn: Furd)

:D That offer only was for Knocked Up.

:D Of course, on a date, you may want to avoid comedies about a one-night stand resulting in pregnancy.

Lets hope she doesn't want mexican or Furd will ditch her faster than she can say "nice watch" :D

The 40-Year-Old Virgin was pretty good, but the previews for Knocked Up look incredibly stupid. I hope that I'm wrong for your sake, but I'll wait until it's available over Netflix.

You mean a "higher plane" than recycled penis jokes? :D

The 40-Year-Old Virgin was pretty good, but the previews for Knocked Up look incredibly stupid. I hope that I'm wrong for your sake, but I'll wait until it's available over Netflix.

I just saw it - it's BETTER than the 40YOV. My offer of refunding the cost of the tickets goes for you, too.

EDITED TO ADD - I didn't see any of the trailers, but someone mentioned they are selling it as an American Pie-type romp.

Universal will probably get sued for false advertising - yeah it has its bawdier moments (f-bombs fly fast and furious) but at its heart it is a relationship tale. If you are married/have kids, a lot of the stuff will hit home, and some of the moments might leave you a big gooey mess of tears - you'd never imagine a line like "I like Spider-Man too" could be heartbreaking.

Edited by Chavez

Lets hope she doesn't want mexican or Furd will ditch her faster than she can say "nice watch" :D

:D

What does Hankk think about you dating a chick?

Very supportive - he helps me pick out clothes.

:D More specifically, 40

:tup::doh:

That movie was not a second date movie. It was a bit depressing.

My Super Ex-Girlfriend. Clearly not the best or funniest movie I've seen, but it is a good date movie. I found it hard to get through the first 15 minutes, but after figuring out that its intent was not to be a tweener kids/adult movie, it got a lot funnier.

My Super Ex-Girlfriend. Clearly not the best or funniest movie I've seen, but it is a good date movie. I found it hard to get through the first 15 minutes, but after figuring out that its intent was not to be a tweener kids/adult movie, it got a lot funnier.

Was this a documentary? :D

After throwing out a couple suggestions just so I didn't appear to be weaselly, she suggested Year of the Dog

That movie was not a second date movie. It was a bit depressing.