[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Culpepper all but gone

MikesVikes

One year contract...why not? It would be a good place for him to sit the year out and heal up.

I really don't see Houston signing him. I think he would be more trouble than he's worth. Houston's Schaub's team now, for better or for worse. If it doesn't work out, they'll worry about that in a year or two.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry is up on DUI, driving on a suspended license, supplying booze to a minor & assault & battery? (not sure about the last one)

Vick, while already tried, found guilty & sentenced to being hung, drawn & quart-ed in the Court of Popular Opinion on the evidence of sensationalized media reports, has so far only been guilty of giving the one fingered salute to some heckling fans.

Of course he did have to pay off a gold digger who claimed he gave her Herpes, but once she got her pay day, she went away. I guess it's the old saying, "Money talks, BS walks" applies.

Moss was found guilty of Assault & Battery back in High School (him & some of his thug buddies stomped the living snot out of a kid), kicked off a Major College Program for smokin' dope, mooning fans, using a Traffic Cop for a hood ornament & quitting on two different teams now.

To me, Moss is not a misunderstood athlete. He's a poster child for being a scumbag punk thug, just as much as Henry is.

But that's just me. Others may see Moss differently. :D

Randy Moss a scumbag? Hardly. His high school days are over and he has grown from that. Many athletes and people would take back some things they did in high school and before, including myself.

Kicked off a major college program for smoking dope? That is the stupidest thing to slight him on and you know it. How many people get caught for Josh Gordon? And this broke his probation sadly, and was totally blown out of proportion. To hold that against him and include that for reasons to call him a scumbag is low of you.

Mooning fans? Ok, so everyone who celebrates in the NFL deserves the label of scumbags. In fact, let's call the Green Bay fans who mooned him every time he came to Green Bay. Right.

The traffic cop ordeal? That ordeal has been disputed by eyewitnesses and he paid fines for a minor traffic violation and had to do some community service.

Almost all the coaches love coaching him and no teammate has ever talked poorly about him. Moss goes about his way and does his thing. The quote where he said he plays when he wants to play? That was totally misquoted as the question asked to him was along the lines of "How do you motivate yourself?" Jerry Rice even said what Randy Moss said wasn't that bad and inaccurate.

He is quite possibly one of the most misunderstood and mislabeled athetes in my generation at least. I just don't get it and I am rooting hard for him to do very well in New England. To put him in the same sentence as Henry or Vick, people who act like punks day in and day out and have gotten in trouble multiple times during their professional careers and with more serious offenses, does injustice to Randy Moss.

Here is a great article I read about Randy the other day, written a while ago:

Link

Edited by Goopster24

Randy Moss a scumbag? Hardly. His high school days are over and he has grown from that. Many athletes and people would take back some things they did in high school and before, including myself.

Kicked off a major college program for smoking dope? That is the stupidest thing to slight him on and you know it. How many people get caught for Josh Gordon? And this broke his probation sadly, and was totally blown out of proportion. To hold that against him and include that for reasons to call him a scumbag is low of you.

Mooning fans? Ok, so everyone who celebrates in the NFL deserves the label of scumbags. In fact, let's call the Green Bay fans who mooned him every time he came to Green Bay. Right.

The traffic cop ordeal? That ordeal has been disputed by eyewitnesses and he paid fines for a minor traffic violation and had to do some community service.

Almost all the coaches love coaching him and no teammate has ever talked poorly about him. Moss goes about his way and does his thing. The quote where he said he plays when he wants to play? That was totally misquoted as the question asked to him was along the lines of "How do you motivate yourself?" Jerry Rice even said what Randy Moss said wasn't that bad and inaccurate.

He is quite possibly one of the most misunderstood and mislabeled athetes in my generation at least. I just don't get it and I am rooting hard for him to do very well in New England. To put him in the same sentence as Henry or Vick, people who act like punks day in and day out and have gotten in trouble multiple times during their professional careers and with more serious offenses, does injustice to Randy Moss.

Link

Hey you like Moss & think he's cool, that's fine & you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

Me?

I'm not going to excuse him for kicking another person while they were down so badly, that they ended up in hospital. If my seventeen year old son did something like that, the authorities would be the least of his worries. BTW, that stomping was racially motivated. Moss plays the race card a lot as an excuse.

I'm not forgetting the Domestic Battery charge against the mother of his two children.

I'm not forgetting the TWO major College scholarships he lost. Guess they just misunderstood him.

I'm not forgetting the Josh Gordon found in his car when he gave the traffic cop a free ride (by the way, the only dispute from eyewitnesses to that incident, was the distance he carried the traffic cop).

