[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick is all done

Crazysight

I talked to my Bro Law who is a lawyer earlier today and he said for the Feds to just pull rank like that and call the locals after they were basically at the gates and on the property with a federal search warrant and not even make it a joint operation sniffs of some fishy stuff within Surry county. So, basically, they do not trust the local law enforcement on this case. They know something we don't yet..and being the Feds..we may never know.

Just reading the public comments of that Poindexter guy made me think that he was in with Vick. They investigated nothing.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read some good comments on here (Menudo, PD, jjpro) and some seriously wacked out ones backing this tremendously terrible horrid person...

I truthfully hope that the people that are too blind to accept Vick's role in this stop frequenting this board, because this is not even a debatable thing. I would not want to even convert anyone from a Vick-backer to Vick-hater on this. If you support this guy, or honestly do not believe he had any role in this, I really hope to never see you again.

This is the lowest of the low. The worst of the worse. Whether he ran the show and had his own dogs fighting while he threw massive amounts of money around betting, or just let his cousin use his house, he deserves to a) never play another NFL game for the rest of his pitiful life (he certainly doesn't deserve a long one at that) and B) jail time with the worst criminals this country has ever seen.

I am sad for ATL fans, and Vick supporters who have been misled by this guy. And I was NEVER a Vick hater...but I can't think of anyone I hate more right now...

I'm not on a soap box, I'm genuinely upset by this low-life and some of the comments on this board by people who are too macho to admit they've been duped.

Some of you guys must be serious dog-lovers (insert spain joke here). I mean, what he did is bad, and a crime, but I can think of much worse things than dog fighting . . . :D

i can too, but this goes alot deeper than simply fighting dogs.

this is a form of torture. To get these dogs mean enough to fight at the level of a dog-fighter IS torture in itself. To have them fight to the point of death is torture.

And How many of those dogs were probably not dead, but were now useless due to an eyeball being bitten out? or their scrotum being torn or throat being HALFWAY ripped out?

and most importantly...

How many children idolize NFL players and Vick especially? How many times has a child said "i wish I end up JUST LIKE HIM"?

edit: and I am no more of a dog or animal lover than "usual". I hunt, I fish. I hate PITA...I'm not really fond of cats...I like non-annoying dogs. This is beyond that. This is about people, children and moral responsibilities of people who are constantly in the eye of the public. Role models and those are FILTHY RICH...

Edited by LooGie

Some of you guys must be serious dog-lovers (insert spain joke here). I mean, what he did is bad, and a crime, but I can think of much worse things than dog fighting . . . :D

Yeah, murderers, pedophiles and meth dealers are worse. Dogfighting is just plain sick. Psychopaths.

Agreed....and I'm a dog lover. There are worse things.

BUT.....aren't most murderers and serial killers animal torturers first? It's a VERY high percentage.

If a person can "get off" on watching dogs fight to the death and have no qualms about killing dogs that are irrepairable after these fights.....how easy would it be for them to hold a gun to someone and shoot? Or torture just for the fun of it?

I don't think this is a giant leap in thought. People who desensitize themselves to violence and killing on any level are psychologically dangerous and will probably prove to be a physical threat to the general population at some point, imo.

FYI: If this was Roethlisburger.....the biggest difference is that Rooney would have personally hired Two Men and a Truck and shuttled his ass out of town. :D

There is a sub-culture of dog-fighting in the US and in the world for that matter and if Vick was raised in it, then he would not view it as immoral (obviously). It is true that many people who would enact cruelty onto an animal often end up being violent with people but dog fighting is not exactly like that since it is dog on dog. Don't misunderstand me - I am a dog lover and it is reprehensible that people fight dogs and very rightfully illegal. The pit bull is actually a great dog (think petey in the little rascals) but too many people breed the wrong thing into those dogs.

I hope that they lower the boom on Vick and his associates if they are found guilty of dog fighting to the extent the law allows. My mother was actually the President of the county Humane Society when I was growing up. But there is a difference between being cruel and torturing an animal personally and those who like blood sports like dog fighting or cock fighting. For the majority of the country who never saw or heard of a dog or cock fight or lived where there were people so engaged, it may seem a logical jump to say these people are soon to be murderers, etc. but that is not accurate. They are scum in my book and it is a barbaric, pointless activity, but they not serial killers in the making either. Just trying to clarify perhaps a seemingly logical conclusion.

