[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is the wierdest yet enjoyable movie you ever saw?

DMD

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fight club is good, but who doesn't like fight club?

As mentioned in another thread, Ravenous is one of my favs.

Another great classic film I have seen 10 times, and bought the book, called Miami Blues w/alec baldwin, probably one of his first films. He's fresh outa prison in LA, jumps on a plane and jets to Miami to start over, only he is not starting over legit. Jennifer jason leigh booby scenes, very violent, Fred Ward plays the good ol boy cop.

Another one I really like is more recent, called Rules of Attraction, such a good flick.

And Punch Drunk Love, oscar worthy right there.

Edited by H8tank

Classic! :D

I just referenced that movie about a week ago in a conversation with my wife where we were talking about crossing against the light. Even in a deserted post-apocalyptic world it can be dangerous! :tup:

This movie is awesome!

Good call on Miami Blues H8, it is a great film.

One of my favorites is Repo Man

Any of Cronenbergs films really... I'll just throw a dart here - Videodrome.

Bring Me The Head Of Alfredo Garcia and Cock Fighter are two great ones with Warren Oates.

Altered States

I could go on for hours...

Edited by Flypaste

The Thief, The Cook, His Wife & Her Lover, an incredibly wierd yet delightful flick, although I only saw it once about 18 years ago and I received theater head during it. That may affect my recollection of the quality of the film.

Wow. A page and a half and no one mentions Altered States, Gothic or Lair of the White Worm all by the main man Ken Russell.

12 Monkeys might be weird, but even better and weirder is its prototype, Le Jetee. It's a 20 minutes film which is the core of 12 Monkeys (time travel?) but is told through audio and a series of dissolving black and white photographs.

On a more mainstream note, what is weirder and more enjoyable than Big Trouble in Little China?

Wow. A page and a half and no one mentions Altered States, Gothic or Lair of the White Worm all by the main man Ken Russell.

I got really stoned and watched Lair of the White Worm and it really didn't make any sense.

So I watched it sober and I think it was even MORE confusing. :D

I got really stoned and watched Lair of the White Worm and it really didn't make any sense.

So I watched it sober and I think it was even MORE confusing. :D

That's because it's drivel. The best bit is the band belting out the song at the end.

ETA: Oh yeah, and the tits.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

I was looking through the 5-stars I rated on Netflix, and a lot of the stuff in this thread, I have seen and enjoyed, but I wouldn't classify it as "weird"

I guess my short list would be Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Abro Los Ojos (Open Your Eyes, the Almodavar film that Vanilla Sky was based on), and Riki-Oh:The Story of Riki.

Of those, Riki-Oh is the most absolutely insane.