I'm not forgetting that just last year, Moss came right out & said he STILL smokes Josh Gordon. He can privately smoke it up Cheech & Chong style for all I care, but for goodness sake, don't be a complete turd & blatantly flaunt your illegal drug use.

I'm not forgetting him quitting on his teammates & walking off the field before a game was over in Minn.

I'm not forgetting the water bottle Ref squirting incident.

I'm not forgetting him quitting on his teammates in Oakland & point blank saying "If they don't care, why should I?"

Did you see Ronald Curry quit playing, Warren Sapp etc...etc...etc? No, you didn't. Just Moss.

I'm not forgetting all the negative innuendos from his Coaches & teammates.

I'm not forgetting him dropping his pants, showing his azz to the fans & then rubbing his azz on the Goal Posts. You can excuse it if you want, but then you've got to excuse Vick giving the Dirty Bird to some heckling fans. As for me? I think they both exhibited classless behavior.

Because of the trouble he's gotten into multiple times during his professional career, College days & High School days, I think Moss is a scumbag thug little racist punk who fits like a tailored glove with the Henry's & Vick's of the world.

But again, that's just my opinion. :D

Link

Misunderstood? Definetly.

Some good points here along with a very small dosage of rationalization. Bonus points awarded from this not coming from a Patriot fan. :D

Edited by MikesVikes

Hey you like Moss & think he's cool, that's fine & you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

Me?

I'm not going to excuse him for kicking another person while they were down so badly, that they ended up in hospital. If my seventeen year old son did something like that, the authorities would be the least of his worries. BTW, that stomping was racially motivated. Moss plays the race card a lot as an excuse.

I'm not forgetting the Domestic Battery charge against the mother of his two children.

I'm not forgetting the TWO major College scholarships he lost. Guess they just misunderstood him.

I'm not forgetting the Josh Gordon found in his car when he gave the traffic cop a free ride (by the way, the only dispute from eyewitnesses to that incident, was the distance he carried the traffic cop).

I'm not forgetting that just last year, Moss came right out & said he STILL smokes Josh Gordon. He can privately smoke it up Cheech & Chong style for all I care, but for goodness sake, don't be a complete turd & blatantly flaunt your illegal drug use.

I'm not forgetting him quitting on his teammates & walking off the field before a game was over in Minn.

I'm not forgetting the water bottle Ref squirting incident.

I'm not forgetting him quitting on his teammates in Oakland & point blank saying "If they don't care, why should I?"

Did you see Ronald Curry quit playing, Warren Sapp etc...etc...etc? No, you didn't. Just Moss.

I'm not forgetting all the negative innuendos from his Coaches & teammates.

I'm not forgetting him dropping his pants, showing his azz to the fans & then rubbing his azz on the Goal Posts. You can excuse it if you want, but then you've got to excuse Vick giving the Dirty Bird to some heckling fans. As for me? I think they both exhibited classless behavior.

Because of the trouble he's gotten into multiple times during his professional career, College days & High School days, I think Moss is a scumbag thug little racist punk who fits like a tailored glove with the Henry's & Vick's of the world.

But again, that's just my opinion. :D

We will agree to disagree, it is as simple as that. Your view is the view that many fans and media have of him, which I think is the wrong view to have of him. The media has thrown him under the bus every time they can. There are athletes in this league that have done much more than Moss. And no coach that has had Randy Moss has ever really called him out. You can use that offensive coordinator from the Raiders but I don't buy that for a second. I will root hard for him this year to succeed. That's just me. :D

Edited by Goopster24

We will agree to disagree, it is as simple as that.

:D

Your view is the view that many fans and media have of him, which I think is the wrong view to have of him. The media has thrown him under the bus every time they can. There are athletes in this league that have done much more than Moss. And no coach that has had Randy Moss has ever really called him out. You can use that offensive coordinator from the Raiders but I don't buy that for a second. I will root hard for him this year to succeed. That's just me. :D

Hey, I definitely respect his abilities & I'm not saying a lepoard can't change his spots.

As much as I have a low opinion of him right now (and my opinion is based on the specific facts of what he's actually done, as opposed to any media sensationalization), I am pulling for him to have a good year both in life & football.

As much as I have a low opinion of him right now (and my opinion is based on the specific facts of what he's actually done, as opposed to any media sensationalization), I am pulling for him to have a good year both in life & football.

I respect and applaud you for that because many people would just be like "go F off."

Exactly!

Hard to see how employing someone like that could motivate someone like Moss. When the organization basically runs up the white flag in the pre-season, how many times is a WR expected to risk life and limb going over the middle?

