[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FYI: American Airlines frequent-flyer miles will now expire after 18 months

wiegie

Because we value your participation in the AAdvantage program, we want to let you know about an upcoming program change. AAdvantage members now must have mileage earning or redemption activity once every 18 months in order to remain active and retain their miles. Effective December 15, 2007, mileage balances will expire from AAdvantage accounts that have not had miles either earned or redeemed within the previous eighteen (18) month period. This change will not impact you as long as you remain active in the AAdvantage program.

AA sucks AASS.

I used the last of mine up in March.

Look for an increasing number of "affinity programs" as consumers consolidate their air travel with one airline (so that their FF miles never expire).

Southwest Airlines is the only way to fly guys. Seriously!

Frontier when I have to fly to Hartford (only direct flight from Denver, and they are pretty good).

JetBlue when I fly to NY or Boston.

Isn't it weird how these airlines can manage to turn a profit without screwing their pension plans, or getting bailouts from the government?

It almost makes me think that the government should let bad business go bankrupt and let better businesses take their places. I know... that's crazy talk.

Frontier when I have to fly to Hartford (only direct flight from Denver, and they are pretty good).

JetBlue when I fly to NY or Boston.

I like Frontier because their planes have the tv's in the head rests. But they are typically at least 50% higher than Southwest.