[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is the wierdest yet enjoyable movie you ever saw?

DMD

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great movie... Jim Jarmusch has directed three of my favorite movies: Ghost Dog, Dead Man, and Down By Law...

I really enjoyed his "Night On Earth", and then kept watching his movies looking for it's equal. I couldn't find it. Dead Man and Down By Law were pretty good, but not among my favorites.

I really enjoyed his "Night On Earth", and then kept watching his movies looking for it's equal. I couldn't find it. Dead Man and Down By Law were pretty good, but not among my favorites.

Night On Earth is great too... The only one of his films I wasn't thrilled with is Broken Flowers and even that has it's moments... Down By Law is my all time favorite though. I really dig Robby Müller's work as a cinematographer.

This is a great movie... Jim Jarmusch has directed three of my favorite movies: Ghost Dog, Dead Man, and Down By Law...

And two of those three movies are excruciating.

Hint: Down by Law ain't one of them.

And two of those three movies are excruciating.

Hint: Down by Law ain't one of them.

I understand where you are coming from... As far as pacing goes his movies tend to drag, come to think of it drag might be a little generous. I don't mind it but I can't say I disagree with you either.

I've seen the original Cannonball Run approximately 1,000 times.

I can probably recite every line in Breakfast Club.

I will make a point to watch My Bodyguard when it comes on.

Wierd Science.

True Grit.

Class of Nuke 'em High.

:D

I've seen the original Cannonball Run approximately 1,000 times.

I can probably recite every line in Breakfast Club.

I will make a point to watch My Bodyguard when it comes on.

Wierd Science.

True Grit.

Class of Nuke 'em High.

:D

Those aren't "weird" movies...

...then again, if you do drugs like Club does, EVERY movie is probably pretty weird... "Hey, did you see the monkeys fly out of that guy's ass before he melted into a puddle of Tootsie Roll?"

Mrs Club - "Honey, it's Terms of Endearment"

Yes.

Ok. I liked the release version better, but the end of the director's cut was better. The Director's cut deletes the scene where Rutghaur times out... which is the best scene inthe movie IMO. The ending of the director's cut was supposedly deemed "not happy enough". I found this about it, but disagree that the director's cut will go down as the definitive version, because most people have only seen the release version.

Blade Runner is one of those few films that actually got better. In 1992, the original version of the film (before Hollywood execs got their grubby little paws on it) was released theatrically as a director's cut. It featured the most comprehensive changes made to a film by such a so-called "director's cut." Whereas much hype surrounded the Star Wars Special Edition we saw earlier this year, the director's cut of Blade Runner offered audiences more than a few cosmetic changes such as cleaned up special effects and sound, a CGI creature or two. Blade Runner - Director's Cut altered the film's tone and feeling and ultimately its plot as well. Gone was the tag-on happy ending, along with Harrison Ford's voice over. In came a haunting dream sequence featuring a unicorn. This particular version of Blade Runner will go down in cinema history as the definitive version. (Unlike the Star Wars Special Edition which in retrospect seems an odd hybrid of 1970s and 1990s technology all in one movie.)

...then again, if you do drugs like Club does, EVERY movie is probably pretty weird... "Hey, did you see the monkeys fly out of that guy's ass before he melted into a puddle of Tootsie Roll?"

I'd pay $7.50 to see that regardless of the plot. :D

Well, jury is still out on the enjoyable part but I have been watching a pretty weird one for the past hour or so. From Dusk til Dawn seems to have covered the weird part pretty easily.

I actually enjoyed that flick. One of my favorite scenes in that movie was when Terrantino is daydreaming and in his dream Julia Lewis? says to him" would you do me a favor and lick my p***y". Terrentino goes,

"sure!". Just the way he said it made me LMAO. That scene is actually on the soundtrack, which is pretty good. And what about Katherine Zeta Jones' table dance? :D

Well, jury is still out on the enjoyable part but I have been watching a pretty weird one for the past hour or so. From Dusk til Dawn seems to have covered the weird part pretty easily.

And what was hard for me to believe was what a star studded cast it had. George Clooney, Harvey Kietel, Juliette Lewis, Quentin Terrentino, and of course a young Katherine Zeta Jones. :D

I forgot about the language in that and sat daown with my grandmother to watch. :D:D

And what about Katherine Zeta Jones' table dance? :D

Salma Hayek.

Though CZJ looks pretty hot in Chicago (a pretty weird movie what with everybody singin' and dancin' all the time - I mean, who does THAT?)

Seven - I thought all the performances in this movie were incredibly strong.....which made it enjoyable. Even though it's one of the darkest, sickest crime stories ever told. I still find myself watching it a few times a year.

? Dark but I wouldn't say "weird."

What the hell is weird about that?

Right here also....kinda quirky but not really weird.

Didn't think Blade Runner was THAT weird either. Sort of a dark sci fi flick, that's it. (OK D Hannah was seriously weird)

Not sure if this warrants what DMD intended, but Vanilla Sky was a weird movie. I thought it was awesome, and keep looking for a copy in the Blockbuster four-for-$20 used DVD’s. You find a lot of funky movies in the used DVD’s cheap, and for all intent and purposes it’s as good as new.