[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick is all done

Crazysight

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about what you guys think, but these 2 guys look awfully comparable to me. Stewart has the benefit of better Ds, but Vick has had the benefit of better running Os.

Just because some people love swinging from Vick's sack doesn't mean that he's God. He's about Kordell Stewart as a QB. No more, no less. He's a better runner than Kordell, but he's a worse passer. Surprise, surprise.

In my very first post on the huddle boards, in a topic i started, I compared Vick to Slash and was destroyed for it.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=1560&hl=

I agree with your post 100%

In my very first post on the huddle boards, in a topic i started, I compared Vick to Slash and was destroyed for it.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=1560&hl=

I agree with your post 100%

Galileo was persecuted for proposing that the Earth revolved around the Sun, also. Being a man of unique vision, you should understand the burden that you bear.

One of the best things about this Vick controversy is how the Vickophants have retreated from their "all he does is win" argument now that the sample size of his starts has grown enough to show how crappy a starting QB he really is and aren't skewed by one good year that the team had.

One of the best things about this Vick controversy is how the Vickophants have retreated from their "all he does is win" argument now that the sample size of his starts has grown enough to show how crappy a starting QB he really is and aren't skewed by one good year that the team had.

No the only things I've defended Vick on is that he's surrounded by a "subpar" offense. I didn't like Knapp either. We'll see how this unfolds.

No the only things I've defended Vick on is that he's surrounded by a "subpar" offense. I didn't like Knapp either. We'll see how this unfolds.

Is this the same "subpar" offense on which a declining Warrick Dunn ripped off three straight 1,000-yd seasons, yet the offense ranked near last in the NFL in passing over that time?

I love how Vick's inability to read defenses and throw the ball accurately is always somebody else's fault in your eyes. :D

It takes professional accuracy to hit the fans in the seats. He has to miss 11 defenders and 10 teammates. That's 21 people he's not throwing it too! Truely amazing.

22 if he counts himself as a possible receiver, which I think is fair only because it has been done before.

He's better than you think.

Is this the same "subpar" offense on which a declining Warrick Dunn ripped off three straight 1,000-yd seasons, yet the offense ranked near last in the NFL in passing over that time?

I love how Vick's inability to read defenses and throw the ball accurately is always somebody else's fault in your eyes. :D

Yes Vick spreads a defense like no other QB. Every time he hands it off 2 guys have to go the opposite way just in an attempt to contain him.

Yes Vick spreads a defense like no other QB. Every time he hands it off 2 guys have to go the opposite way just in an attempt to contain him.

And in doing so, those two guys take themselves out of coverage. Vick should be able to exploit defenses with the play-action bootleg in the same way that Young and Elway did. Instead, he continues to struggle to complete passes after SIX years in the NFL - even in Knapp's dumbed-down college offense.

Grossman QB'ed a team to a Super Bowl before Vick did, even though he was drafted a year after Vick and has only had one full healthy season to boot. I'll get back on topic now, since we're talking about Vick and we all know changing the subject when one doesn't like what one hears is rather lame....

fixado.

And in doing so, those two guys take themselves out of coverage. Vick should be able to exploit defenses with the play-action bootleg in the same way that Young and Elway did. Instead, he continues to struggle to complete passes after SIX years in the NFL - even in Knapp's dumbed-down college offense.

Too bad the line collapses on that side as soon he gets the snap.

fixado.

Yeah Grossman really led that team.

Too bad the line collapses on that side as soon he gets the snap.

Yeah Grossman really led that team.

I didn't say that, did I?

And before you pin it on the D, keep in mind the D Vick had working for him on his best playoff run. It was pretty f'ing solid as I recall.

I didn't say that, did I?

And before you pin it on the D, keep in mind the D Vick had working for him on his best playoff run. It was pretty f'ing solid as I recall.

Doesn't matter Vick leads the Falcons and if we're talking about QBs whose abilities are being questioned to the point of worthy of starting you'd kind of be a hypocrite right?

The defense was better then it is but let's not go too far. I liked last year's more before the injuries....

Then you recall wrong.

During Vick's best play off run, the Falcons D was pretty middling.

2004 Falcons had the NFL's 17th ranked D.

During Sexy Rexy's play off run, Da Bears had an outstanding D.

2006 Bears had the NFL's 5th ranked D.

No comparison on Special Teams either.

From Field Goal kicker to Return Man, Chicago's Special 2006 Teams was light years ahead of the Falcons 2004 Special Teams.

Hey, I had your back there. :D

Then you recall wrong.

During Vick's best play off run, the Falcons D was pretty middling.

2004 Falcons had the NFL's 17th ranked D.

During Sexy Rexy's play off run, Da Bears had an outstanding D.

2006 Bears had the NFL's 5th ranked D.

No comparison on Special Teams either.

From Field Goal kicker to Return Man, Chicago's Special 2006 Teams was light years ahead of the Falcons 2004 Special Teams.

Partially wrong - in the two strong playoff appearances they've had with Vick, they had a top ten passing D one year, and a top ten rushing D the other year. Maybe I combined them on my recall. But then again, this isn't about Grossman, the Bears D or even the Flacons D so I'll let his partially successful attempt at changing the subject come to a close.

But don't think for a second I'm even hiting at Atlanta's D being as solid as Chicago's. I don't consider it a pushover either, especially seeing as how a good D has determined Vick's playoff success more than he himself has.

Partially wrong - in the two strong playoff appearances they've had with Vick, they had a top ten passing D one year, and a top ten rushing D the other year. Maybe I combined them on my recall. But then again, this isn't about Grossman, the Bears D or even the Flacons D so I'll let his partially successful attempt at changing the subject come to a close.

But don't think for a second I'm even hiting at Atlanta's D being as solid as Chicago's. I don't consider it a pushover either, especially seeing as how a good D has determined Vick's playoff success more than he himself has.

2004 Falcon D

|---------- PASSING -----------||----- RUSHING -----|  TOTAL		CMP  ATT   YD	YPA   TD INT  ATT   YD	YPA  TD	 YD-----------328  517  3838   7.42  19  19  434  1681  3.87  20   5519NFL rank --->  25   19   24	 24   12  11   12	9	10   29	 17

2006 Chicago Bears D

|---------- PASSING -----------||----- RUSHING -----|  TOTAL		CMP  ATT   YD	YPA   TD INT  ATT   YD	YPA  TD	 YD-----------328  581  3388   5.83  18  24  402  1590  3.96   7   4978NFL rank --->  25   31   11	  1	9   2	5	6	11	2	  5

It is about Grossman in that, like Goop, you'd be one hell of a hypocrite to join in the Vick debate over his abilities as a QB.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235253

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396159

Now ask yourself who played with better receivers and O-line last year and don't point to the win column because you know Grossman was NOT the reason they went to the Superbowl. Oh and don't forget about the 1,000 rushing yards. Should Grossman be a starting QB in the NFL?

Edited by broncosn05

It is about Grossman in that, like Goop, you'd be one hell of a hypocrite to join in the Vick debate over his abilities as a QB.

Oh, that's crap. One player has nothing to do with the other. Vicks merits/flaws are not related to Grossman's at all. Trying to link them is a sign that your argument is COMPLETELY weak.

Should Grossman be a starting QB in the NFL?

Too early to tell - he looked VERY good at times last year, and VERY bad at times last year. He has a total of a season and a half of NFL game experience under his belt - by that point in time, Favre and Elway looked like retards as well. If he doesn't begin to resemble an NFL QB this year, I'd say the Bears better start looking at different options.

But again, that has nothing to do with Vick.