[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WSOP Updates

Easy n Dirty

Pretty funny, since on High Stakes Poker, Gabe often mentions that he's stuck over 7 million lifetime playing poker. . .Further proof that Chad Brown has no clue what he's talking about. Did anyone watch the heads up tourney match he played against Kristy Gazes, when the board was 6666x and Chad auto-checked his Ax when she checked to him on the river?? Checked the stone cold nuts on the river when it was checked to him. . .I told the Sheikette that I couldn't watch any more. I was dumbfounded that this guy calls himself a pro poker player. . ..

Dude, keep bringing the tips- loving the inside scoop on these guys. I agree- have never been impressed by Chad Brown and think he is barbage whenever I watch him play.

Ruosso is alright- but the poker world is so chock full of the uglies mofos on the planet- that she looks like a goddess in that world. Get her outta a poker rooom sheis average.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, keep bringing the tips- loving the inside scoop on these guys.

Is the position of Huddle Poker Degenerate/Gosip Columnist taken? If not, I'll send in my resume. . .

Chad Brown did make a bonehead play on that hand, but the guy made 2 final tables in '05 WSOP. IIRC though, he pretty much gave away his chips once there. :D

Yeah, and Ted Lawson currently has over $1 million dollars in tournament winnings THIS YEAR ALONE. This is the guy who, in an Omaha tournament that he went on to WIN, turned over his cards and proudly announced "I have a straight!". The board was T-7-4-4. This is the guy who was sweating his friend Lee Watkinson in a WSOP event, and jumped through the roof when Lee caught a card that improved his hand. Problem was, it helped his opponent's hand more. So much more, in fact, that Lee was drawing STONE DEAD. And there's his moran friend jumping up and down high-fiving everyone in sight. Wheeeee!!!!

Donk.

Yeah, and Ted Lawson currently has over $1 million dollars in tournament winnings THIS YEAR ALONE. This is the guy who, in an Omaha tournament that he went on to WIN, turned over his cards and proudly announced "I have a straight!". The board was T-7-4-4. This is the guy who was sweating his friend Lee Watkinson in a WSOP event, and jumped through the roof when Lee caught a card that improved his hand. Problem was, it helped his opponent's hand more. So much more, in fact, that Lee was drawing STONE DEAD. And there's his moran friend jumping up and down high-fiving everyone in sight. Wheeeee!!!!

Donk.

I didn't think that was LAwson.. will have to rewatch.

I thought Lawson was one of the guys that made a good run in season three or four of the WPT so he made it to their Young Guns show. Maybe I am thinking of the wrong guy.

Regarding Gabe, I think he is generally regarded as one of the better actor players. He has done quite well in quite a few open tournies, most recently the 50K HORSE event.

I thought Lawson was one of the guys that made a good run in season three or four of the WPT so he made it to their Young Guns show. Maybe I am thinking of the wrong guy.

You must be. . .Lawson ain't young. . .I'd say mid 50's.

Pretty funny, since on High Stakes Poker, Gabe often mentions that he's stuck over 7 million lifetime playing poker. . .Further proof that Chad Brown has no clue what he's talking about. Did anyone watch the heads up tourney match he played against Kristy Gazes, when the board was 6666x and Chad auto-checked his Ax when she checked to him on the river?? Checked the stone cold nuts on the river when it was checked to him. . .I told the Sheikette that I couldn't watch any more. I was dumbfounded that this guy calls himself a pro poker player. . ..

I don't think this is that bad of a play. Think about it, what more could he get out of this hand? On the river Kristy checks to him. Would she check to him with an Ace? Maybe. So By checking behind he's either going to win the entire pot or chop it. If he bets here, the results are going to be the same. The only hand Kristy can call with is an Ace as well, chopping the pot. If she doesn't have an Ace, she can't call a bet, and Chad takes it down, the same as checking.

If he had just called a bet by Kristy here, yeah, bad play. But there was no way he was getting any more chips out of Kristy in this hand. Nothing wrong with a check here, imo.

I don't think this is that bad of a play. Think about it, what more could he get out of this hand? On the river Kristy checks to him. Would she check to him with an Ace? Maybe. So By checking behind he's either going to win the entire pot or chop it. If he bets here, the results are going to be the same. The only hand Kristy can call with is an Ace as well, chopping the pot. If she doesn't have an Ace, she can't call a bet, and Chad takes it down, the same as checking.

If he had just called a bet by Kristy here, yeah, bad play. But there was no way he was getting any more chips out of Kristy in this hand. Nothing wrong with a check here, imo.

Here's the thing, when the river went check-check and the cards got turned over, Kristy said "Oh, we both have quads. . .chop it up". To which the dealer said "Uh, he has quads with an ace, ma'am" (another 'professional' poker player, folks). So, who knows HOW much money she would have put in thinking that Chad was just trying to get her to give up her half of a chopped pot? D'oh!

As far as Chad's play, even if your opponent SHOWS you an ace, you STILL MUST BET. The nuts is the nuts, and to not do anything to get some chips in the pot when it's checked to you on the river is the wrong play.

I haven't seen the episode, so didn't realize Kristy was confused. (I've always been less than impressed by Kristy anyway). So maybe seeing her confusion makes it so that a bet was in order. And if I'm in that position, I'm probably putting out a small bet there, just to see what she's got.

My analysis earlier was more along the lines of what Chad may have been thinking. I doubt he thought he could get any more out of that pot once it was checked to him. Maybe he was wrong, but I'm pretty sure he was figuring that Kristy was giving up on the hand, and therefore couldn't get more out of it. Now, after hearing her reaction, maybe he was wrong, and maybe she would have called a small bet there. Maybe after seeing a bet, she would have stopped and thought about it and realized that kickers would determine the winner. Who knows?

