[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

*** Official Everwars Thread ***

Super Twinky

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it, but I'm getting my ass handed to me by people I used to beat pretty easily. All of my UC weapons are now common.

Tell me about it. I'm getting pummeled right now. I think I have to quit fighting at my rank because even the dudes just below me that I used to be able to beat rather handily are crushing me. Like guys I would beat with 40-50 left every time are beating me with 60-70 left.

A lot has to do with level and I am one of only 2-3 guys on page one who are below level 4. I'm also one of only two guys who are rated 1.0.

Well, I'm about to go on vacation so I'll likely drop way down, then I can work my way back up against people I can feast on.

Tell me about it. I'm getting pummeled right now. I think I have to quit fighting at my rank because even the dudes just below me that I used to be able to beat rather handily are crushing me. Like guys I would beat with 40-50 left every time are beating me with 60-70 left.

A lot has to do with level and I am one of only 2-3 guys on page one who are below level 4. I'm also one of only two guys who are rated 1.0.

Well, I'm about to go on vacation so I'll likely drop way down, then I can work my way back up against people I can feast on.

Yep, I'm on page 5 or 6 and am only level 2 with a 1.1 rating. I actually got a UR in my last fight, unfortunately it was a scroll so it is only good for one time per battle.

If anyone has the EPs and wants some mage armor, I'll be auctioning off some UC mage armor for the next few days.

Edit to add: Kevin L get off my ass, or I'm going to start betting up your wife and kid.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

24 Azazello13 attacks using Treated Pine Long Bow but MISSES 10

24 Tharg attacks using Tarnished Bronze Great Axe for 7 damage 3

24 Azazello13 attacks using Corroded Iron Battle Axe but MISSES 3

24 Tharg attacks using Tarnished Iron Bastard Sword but MISSES 3

17 Azazello13 attacks using Treated Oak Long Bow for 7 damage 3

17 Tharg attacks using Bronze Great Sword but MISSES 3

10 Azazello13 attacks using Pine Long Bow for 7 damage 3

3 Azazello13 attacks and achieves a CRITICAL hit using Treated Pine Short Bow for 7 damage 3

3 Tharg attacks using Corroded Iron War Axe for 4 damage 0

Az decided to give me a run for the money after the update.

Ughh, at #25 now but only 1.1 rating. Me and Det are gonna get it hard being low-rated humans in an elven world.

The worst part is my level is only 6% away from moving up to 4, then the bloodbath really begins.

I have a ton of high fire & mental spells plus a IX heal. Problem is no reg armor, everything is heavy. It would kill me to switch to a mage at this point.

Ughh, at #25 now but only 1.1 rating. Me and Det are gonna get it hard being low-rated humans in an elven world.

The worst part is my level is only 6% away from moving up to 4, then the bloodbath really begins.

I have a ton of high fire & mental spells plus a IX heal. Problem is no reg armor, everything is heavy. It would kill me to switch to a mage at this point.

You know, you can switch races now for only 1 EP

You know, you can switch races now for only 1 EP

i saw that option--which is a good deal, but with all heavy armor (all iron) and nothing but a couple hide chests in the bank, it would be like starting over. Right now, my majic is -18, so keeping the heavy during the change could be ugly. Im not sure what to do.

It ticks me off to hear all the mages saying how much URs they have :D

I had to buy the three i had and now they're all UCs... :D

Edited by Cunning Linguist

This Update totally fracked my whole strategy....

I was going to be either the 1st or 2nd to Lvl. 2. I've spent all my EP battling because I figured that I'd be able to make a ton of loot selling those Lvl. 2 items.

So now, here I am with average gear and no EP. Sure I've got a level or two on most of the first and second pagers, but it isn't that big of an advantage. I think I'm more dejected about this than the reset.

:D

I'm sticking with big guns and heavy armor. I've only been battling like 4-5 times per day to save up some EP. I need a couple of serious weapons upgrades before I can play in the top spots.

No way I'm paying $120 a year for that game, especially with all the bugs they still have to work out. WoW, AoE, RoN, etc... are all cheaper and a lot more fun to play. I may stick around and see if I can still be competitive playing for free in the hopes that they come to their senses and charge a nominal fee until they get the bugs worked out. Zeras is going to have to check his/her attitude at the door before I start paying much at all. The other issue, is there is no way in hell that I would pay if the are still offering recruiting bonuses. I'm not going to pay for something that I can't be competitive at without being a salesman for it. They jumped the gun big time here. My guess is if this has any real effect on the competitiveness of the free players, they are going to lose 90% of there players.

No way I'm paying $120 a year for that game, especially with all the bugs they still have to work out. WoW, AoE, RoN, etc... are all cheaper and a lot more fun to play. I may stick around and see if I can still be competitive playing for free in the hopes that they come to their senses and charge a nominal fee until they get the bugs worked out. Zeras is going to have to check his/her attitude at the door before I start paying much at all. The other issue, is there is no way in hell that I would pay if the are still offering recruiting bonuses. I'm not going to pay for something that I can't be competitive at without being a salesman for it. They jumped the gun big time here. My guess is if this has any real effect on the competitiveness of the free players, they are going to lose 90% of there players.

I kicked in one subscription just because I've put in a lot of time over there and they deserve something for their efforts. It remains to be seen whether I spend more over there though. I know that's a lot of cash to keep forking over on their part, but they should have waited to an official launch of a non-Beta site before posting the subscriptions IMO.

Edited by Kid Cid

I'm going to give it a shot for a while at the mid-range price. I've put alot of time into it so far and i hate to just drop it with my character where it is. But, if they keep changing things over and over it will start to wear thinner than it has already. The new ranking system and market are pretty cool so we'll see what happens.

Besides, its fun kicking the snot out of elves:

"Olaf the Damned attacks and achieves a CRITICAL hit using Pristine Iron War Axe for 39 damage"

Edited by Cunning Linguist

:D 120$ for zero graphics, zero strategy, zero community and for me zero fun. TBNT, I think I'll stick to games that have real development teams.

Saw you there! I've been clinging between 16-30 for a couple weeks somehow. It's tough up there with the big boys. Spells have become all the rage... I swear it'll be an Elven world soon...

it's even moreso now because you see so many powerful spells on the auction block for CHEAP. not the same with weapons. this dumb little game is flawed in a lot of ways, can't believe they're wanting to charge people for that crap now. the main problem is that everything is geared toward the guys who got in early at the top of the heap getting more and more dominant as time goes on. there is literally no way for someone like me to catch up.

Edited by Azazello1313

it's even moreso now because you see so many powerful spells on the auction block for CHEAP. not the same with weapons. this dumb little game is flawed in a lot of ways, can't believe they're wanting to charge people for that crap now. the main problem is that everything is geared toward the guys who got in early at the top of the heap getting more and more dominant as time goes on. there is literally no way for someone like me to catch up.

That's been mentioned sevreal times in the past. I'm not sure there's any way around it other than a complete wipe of everyone's character if/when they end the Beta.

That's been mentioned sevreal times in the past. I'm not sure there's any way around it other than a complete wipe of everyone's character if/when they end the Beta.

This is what is done in the industry. Of course 5 years of Beta is also a deviation from that norm. ;-)

well, it's just that every time they change something, the change only makes the established players more dominant. like the auction slots thing, where the higher level players get to list like 5 things at a time. of course, I never win anything worth auctioning anyway beating other level 2 guys on page 3 and down. meanwhile these higher level guys have like 5 rare items up for auction at a time, which of course they sell and turn around and buy a couple ultrarare items.