[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Breaking News [Paris ordered back to jail]

cliaz

I always thought (possibly naively) that part of the judge's job was to try to get people to change their law-breaking ways.

Sometimes that is done by showing mercy in the case of the truly repentant. Sometimes that's done by being a total PIA in the case of those who disrespect the law and the rest of society.

Given what is known of PH and what is known of this judge, I'll give the benefit of the doubt to the judge. Its the safer bet.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem with her getting harsher punishment because she showed a lack of respect to the court and/or didn't take her suspension seriously. But, it's obvious that a lot of this is a PR move and she is getting stiffed (:D) because she is viewed as a spoiled rich brat. That isn't what our justice system is supposed to be about.

On one the other hand, it is kind of funny to see this happen to her.

+1. She goes to court acting like she is on the red carpet. Her mom cusses out the judge and today she asked if she could do a teleconference instead of actually showing up in court. Fok her, she deserves what she is getting.

are you suggesting a judge/sheriff should consider how posh someone's digs are when imposing sentence?

I was merely responding to the people who were arguing for equal justice. Is house-arrest at the Hilton home equal to house-arrest at the average American home?

I was merely responding to the people who were arguing for equal justice. Is house-arrest at the Hilton home equal to house-arrest at the average American home?

It's not the comfort level of the house that's important: it's being stripped of the freedom to leave it. In that regard alone, the punishment is identical for all.

It's not the comfort level of the house that's important: it's being stripped of the freedom to leave it. In that regard alone, the punishment is identical for all.

I am then going to argue that this "punishment" is inherently unjust.

No Way, she's considers herself to be above the law here-she desreves nothing but what she has been sentenced. She chose to ignore her probation because she considers herself..above that..she fugged up and it's time to pay the piper-period.

+1

Repeat offender many times over. If an example must be made of her, so be it. A small exchange for her very privledged-filled life.

The biggest tragedy in all of this was that she was having a party at her house tonight and maybe she couldn't uninvite everyone in time.

Can a homeless person be sentenced to house-arrest? (I am asking this seriously.)

Can a homeless person be sentenced to house-arrest? (I am asking this seriously.)

I've seen someone sentenced to probation who had no home. When his probation officer wanted his address, he said he didn't have one because he is homeless and then his probation officer violated his probation and he went back to jail. Even though everyone involved knew he was homeless.

Maybe they could have just put the homeless guys transponder at the front door of the jail so they know he's always be within 400 feet.... or under the bridge of his choosing... wait a minute - if you give home incarceration to a homeless person, does that mean he can never stop moving around :D ?

Hummmm, I don't know. But do you know the best part of dating a homeless woman is?

When the date is over you can drop her off anywhere :D

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy