[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick is all done

Crazysight

Believe it or not, Kordell Stewart had 2 seasons where he finished in the top 3 in the league MVP voting (1997 & 2001)..... I don't think Vick has even reached Kordell levels.

In 1997, Kordell had 3020 yards passing, 21 passing TD's, 476 yards rushing, 11 passing TD's

In 2001, Kordell had 3109 yards passing, 14 passing TD's, 537 yards rushing, 5 passing TD's

Vick has never thrown for 3000 yards and the most total TD's he ever had was 22, 10 less than Kordell's 32 in 1997. Therefore, Kordell Stewart has a right to be angered by being compared to Michael Vick. :D

I was going to post the same thing. Ron Mexico can't carry Slash's jockstrap.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

I just don't get it. Even if people want to play the wait and see approach on this incident, there are still many other examples that show this guy as the POS he is. How anyone could support him at this point is beyond me.

I'm not supporting I would say there is a hugh difference in being a standard POS and being a dog fighting financier. Until that's proven, he is a simple POS.

I'm not supporting I would say there is a hugh difference in being a standard POS and being a dog fighting financier. Until that's proven, he is a simple POS.

So in your mind, OJ Simpson is just a standard POS?

Edited by Bronco Billy

So in your mind, OJ Simpson is just a standard POS?

No. I didn't say that. I never tied that to a conviction.

I did agree with the verdict: you cannot have tampered evidence admitted into any trial and achieve a conviction.

But there you go again, trying to put words into someone's mouth. :D

No. I didn't say that. I never tied that to a conviction.

I did agree with the verdict: you cannot have tampered evidence admitted into any trial and achieve a conviction.

But there you go again, trying to put words into someone's mouth. :D

I didn't try to put words in anyone's mouth. I asked you a simple question based upon a statement that you made earlier. You stated that Vick can't be considered anything other than a standard POS until it is proven otherwise. I applied your criteria to the OJ Simpson situation and formulated the question, since it was not proven beyond a reaonable doubt that he committed murder.

It's a simple chain of logic. Why so defensive?

Believe it or not, Kordell Stewart had 2 seasons where he finished in the top 3 in the league MVP voting (1997 & 2001)..... I don't think Vick has even reached Kordell levels.

In 1997, Kordell had 3020 yards passing, 21 passing TD's, 476 yards rushing, 11 passing TD's

In 2001, Kordell had 3109 yards passing, 14 passing TD's, 537 yards rushing, 5 passing TD's

Vick has never thrown for 3000 yards and the most total TD's he ever had was 22, 10 less than Kordell's 32 in 1997. Therefore, Kordell Stewart has a right to be angered by being compared to Michael Vick. :D

I am far from a Michael Vick fan as many have probably noticed.

That being said IMO Vick has been twice the QB that Stewart was.

That's about as bad as I've seen a word butchered here - and there have been some bad instances.

It's beaucoup, PD.

Well, I'm a sponge for knowledge....and I learned something today. Now, I hope they bury the dirtbag.

So Poindexter was in the process of executing a correctly worded warrant, at least according to his statements. I'm more than a little shocked at the extremely lengthy amount of time this went on. It does not take days or weeks to write a properly worded warrant. One also does not allow evanescent evidence to be under the control of the suspect while one seeks such a warrant. Yes one crosses ones "t's" and dots ones "i's", but not to the extent of allowing evidence to disappear. One relies on one's best efforts, the imprimatuer of the court who authorizes the warrant, and the officers good faith in executing the same to both secure the evidence and to give one a solid legal argument if an exclusionary hearing arises.

As to what was siezed under the first warrant I have concerns. The first warrant did not authorize the police to look for evidence of dog fighting. When they saw animals in distress they were not required to ignore that. They were free to secure those animals, but then their obligation was to go no further in their search in that regard. They could complete their search for matters related to drug dealing or manufacturing, but then they needed to leave, secure the premises, and seek another warrant related to their then existing probable cause to believe that a separate illegal activity was taking place on the property. I have real concerns that the tread mills, carpets, and other items will get excluded.

As for arguing the semantics of calling an item a rape stand verses a breeding stand I take this as what it is, an off point argument meant to distract. A rose by any other name springs to mind. So does you say potato I say you're a dumb ass.

As to what their forensic people were prepared to look for I know our crime lab people go out with fully equiped trucks. I also know that they are instructed to limit themselves to the scope of the warrant before going in, though obviously they take caution to not contaminate other potential evidence. In a drug raid absent allegations that violent crime took place this means that collecting and testing for blood would exceed the scope of the initial warrant. My guys would have, in accord with their training, secured the premises and sought a new warrant before proceeding.

As for my bona fides as a prosecutor you have no real idea. Your analysis of this matter thus far does, however, give me an idea as to your bona fides.

