[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My old soldier went home today

polksalet

My cool words disguise my grieving, brokenhearted exterior.

I never knew my grandparents, and to have your memories is something truly special. Focus on those fond memories, and know they will always be with you. Sorry for your loss.

:D Polk sorry for your loss..Its been a rough few months for you and your family . Thank God your daughter is doing great and may your Pop rest in peace.

Sorry for your loss Polk...just remember to always live by his example, that's the best way you can honor him. I try to do the same for my Grandpa who passed many years ago, but whom I had very similar feelings for.

Many of you remember the thread about my grandpa's retirement last summer. I cannot find it but here is the article http://www.nashvillenews.org/index.php/com...ocery_business/. Other than my wife and that idiot "Rams Fan" he was my closest pal. He helped me through the normal problems of childhood and then my parent's divorce when I was 12. He helped me through college and was a better grandpa than anyone has ever deserved.

He checked out on us today after a 2 month battle with pancreatic cancer. He never lied to me nor treated less than wonderfully. I have no regrets as our relationship was totally open. I know he is better off and is no longer in pain. Heck, when he found out he was dying he got all excited as he was tired of this world.

Goodbye my friend, my Grandad. I love you and will see you soon.

:D:D:tup::doh::D:D:clap:

I feel your pain brother. My grandfather passed away 5 years ago. My number one goal in life is to try to be as decent a person as he was. I keep his picture on my bedroom mirror. See it every morning. When I have a decision in life to make, I try to make it like he would have. It has worked so far. My deepest condolences.

Damn! You've been on an emotional roller coaster! I'm very sad you have to go through the grief of losing someone so special. :D

Polks, you'll do him the honor of being the same kind of grandpa someday. Rest in peace, grandpa.

Well said.

Condolences to you and your family Polk.