[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick is all done

Crazysight

2004 Falcon D

|---------- PASSING -----------||----- RUSHING -----|  TOTAL		CMP  ATT   YD	YPA   TD INT  ATT   YD	YPA  TD	 YD-----------328  517  3838   7.42  19  19  434  1681  3.87  20   5519NFL rank --->  25   19   24	 24   12  11   12	9	10   29	 17

2006 Chicago Bears D

|---------- PASSING -----------||----- RUSHING -----|  TOTAL		CMP  ATT   YD	YPA   TD INT  ATT   YD	YPA  TD	 YD-----------328  581  3388   5.83  18  24  402  1590  3.96   7   4978NFL rank --->  25   31   11	  1	9   2	5	6	11	2	  5

It is about Grossman in that, like Goop, you'd be one hell of a hypocrite to join in the Vick debate over his abilities as a QB.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235253

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396159

Now ask yourself who played with better receivers and O-line last year and don't point to the win column because you know Grossman was NOT the reason they went to the Superbowl. Oh and don't forget about the 1,000 rushing yards. Should Grossman be a starting QB in the NFL?

:D Don't call me a hypocrite before I have even said anything about Grossman vs. Vick.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you can knock Grossman all you want, but the fact remains that he was the QB on a team that went to a Super Bowl. That doesn't just happen. He had the most 100 passer rating games in the NFL last season. Granted he had some of the lowest too, but that was essentially his rookie season. His "rookie" season was better than Peyton Manning's and many other great quarterbacks. The book has yet to be written on Rex totally. I think we have seen a lot of Vick to understand what he can and can't do at this juncture in his career.

It is about Grossman in that, like Goop, you'd be one hell of a hypocrite to join in the Vick debate over his abilities as a QB.

Actually, it's YOU who are the hypocrite: you bring Grossman up to derail the Vick thread. You do so with your smilie icon, thereby expressively laughing at his performance.

Yet the D stats you just posted show something: with similar defensive teams, Rex was the QB who went to the Super Bowl, whereas Vick has not. Vick has had 3 more healthy season to do so.

And we all now your Vick's biggest sack leach on this board. So how can you be so high on him, yet laugh at a QB who has accomplished more than Vick has?

Here's the answer: hypocrisy. Since you like that word so much the show plainly fits in this case.

Oh yeah - where have I posed anything in this thread or elsewhere that disparages Vick's QB abilities?

Actually, it's YOU who are the hypocrite: you bring Grossman up to derail the Vick thread. You do so with your smilie icon, thereby expressively laughing at his performance.

Yet the D stats you just posted show something: with similar defensive teams, Rex was the QB who went to the Super Bowl, whereas Vick has not. Vick has had 3 more healthy season to do so.

And we all now your Vick's biggest sack leach on this board. So how can you be so high on him, yet laugh at a QB who has accomplished more than Vick has?

Here's the answer: hypocrisy. Since you like that word so much the show plainly fits in this case.

Oh yeah - where have I posed anything in this thread or elsewhere that disparages Vick's QB abilities?

:D:D

Rexy had better step his game up this year. His upcoming schedule is significantly more challenging than the one he had last year.

:D And he is in a contract year too. What is new? He will be under the microscope once again. Should be an interesting year.

Oh, that's crap. One player has nothing to do with the other. Vicks merits/flaws are not related to Grossman's at all. Trying to link them is a sign that your argument is COMPLETELY weak.

Ding, ding, ding. :D

Oh, that's crap. One player has nothing to do with the other. Vicks merits/flaws are not related to Grossman's at all. Trying to link them is a sign that your argument is COMPLETELY weak.

Goop had part in the Vick as a receiver statement so I made a comment back and it went on from there...

My argument.... I've been arguing Vick's abilities as a QB for twenty or so threads, including probably somewhere in this thread. Why is everyone so quick to jump on Vick's back? I'm sick of arguing that he's a good QB. There's plenty of threads before this that do that. Alright I set it up perfect now let's all go back and forth about Vick. :D

I've got an idea though. How about I'll go on about Vick's flaws and you guys search for some positives. :D

Loses faith in his line quick and looks to the run sometimes to soon.

