[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WSOP Updates

Easy n Dirty

If I have the updates correct....you were already in 1st place before he won. You may run away with it. :D

Crap. :D

Most of the people around me in the standings have Phil ranked pretty highly as well....the winner will likely have someone odd ranked pretty highly (I had Devilfish ranked 12th and he finished 3rd in a tourney, netting me 360 pts that nobody else got, for example.) I liked BC's strategy, though it hasn't paid off...yet. All it takes is one darkhorse to make a final table and the thing can turn fast.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated for the HORSE Event and the NL Hold Em Event that finished yesterday. Cyclones adds to his lead with the Hellmuth victory:

Player Score

cyclones 4370

BringBackPat 4062

chiefjay 3792

muck 3656

Tbone 65 3654

SeattleLawDawg 3642

TimC 3626

Big Country 3554

Easy N Dirty 3410

wildcat3334 3358

skylive5 3310

geeteebee 3224

TimmyPG 3100

kerwin8 3012

KState2000 2968

godtomsatan 2680

SheikYerbuti 2370

jaxfactor 2358

spain 2160

Interesting tidbits on the players selected:

Without looking at the entries, can anyone guess what ONE player was on every entry. THat's right, this year only one player was on all 19 entries.

There were 79 different poker players selected. 29 of them appear on only one entry. With 19 entries, only 13 players appear on more than half of the entries (10 or more entries).

I liked BC's strategy, though it hasn't paid off...yet. All it takes is one darkhorse to make a final table and the thing can turn fast.

THanks Cyclones. Lynch has scored for me in two events, but I don';t have him ranked very high so it was not a major number of points for me. Alex Jacob got me a 3rd place finish, but again he is not ranked real high, so again not a lot of points, but I'm hoping that if they can score consistently a number of small scores here and there will maybe make up the difference in having say a Hellmuth ranked #6 for me (250 pt diff from your #1 ranking).

We'll see how it plays out, and it certainly makes keeping up on the events a little more exciting. I just wish I could be there again this year. It is an incredible buzz being in a room with literally 400 poker tables all going at the same time.

Without looking at the entries, can anyone guess what ONE player was on every entry. THat's right, this year only one player was on all 19 entries.

Without looking as per the request.... my guess would be Cunningham or Negreanu. I will go with Cunningham....especially since I rode him right up to 2nd last year and have him on the top of my list again this year while hardly anyone had him listed last year.

Without looking as per the request.... my guess would be Cunningham or Negreanu. I will go with Cunningham....especially since I rode him right up to 2nd last year and have him on the top of my list again this year while hardly anyone had him listed last year.

Very close.

You have them flipflopped.

Negreanu is the only player on all 19 entries. Cunningham and Ivey are on 18 of 19 entries. Then you have Hellmuth on 17.

I could play poker every day and live in a van down by the river. Fortunately, with the fishies in Atlantic City and their natural New York hatred of all things Southern, I get the whole table on tilt just by saying "Howdy" at the beginning and clean up the wifebeating-wearers.

I've actually wondered how much poker dealers make. I'd love to do it. It'd be awesome.

Which poker room are you at, Sheik?

www.theborgata.com

I'm the dealer in the picture:

http://www.worldpokertour.com/television/?...713&type=tvshow

effing love the way he plays. Dude is stone cold killer, makes great reads almost every damn time, and just has a sick feel for the game. One of the best.........

Yeah he is great. Never annoys other players or complains, just makes the right move 95% of the time and wins. He's almost like a quiet version of Hellmuth without the tilt factor.....although I still say Hellmuth is the best Holdem tournament player there has ever been. You just knew he was going to win that bracelet last night.

www.theborgata.com

what a phag... :D

Naw- that is cool- you enjoy it? are the high stakes games the only ones that are fun?.

I could see the low limit games getting old.........does it help yer poker game quite a bit?

www.theborgata.com

A friend and I played in the Borgata Winter Open satellites last year. Couldn't make it this year.

I'll have to check out that episode and see ya on TV. If a guy in a John Deere hat with a severe fake Southern drawl comes to your table to pizz off the locals and rake in the pots, it may be me. :D

I tip well :D.

Naw- that is cool- you enjoy it? are the high stakes games the only ones that are fun?.

I could see the low limit games getting old.........does it help yer poker game quite a bit?

From waht I have heard, and this is only heresay, a lot of the high stakes games do not generate good tips for the dealers, so the low stakes games are more "fun" as they get tipped better, and the players are more there for fun. Again, just heresay, and probably a lot has t odo with the group of players at the particular table and the dealer him(her)self.

Sheik;

Not sure how long you have been dealing, but if its been several years, how has the television boom changed poker as you perceive it?

I've been dealing cards for 8 years. The Moneymaker boom has been the best and worst thing to happen to the game.

On the good side, the games are fantastic now because there are so many curious newcomers who aren't very good. In the old days, poker rooms were scared to spread live no-limit games because they didn't want the tourists to go broke too fast. Now there are SO many new players, there's always fresh money coming into the room.

On the bad side, the game is now dominated by players who play with attitude and hubris. The game has had a marked dropoff in sportsmanship, which I think is a tragedy. I can't explain how, but people watch players like Humberto and Tony G on TV and want to act like that. It's scary and baffling.

Dealers have a reputation of being horrible players, and 99% of my co-workers lose their paychecks playing all the time. As for me, the job (and a lot of study and practice) has made me a winning player. I mean, if you spend 40 hours a week watching people play up close, aren't you supposed to pick up on tells and betting patterns??

