[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mock 2 signups open

DMD

Boy, I like Crotchery, but I'm not sure if I like him in Rd 7. I just didn't see enough value anywhere else, he had similar value as other WRs still on the board, and his bye worked out nicely.

:D

With the way your team looked before you drafted him I wouldn't have drafted him, but that's me. I could see a greater need at TE or QB, being that theres still a couple top flight TE's avail and the QB's are starting to bunch together, that's the direction I would have went.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, he ought to hit 85 catches, 1000 yds, & 6-8 TDs. That's a solid #3 WR. It's hard to grouse too much about taking him there.

It's not so much that taking him here was a terrible move. It's just that IMO, looking at your team, there were better options out there for this pick and they might not be there for the next one. Whereas a guy like Cotchery, maybe even Cotchery himself, would have be there for your next selection. :D

Edited by irish

With the way your team looked before you drafted him I wouldn't have drafted him, but that's me. I could see a greater need at TE or QB, being that theres still a couple top flight TE's avail and the QB's are starting to bunch together, that's the direction I would have went.

I just didn't see the value being there at TE or QB. I can get guys at those positions 3 rounds later that will have roughly equivalent performance to guys I would have drafted now. Cotchery is as good as any WR to use a spaghetti-against-the-wall theory for drafting a #3 WRBC, I guess. There are a few other guys still on the board now who'll put up similar numbers to his projected numbers, but there are also some guys who have been picked earlier who he'll also match.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I agree 100% with this thinking and that's basically what I said without being too specific. I've made up my mind HT, you and I need to be in some sort of league as it would make things very interesting because we think so alike it's scary. :D

I just didn't see the value being there at TE or QB. I can get guys at those positions 3 rounds later that will have roughly equivalent performance to guys I would have drafted now. Cotchery is as good as any WR to use a spaghetti-against-the-wall theory for drafting a #3 WRBC, I guess. There are a few other guys still on the board now who'll put up similar numbers to his projected numbers, but there are also some guys who have been picked earlier who he'll also match.

That's the thing, it's individual preference and I think there was no doubt better value at other positions, and even at WR, to be had with that pick. But hey, that's what mocking is all about.

BTW - I sure was itching to go RB again...

I learned alot about you and your style in this mock.

Really didn't want to pick another same-team player but Calvin was IMO the best WR on the board.

Calvin was the best "unproven" WR on board....

So, does that mean everyone likes Shockey better than Davis?

I like Davis a lot, but Shockey is a little more proven, that's all.

I agree about Shockey being a little more proven I just have a problem with him getting "dinged up" occassionally.

Yup, that's his downfall. Unfortunately Davis got hurt last year or this might not even be up for discussion. I'd say Davis has more upside.

I will check in later tonight but will be unavailable for a couple hours.

Well isn't that great news. As much as I can't blame you because of how this has gone, are you going to pre-select?