[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Paris Freed!... Released from jail since she was about to have a nervous breakdown

wiegie

Without this what else would they have to talk about on E! all day?

Yeah, they were running out of Anna-Nicole stories.

Edit: Sweet..... :D

Edited by nhoops

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta agree. Although funny, IMO it was a big fat waste of tax dollars putting that stupid ***** in prison. Most people would have gotten off with community service, house arrest and/or a few days in jail.

Not that I'm super read up on the case, but she was pulled over 5 times with her suspended license.

I heard it was because she wouldn't eat the food.

I never understood the resistance of her and other rich celebutards (Lohan, etc) going out and driving their own cars after a night of partying. Why don't they have a limo waiting, or get a ride with one of their buddies who is the designated driver?

You don't see Trump driving himself anywhere.

And don't even get me started on the clubs serving people they know are under aged.....

C'mon - you live out here: celebrities are cheap. That's, in part, why they have so much money. If they can't get into a club as a VIP, etc they go to one that will let them in.

I'm not saying it's right, but had she not been a celebrity, she wouldn't have been in this situation to begin with.

But because she is a celebrity and very rich, she has continually felt that she is above the law. While it may be a reality, being and celeb and rich should not give you the right to ignore laws that everyone else must obey.

Edited by TDFFFreak

:D

What could possibly matter more in a country like ours than what people think to be fair?

But everyone has a different opinion of what is fair.

What matters is:

Can you prove collusion?

If not, then you have to let it stand.

:D

What could possibly matter more in a country like ours than what people think to be fair?

So if I get busted for shoplifting, and get sentenced to 30 days in jail, I should just be set free as long as enough people think that its unfair? Yep. That's a good system. :tup:

What if we start increasing certain sentences too, because we think that they are not harsh enough. :D

So if I get busted for shoplifting, and get sentenced to 30 days in jail, I should just be set free as long as enough people think that its unfair? Yep. That's a good system. :tup:

What if we start increasing certain sentences too, because we think that they are not harsh enough. :D

Are you suggesting that the laws and the judicial system that applies them should be blind to what the people these laws represent think is fair and just?

Isn't that why the laws and judicial system are there in the first place? :D

Are you suggesting that the laws and the judicial system that applies them should be blind to what the people these laws represent think is fair and just?

No, I'm suggesting that we should all be treated equally. There's actually an entire constitutional amendment all about that (XIV).

No, I'm suggesting that we should all be treated equally. There's actually an entire constitutional amendment all about that (XIV).

And if the average sentence for this type of offense is 3 days (posted by someone earlier in this thread), then how is 45 days 'fair'?

I've never heard of a sentence like this for someone driving without a license. I have had several friends commit these offenses in quick succession, and not one received jail time.

And if the average sentence for this type of offense is 3 days (posted by someone earlier in this thread), then how is 45 days 'fair'?

I've never heard of a sentence like this for someone driving without a license. I have had several friends commit these offenses in quick succession, and not one received jail time.

It's fair because in going through a trial in the U.S. judicial system, she was handed this sentence. Presumably she had some decent legal representation (more so than I could certainly afford). When the sentence is handed down, and not changed upon appeal, then most other people in the U.S. actually have to serve that sentence.

I can guarantee you that if I were in her place, I would not have been allowed to leave the prison after serving only 3 days of a 23 day sentence. I would have to serve all 23 days. That's the issue.

It's fair because in going through a trial in the U.S. judicial system, she was handed this sentence. Presumably she had some decent legal representation (more so than I could certainly afford). When the sentence is handed down, and not changed upon appeal, then most other people in the U.S. actually have to serve that sentence.

I can guarantee you that if I were in her place, I would not have been allowed to leave the prison after serving only 3 days of a 23 day sentence. I would have to serve all 23 days. That's the issue.

Actually, interesting notes on this based on interviews I heard on the radio this AM regarding this.

Based on the overcrowding, etc., most people actually would be out after 2-3 days for this type of offense. The odd thing that made it clear that the judge wanted to make an example of PAris Hilton is that on his sentencing notes, he specifically wrote that under no circumstances should the Sherriff's department, who manages the county prison apparently, allow her out after the 10% something or another rule that most get to use. According to the interviews, these kinds of notes in this type of case are unheard of.

Sarah Silverman might be even more annoying than Paris Hilton.

I like her. She is very funny, and pretty hot (by female comedian standards)

Well that sends a great message....

YES!!!! :D But she has to live in her small 2700 sq. ft. house. :tup: Poor girl. I wonder if those ankle bracelets are water proof? :D I mean I wouldn't want to deny her a swim!