There is a sub-culture of dog-fighting in the US and in the world for that matter and if Vick was raised in it, then he would not view it as immoral (obviously). It is true that many people who would enact cruelty onto an animal often end up being violent with people but dog fighting is not exactly like that since it is dog on dog. Don't misunderstand me - I am a dog lover and it is reprehensible that people fight dogs and very rightfully illegal. The pit bull is actually a great dog (think petey in the little rascals) but too many people breed the wrong thing into those dogs.

I hope that they lower the boom on Vick and his associates if they are found guilty of dog fighting to the extent the law allows. My mother was actually the President of the county Humane Society when I was growing up. But there is a difference between being cruel and torturing an animal personally and those who like blood sports like dog fighting or cock fighting. For the majority of the country who never saw or heard of a dog or cock fight or lived where there were people so engaged, it may seem a logical jump to say these people are soon to be murderers, etc. but that is not accurate. They are scum in my book and it is a barbaric, pointless activity, but they not serial killers in the making either. Just trying to clarify perhaps a seemingly logical conclusion.

i completely agree with this. I've never tortured an animal, and I dont believe watching a dog fight and enjoying it would desensitize me to the point of being able to murder someone or even hurt someone for my own personal gain (physical or otherwise). I dont believe it would make me a bad person to be interested in this.

My problem is with watching (at the very VERY VERY minimum) 37 dogs die or be "put down" due to your own enjoyment. He obviously didn't need the money. It was OBVIOUSLY about the "action" and the "get off" factor of it. When the dust settles and the audience leaves, and you're left with several bloody, dead and/or dying dogs on your property that need to be disposed of in a manner that OBVIOUSLY hides your involvement in said actions, ther's something wrong.

When you are a role model/celebrity at a local and NATIONAL level of the highest caliber, you need to hold yourself to much higher standards. Does this mean preach on sundays? no. Does this mean donate all your money? no.

Does this mean removing yourself from torturing a living, breathing creature and hiding it?

What did the Falcons get for Matt Schaub again :D

Probably wasn't enough.

it wasn't enough anyway. I've said it before and I'll say it until Vick is officially gone...

As a Panther fan, I couldn't hope for a better QB at the helm of a division rival...although Joey is CLOOOOOOOOOOOSE second....

that poindexter guy should be fired immediately. he showed everyone where his priorities were from this case.. he did all he could to drag his feet and defend the hometown hero so he could get reelected by the locals. that just shows me and that he puts himself first and the people he is supposed to be helping second. all of his decisions should be viewed upon as how they will help him first and the people second. what a joke. to top it all off he used the race card.

Guilty or not it is a shame that Vick keeps putting himself in bad situations. It is really a sad that someone that seems to have it all in the palm of his hand continues to stir up all sorts of controversy.

Much like the football when it's in the palm of his hand...misdirected.

I think he made some good plays last year. Schaub is a bum.

:D

You have got to be kidding me. I love Joey Harrington because of his college days but Matt Schaub looked better than Vick on that team. Joey Harrington has a lot to prove, and so does Matt Schaub, but he has looked better.

I think the cousin is going to end up taking the heat alone for this. Unless they find some smoking gun that incriminates Vick without a doubt, the cousin is going to give a vanilla confession, and take whatever sentence Vick's high $$ lawyers get reduced to him. Then it's on to a full retirement courtesy of cousin Mikey.

Vick's not going to admit to a dam thing, and his cousin's not going to roll. He won't do more than a few years if found guilty, and he's not going to spoil his meal ticket for the future. Anyone really think he's going to care if he has a felony record going forward?

I think the cousin is going to end up taking the heat alone for this. Unless they find some smoking gun that incriminates Vick without a doubt, the cousin is going to give a vanilla confession, and take whatever sentence Vick's high $$ lawyers get reduced to him. Then it's on to a full retirement courtesy of cousin Mikey.

Vick's not going to admit to a dam thing, and his cousin's not going to roll. He won't do more than a few years if found guilty, and he's not going to spoil his meal ticket for the future. Anyone really think he's going to care if he has a felony record going forward?

Yahtzee. Cousin has said "it is all his fault". But it was his property. Vick may now have some legal troubles, but no real reason for a Goodell suspension.