[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Odell.... Odell... Odell..

Dude, you can't stay out of trouble? I mean honestly.

as reported on channel 9

Odell Thurman Accused Of Assault

Posted By: Brian Duerring

Reported by: 9 News Reporter Deb Haas

Former Bengal Odell Thurman is being accused of assault in the state of Georgia.

The magistrate's office in Jasper County, Georgia confirms to 9 News that a couple of men filed complaints against Thurman and his brother following a weekend party.

The accusers told police Thurman and his brother punched them at a party during an argument and later returned with guns drawn.

No one was shot but the accusers claim they were assaulted.

They did not call police until the following morning. A judge will hold what's called a pre-warrant hearing on Friday to determine whether an arrest warrant should be issued for Thurman and his brother.

Thurman was suspended last season for violating the league's substance abuse policy, following a drunk driving arrest.

He could apply for reinstatement into the NFL this summer.

A Bengals spokesperson says since he is no longer on their roster they have no comment on the incident.

Wow...... I know they are my favorite team's divisional rival, but, it's got be so aggravating to be a Bengals fan right about now. They are an extremely talented team, but, all of these distractions definitely hurt them last year and will continue to do so, if they don't get it under control.

Edited by Menudo

Weird...why would they wait until the next day to call the police?

Probably because everyone is out to get the poor, innocent Bengals players based only on their reputation. :D

Probably because everyone is out to get the poor, innocent Bengals players based only on their reputation. :D

I'm hardly a Henry or Odell apologist,but waiting until the next day is strange.It almost sounds like they were angry at him and someone thought calling the police would be a great way to screw him over.Either way,if you're an alcoholic,going to a party doesn't seem like a wise decision.We'll find out soon enough I guess.

If the reports are true,see ya Odell.

I'm hardly a Henry or Odell apologist,but waiting until the next day is strange.It almost sounds like they were angry at him and someone thought calling the police would be a great way to screw him over.Either way,if you're an alcoholic,going to a party doesn't seem like a wise decision.We'll find out soon enough I guess.

If the reports are true,see ya Odell.

I thought of this, too ... and even wanted to think that at least he was "partying" in his podunk hometown, which is arguably better than going to a bar in a more conspicuous manner.

We will probably find out tomorrow, but I'm afraid even if the complaint gets thrown out the Bengals just can't give him any more chances. Which is a shame, since he was my favorite Bengal in his rookie year. He has (or, had) the potential to be truly dominating in the NFL.

Oh ... and quit gloating, menudo. No one who worships Big Ben has any room to make fun of another player's lack of brains. :D

Oh ... and quit gloating, menudo. No one who worships Big Ben has any room to make fun of another player's lack of brains. :D

No gloating from me. I actually thought I was being nice about it.

As for Roethlisberger, I don't worship him. However, you aren't comparing someone riding a motorcycle without a helmet, to the criminal acts that the members of your favorite team continue to do over and over and over again, are you ? :D

There was an internet rumor that the people that filed the complaint were doing it to try and get money out of Thurman.True or not,I don't know.What I do know is the complaint was dropped today,a day before the people filing the complaint would have to talk to a magistrate. :D

Thurman complaint dropped

Thurman stands to lose maybe $50-100 million if kicked out of the league premanently. They could have been paid off. Who knows?

Thurman stands to lose maybe $50-100 million if kicked out of the league premanently. They could have been paid off. Who knows?

Actually the rumor was they went to the police after Thurman refused to give them money.

The source I saw is hardly a reliable one-Profootballtalk.

Well, it certainly would make sense if there was a payoff. Anyway, this stuff doesn't happen unless Odell is at a late night party, so he is still a maron.

Sounds to me like he was celebrating being "off the hook", and found himself back on the hook.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if he F'd up again sometime this summer.

Edited by The Irish Doggy