If I'm Chad Brown, I make some hugh bet trying to get Gazes off her hand; maybe she'll think I'm trying ot buy the pot and she'll come back at me with a call (or a raise!). If she calls, we chop (at worst); if she raises, I probably re-raise (just to see what happens, because a chop is the worst case scenario for me).

The key here is to convince the other player you're (for example) sitting on pocket 10s (or similar) and are trying to buy the pot.

BTW...

Todd Brunson and Barry Greenstein better finish well in the 2-7 Low-Ball tourney going on now... IIRC, there are 17 players left and Brunson is #2 in chips and Greenstein is #7.

BTW...

Todd Brunson and Barry Greenstein better finish well in the 2-7 Low-Ball tourney going on now... IIRC, there are 17 players left and Brunson is #2 in chips and Greenstein is #7.

I could use a good Todd finish myself.

His dad finished 6th in event 50...which works okay for me too.

Now if Scotty could have finished better than 15th in event 50 I would have been looking a bit better.

I could use a good Todd finish myself.

His dad finished 6th in event 50...which works okay for me too.

Now if Scotty could have finished better than 15th in event 50 I would have been looking a bit better.

Seidel is finally going to score some points too in this 2-7 event.

As far as Chad's play, even if your opponent SHOWS you an ace, you STILL MUST BET. The nuts is the nuts, and to not do anything to get some chips in the pot when it's checked to you on the river is the wrong play.

Even if the board was 6666A you bet out. Granted, not dealing with professionals here, but many times I have bet out with an ace high straight on the board, rainbow, and gotten players to lay down. Most of the times you get someone looking at you like why are you doing this, or, if online, typing ????? into the chat box, but, when you can reduce a pot from a 3 way chop to a 2 way chop, you gain, and I have had that ahppen on quite a few occassions.

Seidel is finally going to score some points too in this 2-7 event.

Seidel? Hmmm.... I think I remember someone by that name that used to play poker. :D

This year is not his best WSOP showing I would think.

I'm thinking that BC will probably do an update after the 2-7 event is done, right BC?

My plan is to do an update tomorrow (work load permitting, but, if I avoid this place and hunker down for a few hours here I should have a light day tomorrow) once all non-Main Event tournies are finished (if I read the WSOP calendar right).

That way we have a clear picture heading into the Main Event of the standings.

With 8 players left in the 2-7 lowball, here's how my math has the top three of us looking...

BringBackPat 8436 + 450 = 8886 (with Chad Brown (#2), Eric Seidel (#7) and Barry Greenstein (#12) still left)

cyclones 8216 + 348 = 8564 (with Seidel (#5) still left)

muck 8222 + 188 = 8410 (with Greenstein (#9), Seidel (#10) and Todd Brunson (#15) left)

...obviously, I'm hoping for Brunson and Greenstein to finish 1st and 2nd (respectively) and hope that Chad Brown and Eric Seidel get knocked out quickly...

With 8 players left in the 2-7 lowball, here's how my math has the top three of us looking...

BringBackPat 8436 + 450 = 8886 (with Chad Brown (#2), Eric Seidel (#7) and Barry Greenstein (#12) still left)

cyclones 8216 + 348 = 8564 (with Seidel (#5) still left)

muck 8222 + 188 = 8410 (with Greenstein (#9), Seidel (#10) and Todd Brunson (#15) left)

...obviously, I'm hoping for Brunson and Greenstein to finish 1st and 2nd (respectively) and hope that Chad Brown and Eric Seidel get knocked out quickly...

This was the status a few minutes ago:

1 Lamar Wilkinson 680,000

2 Chad Brown 590,000

3 Erik Seidel 485,000 **

4 Shawn Sheikhan 400,000

5 Andrew Black 344,000

6 Freddy Deeb 260,000 **

7 Todd Brunson 167,000 **

============================

8 Barry Greenstein

9 Chip Reese

10 Parris 'Butch' Holmes

11 Allen Cunningham **

12 Chris Ferguson **

13 Thor Hansen

14 Jeff Lisandro

15 Farzad Bonyadi

Tom Schneider 0 59,000

Philippe Rouas 0 77,000

Your hopes got a bit dashed with Brown and Siedel still in it.

Even though I am not a threat to the top people, event 54 was good to me....

Seidel 1st (5)

Deeb 6th (15)

Brunson 7th (9)

Cunningham 11th (1)

Ferguson 12th (3)

Brown finished 2nd for those scoring at home. :D

...just the opposite of what I needed...

Here's the top three (with my math):

BringBackPat 8886 + 1716 = 10602

muck 8410 + 1326 = 9736

cyclones 8564 + 800 = 9364

...note that per my math, Skylive has moved into 3rd with 9366...

Edited by muck

Dumb answer. The worst you can do is take the cash already in the pot. Best you can do is to add more chips to the pot so you can either take them all or chop. Either way betting you can't lose but CAN gain. Checking you CAN'T lose AND CAN'T gain.

Checking is the dumbest move you could possibly make.

...just the opposite of what I needed...

Here's the top three (with my math):

BringBackPat 8886 + 1716 = 10602

muck 8410 + 1326 = 9736

cyclones 8564 + 800 = 9364

...note that per my math, Skylive has moved into 3rd with 9366...

Where did Sheiky finish, I have him on my list (although at 18th it wont help me catch BBP, but might push me back in front of Sky.)