[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

*** Official Everwars Thread ***

Super Twinky

Man, I hate to complain, but 1) it's gonna be pretty hard to figure out how to max this thing out and 2) I have a strange feeling it's not going to be worth all that much once I do. Strange that it's rare. I've got 3 darkwood crossbows (two heavy, one light) and they're all UC.

Well, edit to add, not really worth it all. The bright side of having tons of extra SP around is that you can screw around with switching things around. I maxed it out and it only hits for 15 damage and the attributes go to +2 each. Of course, almost every piece of armor and half my weapons give bonuses in those depts so it's not like I need it there.

That's a lot of SP to tie up for a weapon that does 15 pts damage. The same amount of SP for a great sword gets you over 20 and 15 pt spells only take 25.

Funny, a waepon that does 15 pts damage would be my first.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the record for the longest thread in Huddle history?

Any way to look that up?

We're not even close.

If you're looking for someone to attack try FBGsartre. He is currently ranked #1.

Yep, he just ditched his stuff and is quitting in protest, so he's an easy mark.

On another topic. I was checking what's been getting handed out in terms of loot today in general. Gotta say, it hasn't been all that pretty for anyone. Imagine if you got someone to join and got this as your recruitment bonus...

Recruitment Prize Code

Mithril Knuckle Duster

Gotta guess that would be what Kid Cid could expect if he did. :D

Yep, he just ditched his stuff and is quitting in protest, so he's an easy mark.

On another topic. I was checking what's been getting handed out in terms of loot today in general. Gotta say, it hasn't been all that pretty for anyone. Imagine if you got someone to join and got this as your recruitment bonus...

Recruitment Prize Code

Mithril Knuckle Duster

Gotta guess that would be what Kid Cid could expect if he did. :D

:D

I've been doing some analysis results when I can...

Ok, so I took 5034 prize codes (roughly a day and a half) and came up with these numbers where Fighter is Fighter only stuff like Heavy Armor and Great Swords, Mage is Mage Armor or Spells and All is an item that can be used by any class including scrolls, jewelry, potions, daggars and light armor. SP is skill point.

Fighter	245	4.87%Mage	354	7.03%All	604	12.00%SP	3831	76.10%

What this tells me is that you have a statistically greater chance of coming up with something useful to a mage than a fighter. Now if you remove the skill points from the equation it tells you ther percentage of time you get an item, that item is useful to a class.

Fighter	 20.37%Mage	   29.43%All		   50.21%

I would have thought the difference to be greater, but it seems that in order to "balance" between Mages and Fighter, they've skewed the prize codes in the direction of Mages.

Edited by Kid Cid

Why did the FBG ditch all his stuff in protest?...

He got into a bit of a pissing match with Z. She doesn't have a very thick skin and doesn't take even constructive criticism very well. FBG was using all those people skills he had learned over at the FBG forum and it had annoyed her. So she had tossed of a couple of snide comments at him over the last couple of days. He basically said F it, it's not worth it.

Just imagine if DMD was a woman who took umbrage at every jackass comment tossed his way. We'd have left here in droves.

Edited by Kid Cid

:D

I've been doing some analysis results when I can...

Ok, so I took 5034 prize codes (roughly a day and a half) and came up with these numbers where Fighter is Fighter only stuff like Heavy Armor and Great Swords, Mage is Mage Armor or Spells and All is an item that can be used by any class including scrolls, jewelry, potions, daggars and light armor. SP is skill point.

Fighter	245	4.87%Mage	354	7.03%All	604	12.00%SP	3831	76.10%

What this tells me is that you have a statistically greater chance of coming up with something useful to a mage than a fighter. Now if you remove the skill points from the equation it tells you ther percentage of time you get an item, that item is useful to a class.

Fighter	 20.37%Mage	   29.43%All		   50.21%

I would have thought the difference to be greater, but it seems that in order to "balance" between Mages and Fighter, they've skewed the prize codes in the direction of Mages.

That certainly fits my story. I'm sitting on a mountain of spells and have thrown back more low grade spells than anything else.

Doesn't bode well for those of us stockpiling powerful spells for the players market if this is the case.

No. Pretty soon it will be easy to be loaded with Mega spells. I'm hesitant to post this info over there though, I think it'll go over like a fart in church.

No. Pretty soon it will be easy to be loaded with Mega spells. I'm hesitant to post this info over there though, I think it'll go over like a fart in church.

That said, worst case scenario is that they don't sell for any more than 5 EP, so they're still worth hanging onto. My guess is that a UC spell will get you at least 25 or so EP in the players market which is still much better than selling them back right now. After all, there are a lot of new players in this game. Think of it like pyramid for geeks.

So, I've been attacking in batches of 10 and cashing all the goodies in at once like POC suggested. This is a batch I like to get. Mind you, I had 3 previous this morning that were completely lame...

Out of the 10 wins, I got 1 lame common (sold back), 1 lame UC (sold back), and 1 corroded Adamantine Great Sword (14) that I'm using and had to sell off a UC item to make room.

So, I spent 10 EP and came out with 11 EP and a groovy sword. :D

So, I've been attacking in batches of 10 and cashing all the goodies in at once like POC suggested. This is a batch I like to get. Mind you, I had 3 previous this morning that were completely lame...

Out of the 10 wins, I got 1 lame common (sold back), 1 lame UC (sold back), and 1 corroded Adamantine Great Sword (14) that I'm using and had to sell off a UC item to make room.

So, I spent 10 EP and came out with 11 EP and a groovy sword. :D

I've always kept at least one bank slot empty for reasons of mobility. How does it work if your bank is full and you get an item?

I've always kept at least one bank slot empty for reasons of mobility. How does it work if your bank is full and you get an item?

You can't. You can't claim prizes if you have 20 bank slots filled. So, I typically have 19/20 and then either reject the new item or go into my bank and see what I want to ditch to make room for it and get back to 19/20. You can't even move items back and forth from active to your bank if you have 20/20 'cause that would require putting 21 items in your bank if only for a second.

You can't. You can't claim prizes if you have 20 bank slots filled. So, I typically have 19/20 and then either reject the new item or go into my bank and see what I want to ditch to make room for it and get back to 19/20. You can't even move items back and forth from active to your bank if you have 20/20 'cause that would require putting 21 items in your bank if only for a second.

So you can stockpile prize codes, but not items. Cool, that's how I thought it worked.

So you can stockpile prize codes, but not items. Cool, that's how I thought it worked.

Yep, just keep ignoring the "you have unclaimed prize codes" deal and keep fighting. If you stick to 1.0 and 1.1 players, you shouldn't have any trouble taking them out despite 50% life. Today I finally lost to one. I suppose it was bound to happen since you're spotting them 150 life. None the less, that's like one out of at least 100 I've farmed this way.

Be careful, think about how disheartening it is to hit SP after SP. It's exponentially worse when it happens to you 10 times in quick succession, which it is bound to do from time to time.

Edited by detlef

Yep, just keep ignoring the "you have unclaimed prize codes" deal and keep fighting. If you stick to 1.0 and 1.1 players, you shouldn't have any trouble taking them out despite 50% life. Today I finally lost to one. I suppose it was bound to happen since you're spotting them 150 life. None the less, that's like one out of at least 100 I've farmed this way.

Be careful, think about how disheartening it is to hit SP after SP. It's exponentially worse when it happens to you 10 times in quick succession, which it is bound to do from time to time.

:D Warning me the prom date might not show up?