Hard to see how employing someone like that could motivate someone like Moss. When the organization basically runs up the white flag in the pre-season, how many times is a WR expected to risk life and limb going over the middle?

Very true, and once again Jerry Rice has said that he didn't have a problem with what Moss said about "playing when he wants." It was misquoted also in the fact that the question asked to him prior was about how he motivates himself.

I think people are being ignorant if they believe top level athletes on bad teams give 110% on each play.

Edited by Goopster24

I could see your point if every other player on the Raiders had quit like Moss did. But that's just not the case.

The rest of the Raiders played as professionals & you had guys like Ronald Curry putting forth 110% effort going over the middle, or going deep, it didn't matter to him.

Only Moss put on his Prima Dona outfit.

I could see your point if every other player on the Raiders had quit like Moss did. But that's just not the case.

The rest of the Raiders played as professionals & you had guys like Ronald Curry putting forth 110% effort going over the middle, or going deep, it didn't matter to him.

Only Moss put on his Prima Dona outfit.

I’m not sure if I can totally agree with that. Take your place of business for example. If management gives up, how does that make you feel? Forget the other people who work there, it isn’t very fulfilling that people above you have quit. You want to go somewhere where you know you can make a difference and want to succeed overall too.

I’m not sure if I can totally agree with that. Take your place of business for example. If management gives up, how does that make you feel? Forget the other people who work there, it isn’t very fulfilling that people above you have quit. You want to go somewhere where you know you can make a difference and want to succeed overall too.

Fact of the matter is, this is not Walmart, or Verizon or some other company that we're talking about.

We're discussing the NFL & a cadre of highly skilled professionals who are paid to put on a show, regardless of what management does, or does not do. If it was just Oakland where we saw Moss quit, you might have a small point. But he did the same in Minn, albeit to a lesser extent.

Corey Dillion performed magnificently for a VERY bad small market organization for years. Yes he grumbled, but week in, week out he put on the pads and gave it his all.

How about Barry Sanders? Spent his whole career in one of the most dysfunctional organizations imaginable. Did you ever see a season where Barry Sanders mailed it in like Moss did?

Steve Bartkowski was an excellent QB who had his career ruined by the Falcons. Jed & Jethro Clampett (Rankin Smith Sr & Jr) couldn't manage a flea on a dogs rear end and just flat out failed to get Bartkowski any line protection. Guy had both knees ruined & this before arthroscopic surgery and ACL MCL reconstructive advancements. Yet every week you'd see Steve strap on those great big bulky metal knee braces & trot out every Sunday giving it everything he had.

Do you see the difference between Moss on a crappy team & how he acts, compared to other NFL players on crappy teams & how they carried themselves?

One acted like a little punk azz Prima Donna beotch.

The others acted as Professionals, in every sense of the word.

That's how I see it anyway.

Fact of the matter is, this is not Walmart, or Verizon or some other company that we're talking about.

We're discussing the NFL & a cadre of highly skilled professionals who are paid to put on a show, regardless of what management does, or does not do. If it was just Oakland where we saw Moss quit, you might have a small point. But he did the same in Minn, albeit to a lesser extent.

Corey Dillion performed magnificently for a VERY bad small market organization for years. Yes he grumbled, but week in, week out he put on the pads and gave it his all.

How about Barry Sanders? Spent his whole career in one of the most dysfunctional organizations imaginable. Did you ever see a season where Barry Sanders mailed it in like Moss did?

Steve Bartkowski was an excellent QB who had his career ruined by the Falcons. Jed & Jethro Clampett (Rankin Smith Sr & Jr) couldn't manage a flea on a dogs rear end and just flat out failed to get Bartkowski any line protection. Guy had both knees ruined & this before arthroscopic surgery and ACL MCL reconstructive advancements. Yet every week you'd see Steve strap on those great big bulky metal knee braces & trot out every Sunday giving it everything he had.

Do you see the difference between Moss on a crappy team & how he acts, compared to other NFL players on crappy teams & how they carried themselves?

One acted like a little punk azz Prima Donna beotch.

The others acted as Professionals, in every sense of the word.

That's how I see it anyway.

I understand what you are saying but when did Randy Moss ever really act like a "punk azz Prima Donna beotch" in this situation? He said one thing really. And he was hurt. And he had a horrible coaching staff. His actions, or lack off, IMO, don't warrant the label "punk azz Prima Donna beotch."

And to add, it is not realistic to expect every athlete to act like those examples. You are saying that there was never a play these guys didn't give the 110% that everyone expects them to?

Edited by Goopster24