Lastly when it conmes to throwing a fellow prosecutor under the bus I agree I may have knocked Poindexter there in my rush to save the prosecutors he threw under the bus by suggesting racial animus in their pursuit of the truth. I have no trouble damaging the rep of someone who struck the first such blow. Poindexter's behavior in this matter has been nothing short of outrageous and I will not stand in solidarity with him. If you choose to do so that is your choice.

Point. Counter-Point. Jane (Big Score1), you ignorant slut.

Good job, DW!

Even a Professor of law (you know, the person who taught you what you know about the law) says it seems strange for the Feds to sweep in like this & then not share information.

You know the old saying: Those who can do. Those who can't teach.

I am far from a Michael Vick fan as many have probably noticed.

That being said IMO Vick has been twice the QB that Stewart was.

If Vick has never approached Stewart's stats (as Meneudo has clearly illustrated) and if Vick has never led his team to a Superbowl appearance, why would you say that Vick "has been twice the QB" that Stewart was? Based on what -- if not stats or winning? :D

If Vick has never approached Stewart's stats (as Meneudo has clearly illustrated) and if Vick has never led his team to a Superbowl appearance, why would you say that Vick "has been twice the QB" that Stewart was? Based on what -- if not stats or winning? :D

He was less than stellar in the playoffs... :D

Before I write this...I must say I cannot believe I am gonna write a post sticking up for Vick...but here goes....

1st we got to start off with defenses. Kordell was on a much better defensive team that put their offense in great shape on the field and never put the pressure on kordell that Vick has faced in atlanta. Vick on the otherhand has been with mostly a average defense. then you got to talk offensive lines. I am sure Menudo himself will tell you that Kordell had the much better line for a QB to be behind.

When you talk wins in NFL games Vick and Kordells winning percentages are very very close despite the fact that Pittsburgh and Kordell had some excellent teams.matter of fact I would just about bet that Vick has a better W/L % in NFL starts than Kordell.I only covered both players teams when they the QB played 10 games for their respective teams and when doing that Vick has won at a 55% clip while Kordell 59% clip.but Vick had a winning record in the 2 seasons he played under 10 games and Almost all of stewerts starts in years he played less than 10 games his teams had losing seasons.

Then you throw in that Vicks TD to TO rate is at 64% and Kordells is 58%.then you throw in the fact that Vick averages 1.2 TD's per game for career while Kordell averages .9 per game. I just don't see how you can say anyone proved that Kordell was better statwise unless you are just looking at overall totals at this point.

So when you wrote this"(as Meneudo has clearly illustrated) " and this "Based on what -- if not stats or winning? :D" you should of did some investigating yourself before trusting the word of homers who are already mad at Michael Vick in the 1st place. :tup:

Before I write this...I must say I cannot believe I am gonna write a post sticking up for Vick...but here goes....

1st we got to start off with defenses. Kordell was on a much better defensive team that put their offense in great shape on the field and never put the pressure on kordell that Vick has faced in atlanta. Vick on the otherhand has been with mostly a average defense. then you got to talk offensive lines. I am sure Menudo himself will tell you that Kordell had the much better line for a QB to be behind.

When you talk wins in NFL games Vick and Kordells winning percentages are very very close despite the fact that Pittsburgh and Kordell had some excellent teams.matter of fact I would just about bet that Vick has a better W/L % in NFL starts than Kordell.I only covered both players teams when they the QB played 10 games for their respective teams and when doing that Vick has won at a 55% clip while Kordell 59% clip.but Vick had a winning record in the 2 seasons he played under 10 games and Almost all of stewerts starts in years he played less than 10 games his teams had losing seasons.

Then you throw in that Vicks TD to TO rate is at 64% and Kordells is 58%.then you throw in the fact that Vick averages 1.2 TD's per game for career while Kordell averages .9 per game. I just don't see how you can say anyone proved that Kordell was better statwise unless you are just looking at overall totals at this point.

So when you wrote this"(as Meneudo has clearly illustrated) " and this "Based on what -- if not stats or winning? :D" you should of did some investigating yourself before trusting the word of homers who are already mad at Michael Vick in the 1st place. :D

Psst..... I was only joking.

I thought that would be fairly obvious, since I simply picked out Kordell's two phenomenal seasons. He had two great seasons, but, the rest of his career was very inconsistent.

Edited by Menudo

Psst..... I was only joking.

I thought that would be fairly obvious, since I simply picked out Kordell's two phenomenal seasons. He had two great seasons, but, the rest of his career was very inconsistent.

Dude they been flying over my head all week.

This Kordell Vs. Vick thing is retarded.

Slash never had to carry a team the way Vick has.

Vick led his team to a 11-5 record a few years back, almost single handedley and had them within a game of the Super Bowl.

How many playoff wins does Carson Palmer, Drew Brees, and Marc Bulger have?

Im not saying that Vick is better than those guys, but to say Vick sucks, because he doesnt have a great playoff record or Slash is better than Vick (which still says Vick sucks) is insane.

Edited by piratesownninjas