[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick is all done

Crazysight

I think the cousin is going to end up taking the heat alone for this. Unless they find some smoking gun that incriminates Vick without a doubt, the cousin is going to give a vanilla confession, and take whatever sentence Vick's high $$ lawyers get reduced to him. Then it's on to a full retirement courtesy of cousin Mikey.

Vick's not going to admit to a dam thing, and his cousin's not going to roll. He won't do more than a few years if found guilty, and he's not going to spoil his meal ticket for the future. Anyone really think he's going to care if he has a felony record going forward?

Given that they were already searching the house for drugs, I would guess this would just be another page in the book for his cousin. Vick may get out of this, but the current attitude of law enforcement and the media will make it tough for him.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that they were already searching the house for drugs, I would guess this would just be another page in the book for his cousin. Vick may get out of this, but the current attitude of law enforcement and the media will make it tough for him.

And then the Falcons will be in the Superbowl with Vick's cinderella story.

I can dream can't I?

I can dream can't I?

Probably a better dream than Vick is having right now...

I can dream can't I?

A Cinderella story is when the public is pulling for that thing to happen too.

NO ONE will be pulling for Vick.

BTW I, probably the only one on this site, still hope and think Vick will not be suspended for this mess.

How can you say he won't be suspended? Is it the fact that you really, truly believe that he didn't do anything wrong? Or is it the fact that what he did wrong possibly isn't bad enough to warrant suspension? It doesn't make sense either way. I can see if you want to root for the guy...well no, I really can't, but to say what he has possibly and most probably done isn't wrong or not warranting of a suspension is crazy.

Yahtzee. Cousin has said "it is all his fault". But it was his property. Vick may now have some legal troubles, but no real reason for a Goodell suspension.

Once again, you have got to be kidding me.

you know, as hard-nose as Goodell wants to seem now, it may not take a whole lot to hand down a suspension for this. But it would have to have a conviction or something very close to it to happen.

:D

Harrington has already proven he sucks. At least give Schaub the chance to do the same.

He didn't deserve the high draft pick but who was the last good QB in Detroit?

you know, as hard-nose as Goodell wants to seem now, it may not take a whole lot to hand down a suspension for this. But it would have to have a conviction or something very close to it to happen.

I disagree. No conviction is necessary to be suspended by the commish these days for conduct detrimental to the league. Lots of bad press for the league in this case will cause Goodell to act. I dont think he is going to suspend him for the year or even 8 games. But I think he is looking at 4 games with or without a conviction on the dog fighting charges.

FYI: If this was Roethlisburger.....the biggest difference is that Rooney would have personally hired Two Men and a Truck and shuttled his ass out of town. :D

..... ain't that the truth. :D

I also am wary of Poindexter, to play the race card so soon seems to be building a defense. Surry County fugged up some way and got jumped by the Feds.

Also, if this is not "Conduct Detremental to the League", well then, I don't know what is....Plus, as I said earlier...Arthur Blank has an image as well, and if you don't think the owner of something as big in the public eye as Home Depot cares about that image and people shopping at the Depot...well, once again, I think you are clearly mistaken. Jerry Richardson would have suspeneded him already-regardless of what the union would say...on that I'm sure.

Goodell will lose major face if a "higher face value player" like Vick is deemed to be treated differently. Plus, there has been a detachment of NFL security moinitoring the case-which Goodell offered there assistance and the Surry County declined....Goodell still kept them in Surry County.

Edited by PantherDave

This case is very sad, but it could inevitably be a positive thing by shining a light on a despicable act that goes on behind closed doors and by bringing to the public's attention the reality of the widespread nature of it that is routinely kept underground.

This case is very sad, but it could inevitably be a positive thing by shining a light on a despicable act that goes on behind closed doors and by bringing to the public's attention the reality of the widespread nature of it that is routinely kept underground.

That's right. ESPN said there is a kennel in GA that specializes in super dog fighting Pit Bulls and many of their clients are NFL players.