Has about 2-3 balls a game that bounce at ankles or soar over heads.

Of course the off-field, but still has the respect of his team.

It's worth a shot.

I was definetely a hypocrite when I mentioned Grossman. Hell the team made it a hell of a lot further than the Falcons.

Maybe you need to look at those ranks again they were far from similar IMO, even though I'd agree that it was a team effort to get Atlanta to the NFC Championship.

Pope I didn't say you did. I said if you were to.

...and Goop he also had 5 games under a 40 passer rating.

I was definetely a hypocrite when I mentioned Grossman. Hell the team made it a hell of a lot further than the Falcons.

Maybe you need to look at those ranks again they were far from similar IMO, even though I'd agree that it was a team effort to get Atlanta to the NFC Championship.

Pope I didn't say you did. I said if you were to.

...and Goop he also had 5 games under a 40 passer rating.

The fact remains that Atlanta had a solid defense along with arguably the best running game. They were winning in spite of Vick, not because of him. The biggest win of his career most people would say is the one against the Packers at Lambeau Field. In that game, the defense forced three fumbles, had two interceptions, and blocked a punt and returned it for a touchdown. Vick in that game had only 117 passing yards and barely completed a little over 50% of his passes.

The fact remains that Atlanta had a solid defense along with arguably the best running game. They were winning in spite of Vick, not because of him. The biggest win of his career most people would say is the one against the Packers at Lambeau Field. In that game, the defense forced three fumbles, had two interceptions, and blocked a punt and returned it for a touchdown. Vick in that game had only 117 passing yards and barely completed a little over 50% of his passes.

Reading too much of the stat sheet. Do you remember weather that game? And who led the offense on their 76 and 90 yard drives. Yes the defense AND ST played great and the Falcons won 27-7. BTW I've said before what Vick does for the running game...

In spite of Vick, how so?

Edited by broncosn05

Reading too much of the stat sheet. Do you remember weather that game? And who led the offense on their 76 and 90 yard drives. Yes the defense AND ST played great and the Falcons won 27-7. BTW I've said before what Vick does for the running game...

In spite of Vick, how so?

Reading too much of the stat sheet? :D Yeah, ok. And yes, I do remember the weather in that game. Basically like all outdoor games at that time here in the midwest. And it is easy to lead drives like that when you just turn around and hand the ball off.

When your quarterback barely throws over 50 percent, then the rest of your team better play well. They did. I'll that take as a reason they won in spite of him. :D

Edited by Goopster24

Reading too much of the stat sheet? :D Yeah, ok. And yes, I do remember the weather in that game. Basically like all outdoor games at that time here in the midwest. And it is easy to lead drives like that when you just turn around and hand the ball off.

When your quarterback barely throws over 50 percent, then the rest of your team better play well. They did. I'll that take as a reason they won in spite of him. :D

Where's this stat sheet that you are looking at? I know he rushed for 64 yards and remember watching that game and Madden praising him every play. I just want to see it to compare offenses. It's also interesting that you leave out the fact that Ahman Green and Terry Glenn didn't play to push your point of the greatness of the Falcons D. Then again maybe your slowly becoming a Falcon fan... :tup:

I know he rushed for 64 yards and remember watching that game and Madden praising him every play.

:D I am so glad that Madden can see Vick's "greatness."

Then again maybe your slowly becoming a Falcon fan... :D

That is probably the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

Where's this stat sheet that you are looking at? I know he rushed for 64 yards and remember watching that game and Madden praising him every play. I just want to see it to compare offenses. It's also interesting that you leave out the fact that Ahman Green and Terry Glenn didn't play to push your point of the greatness of the Falcons D. Then again maybe your slowly becoming a Falcon fan... :tup:

:D

You didn't really use John Madden's comment in your argument, did you ? :D

:D I am so glad that Madden can see Vick's "greatness."

That is probably the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

Where's the stat sheet.

Darn thought I had you.

:D

You didn't really use John Madden's comment in your argument, did you ? :tup:

He couldn't have been sucking it up too badly could he now.

Edited by broncosn05