[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

best free league with instant scoring updates?

• 2 weeks later...

NFL.com offers free stat updates immediately, yahoo.com does not. Other than that, I like Yahoo's site much better.

I used AOL's commissioner. It was free and had free stat updates. The software seemed to be a clone of Fanball.

I didn't go with Yahoo because they didn't handle waivers on a certain night (i.e., no transactions from game time through Tuesday night, waivers processed on Tuesday night). Do they offer this now?

Anyone try ESPN's free commissioner?

Grits also referred to as Blitz for one, doesn't like dumb questions and will openly ridicule you for them. When you return fire insulting him, he will immediately put you on his ignore list. He has no use for newbs as well as some others.

On the other hand, many of us feel that this kind of hateful attitude has no place here, and Grits was way out of line last year for dictating to others what they could and could not post. People were posting "rate my team" messages and he would reply something inane like "10093998473.933272" to EVERY one. Someone called him on it, and he went on a diatribe about how useless RMT threads were, then when someone would disagree he would make a show of adding them to his ignore list. I for one was happy to be on his ignore list, and annoyed when he later responded to one of my posts.

And meanwhile, plenty of helpful, interested users were participating in those RMT threads, so the obvious takeaway was, if it bothers you so much, just don't read those threads.

Bronco Billy had good advice on the tone and unwritten rules around here. Good stuff.

There is a wealth of collective knowledge here, and the more you read, the more addicted you will become, and speaking from experience, the better you will do at FF.

:D Very true. People do hold grudges around here and buddying up with me is just not a good idea. He would be finished before he even started here. :D

You are just a typical Cowboy fan. :tup:

If you want free league managers for a private custom league your choices are FoxSports (miserable), ESPN (average), AOL (average), Yahoo (good), Fleaflicker (good).

I've used them all in the past (4 years at Yahoo). I tried out Fleaflicker last season and I've been impressed. It's relatively new but it's improved a lot, even in one year. I believe Yahoo is the only one of those that makes you pay for live scoring.

If you want free league managers for a private custom league your choices are FoxSports (miserable), ESPN (average), AOL (average), Yahoo (good), Fleaflicker (good).

I've used them all in the past (4 years at Yahoo). I tried out Fleaflicker last season and I've been impressed. It's relatively new but it's improved a lot, even in one year. I believe Yahoo is the only one of those that makes you pay for live scoring.

Does Yahoo allow for customizeable waivers (i.e. locked from gametime until Tuesday night waivers, free for all from Wednesday to gametime)? What about Fleaflicker?

I like Yahoo's interface but went with AOL because of this requirement.

FleaFlicker.com

I run a private league there. Highly customized. Live scoring. My favorite thing is that everything is counted.

For example on Yahoo if you have 1 pt/20 yards and a WR gets 79 yards he'll then get 3pts missing out on 1 whole point due to 1 measly yard.

On fleaflicker he would get 3.9 pts or something like that.

Free Leagues generally stink as mentioned previously but if you get on forums like this one and post a lot you could recruit some good comp for your Free league like I did last year. My Free Redraft league from last year was voted to be a Keeper league this season. So it can work.

My local uses the EA Sports site, which comes free with every purchase of Madden. The live scoring works fine, and it allows for smack talk as well with a home page.

Not free, but I'd be willing to bet that one of your owners will buy Madden this summer.

I use CBS for my 3 leagues... It's a bit prices at 129 or so but it lets you do about everything.. We've had one league on there for 7 years, I think and it keeps the standings and stuff of past years, which is cool.. They were a bit off last year and gave us 50% off this year...

You can customize it just about anyway you want...