If Paris Hilton can't even get out of it anymore, I don't think Vick will.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070609/ap_on_en_tv/paris_hilton

Report says she was hysterical. I think it's pretty hysterical myself :D

That's actually a very tame and watered-down version of the original story that they had on there last night (they seem to have taken that one down), where they described her appearance as that of a little girl caught in the middle of the judicial system, hysterical, crying Mom! Mom! repeatedly as they took her away, telling her mother and father in sobs that she loved them, trembling, blood shot eyes, sobbing uncontrollably throughout the trial, hair all a mess, her mother nearly collapsing on the floor in tears. Such drama from the bubble-world living whack-jobs!

Poor little filthy rich girl...having to deal with a little dose of the real world.

OK tangent over...

Edited by Crazysight

That's right. ESPN said there is a kennel in GA that specializes in super dog fighting Pit Bulls and many of their clients are NFL players.

I've heard about an alleged "subculture" in the NFL. I don't know anything about that, but I'm just speaking about the reality of its widespread existence in general. This is especially true in slummy metropolises like D.C. (our nation's capital but slummiest of them all), Detroit, etc.

If Paris Hilton can't even get out of it anymore, I don't think Vick will.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070609/ap_on_en_tv/paris_hilton

Report says she was hysterical. I think it's pretty hysterical myself :D

That's actually a very tame and watered-down version of the story that they had on there last night, where they described her appearance as that of a little girl caught in the middle of the judicial system, hysterical, crying Mom! Mom! repeatedly, telling her mother and father in sobs that she loved them, trembling, blood shot eyes, hair all a mess, her mother nearly collapsing on the floor in tear. Such drama.

That story doesn't seem to exist anymore. Poor little filthy rich girl...

MSNBC there was a crowd cheering when she was ordered back to jail. :D

Before the Feds showed up Poindexter refused to act on a search warrant that had been issued because he said he didn't like the language. Ok, that's fine... but he refused to say what about the language he didn't like, AND he refused to ask for another search warrant with changed or ammended language to fix wht he supposedly didn't like.

Apparently there was another dog fighting case in the past that was handled by Poindexter which ultimately failed because he refused to act on a search warrant as well.

I'm guessing he won't escape with his career in tact, unless all of the locals rally behind him in some kind of "we want OJ to get away with murder" fashion.

Before the Feds showed up Poindexter refused to act on a search warrant that had been issued because he said he didn't like the language. Ok, that's fine... but he refused to say what about the language he didn't like, AND he refused to ask for another search warrant with changed or ammended language to fix wht he supposedly didn't like.

Apparently there was another dog fighting case in the past that was handled by Poindexter which ultimately failed because he refused to act on a search warrant as well.

I'm guessing he won't escape with his career in tact, unless all of the locals rally behind him in some kind of "we want OJ to get away with murder" fashion.

+1. Well said.

Actually the bolded part is untrue;

Poindexter said he found out about a sealed search warrant filed in the U.S. Attorney's office about the time federal investigators executed it Thursday.

"If they've made a judgment that we're not acting prudently and with dispatch based on what we have, they've not acting very wisely," Poindexter said.

He said Surry County officials were preparing another search warrant for the property and that the investigative team planned to meet to make sure they had all the experts needed to make the search most effective.

Associated Press

If you guys had read up on Poindexter, you'd know that he had a previous dog fighting ring prosecution going with 30-something counts in the recent past, which was dismissed because of an improper warrant.

I'd say that would be enough for any prosecutor to be a little gun shy about making sure exacting language is included in any subsequent search warrants.

I've also only seen one article mention that the informant saying there are 30+ decessed dogs buried on the property, came to the attntion of the authorities via John Goodwin, deputy manager of animal-fighting issues for The Humane Society of the United States.

Interesting that this informant would make sure to go to the Humane Society of the United States with his tip, instead of directly to the investigating authorities.

Of course when you learn that the Humane Society of the United States PAYS for information leading to convictions in dog fighting cases, it starts to make sense.