And yes, I do enjoy it. I wouldn't trade the job for any other.

My brother is getting in the Borgata Summer Open on Saturday (I might be I'm not sure if I want to spend $1,080 on a poker tourney) will you be dealing for that?

No, I'll be one of the tournament directors for the Summer Open. Tell your brother to come up and say hi to me. My name is Jason. I'll be in a suit rather than the dealer's uniform.

From waht I have heard, and this is only heresay, a lot of the high stakes games do not generate good tips for the dealers, so the low stakes games are more "fun" as they get tipped better, and the players are more there for fun. Again, just heresay, and probably a lot has t odo with the group of players at the particular table and the dealer him(her)self.

For steady income, the smaller games are better for the dealers. But, in the bigger games there's always the possibility for a big tip on a big pot. I never heard of a dealer getting a $100 tip in a $2/4 limit game, but it happens from time to time in the $50/100 blind no-limit game. If it was up to me, I'd deal $2/5 no limit all day every day. The income is steady, the poker is mildly interesting, and the players are a nice mix of smiling tourists and local grinders.

If it was up to me, I'd deal $2/5 no limit all day every day. The income is steady, the poker is mildly interesting, and the players are a nice mix of smiling tourists and local grinders.

+1 When in Vegas, I always try to play $2/$5 unless I am at TI and then I play their $1/$3 game with the $500 buy in.

On a different note, can you hook a group of huddlers up with any deals for us to come up and play in your card room? Ive never even been to AC since it is just about as close to Vegas from Nashville. Just thought it might be fun to have a huddle meet up in Joisey...

+1 When in Vegas, I always try to play $2/$5 unless I am at TI and then I play their $1/$3 game with the $500 buy in.

On a different note, can you hook a group of huddlers up with any deals for us to come up and play in your card room? Ive never even been to AC since it is just about as close to Vegas from Nashville. Just thought it might be fun to have a huddle meet up in Joisey...

I've been playing and working in AC for over 15 years, and even I'll admit it: Why would you come to Jersey if Vegas is the same distance? AC can't carry Vegas' jockstrap. It's like single A and the Majors.

I'm actually putting together a small get-together of guys from around the country who are in leagues that I commission. They're coming up the last week in August to do a $200 league. I don't think any of them are Huddlers, though.

I've been playing and working in AC for over 15 years, and even I'll admit it: Why would you come to Jersey if Vegas is the same distance? AC can't carry Vegas' jockstrap. It's like single A and the Majors.

Well, their are alot of huddlers who live in the NY/NJ/DC/VA corridor that we could all get together for a huddle poker weekend.

Well, their are alot of huddlers who live in the NY/NJ/DC/VA corridor that we could all get together for a huddle poker weekend.

Hmmm. . .good point. Sounds cool.

No, I'll be one of the tournament directors for the Summer Open. Tell your brother to come up and say hi to me. My name is Jason. I'll be in a suit rather than the dealer's uniform.

Sounds good, I'll look for you.

How many people are you expecting for this tourney? I'm thinking in the 150-200 range.

Also, just a quick heads-up if you are running the tourney. My brother & I are both physically handicapped. We need a few small accommodations to play. We bring someone with us to show us our cards, to handle our chips, ect..

When I played in the $500 WPT tourney in 2005, The Borgata people couldn't be nicer. They helped me out without any complaints so I'm assuming the same thing will be done on Saturday.

Edited by Timmypg

So, Negreanu makes a final table, Raymer makes his second final table and Humberto Brenes is at his third final table... and he has only entered 6 tourneys so far this year.

Gonna be a lot more points after tonights games play out. Will update with yesterdays results shortly I hope.. unless work interferes.

"nother update, picking up with event #15.

Event 15 - $1500 NLHE, 2,628 entries - Phil hellmuth wins, didn't recognize anyone else in the top 20.

Event 16 - $2500 H.O.R.S.E. - James Richburg wins it, Tom Schenider finishes 4th, Robert Mizrachi (Grinder's brother I think) is 6th, John Game is 18th.

Event 17 - Ladies Hold "em event, $1k - Sally Boyer wins it.

Event 18 - $5k Limit Hold 'Em - Saro getzoyan wins it, Max Pescatori finishes 15th.

Event 19 - $2500 NLHE - 9 remain from a starting field of 1,103. Humberto Brenes is at the final table and seems to be having a very good WSOp thus far, he is 8th in chips out of the remaining 9 players. Mike Matusow finshed 11th, getting ousted when he got 'em all in with J-J but ran into K-K and failed to improve.

Event 20 - $2k 7-card stud Hi/Lo 8 or better - 8 remain out of 340 starters. greg Raymer is 3rd in chips. Ted Forrest finished 10th, while a couple names finished just outside the top 20 - John Juanda at 21 and Jeff Madsen at 25th. Andre Kavchecnko finished 22nd - I never heard of this guy before, but he already won a bracelet in event #9 and cashed in event #13, he's having a good WSOP.

Event 21 - $1500 NLHE shootout - shootout is where each table plays until only one player remains, and that winner advances to the next round. By definition, at the start of each round each player has the same number of chips. Final table is set, and it includes Daniel Negreanu and Eric Lindgren.

Cardplayer.com's coverage is pretty good - if you click on complete event coverage from their homepage, and then click on Hand Replays (which is offered only for certain events), they offer animated replays of certain critical hands with some rudimentary analysis at the end - kinda' interesting.