[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick is all done

Crazysight

As stated previously, WVECs original report was pulled down without any notice or public retraction by the station. Thus the confusion. I actually sent them a message essentially asking "what's up?," and they've failed to respond. So I agree with you that the local coverage has been bad. At this point it's anyone's guess as to what the feds are really doing there:

The latest:

(Rotoworld) WVEC in Virginia took down a post that claimed that nearly three dozen dogs were found on Michael Vick's former proper in Surry County, Virginia.Impact: It looks like the station jumped the gun on this one. Federal investigators were seen carrying boxes off the property, but the contents have not been publicly identified.

http://football13.myfantasyleague.com/2006...ERS=4891&DAYS=7

Edited by Crazysight

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of what comes out of this, if he is still your hero, and if you still defend, I don't thing I will be the only one to lose some respect for you.

Well said once again. Anybody who can support him needs to recheck their morals.

Sounds like I'm going to get some hate in my direction just for being a fan of the team. You guys are serious about this? You can't distinguish between wanting a guy to do well on a team, playing a sport and the same guy's personal life off the field?

Unless, of course, you were just referring to supporting him in his off-the-field endeavors... I want the team that I've supported year after year to continue winning, which means that the QB needs to succeed; thus, I want the QB to succeed. Are there problems with this, or am I completely misinterpreting the general feeling behind these posts?

I want the team that I've supported year after year to continue winning, which means that the QB needs to succeed; thus, I want the QB to succeed.

Puppy Killer! :D

:D

Sounds like I'm going to get some hate in my direction just for being a fan of the team. You guys are serious about this? You can't distinguish between wanting a guy to do well on a team, playing a sport and the same guy's personal life off the field?

Unless, of course, you were just referring to supporting him in his off-the-field endeavors... I want the team that I've supported year after year to continue winning, which means that the QB needs to succeed; thus, I want the QB to succeed. Are there problems with this, or am I completely misinterpreting the general feeling behind these posts?

One question: Can you really support Michael Vick as your team's starting quarterback, after all he has done off the field?

One question: Can you really support Michael Vick as your team's starting quarterback, after all he has done off the field?

It's almost irrelevant (almost...) in the sense that, no matter who is quarterback, I want the team to win. I want all the players on the team to do well. With that said, yes, I can support Michael Vick as a player on a football team and keep that completely separate from my distaste for nearly everything he does in his own time.

It's almost irrelevant (almost...) in the sense that, no matter who is quarterback, I want the team to win. I want all the players on the team to do well. With that said, yes, I can support Michael Vick as a player on a football team and keep that completely separate from my distaste for nearly everything he does in his own time.

That's awfully convenient.

Somewhat agree.

That's awfully convenient.

That doesn't just go for Vick... that's anybody. I'm not rooting for individuals; I'm rooting for the team.

I'm not sure if I get at what you are trying to say.

Of course any fan of a team wants their team to win. You want the players to do well. That is a given.

But the fact that Vick is on that team that you root for makes it OK to root for him? Even with all the stuff he has done? If Vick came to my team, the Chicago Bears, I can now root for him and support him?

Correct me if I am wrong in that viewing of the answer.

Edited by Goopster24

I want the Bears to win, and wish Tank Johnson would just leave, even if it means the team is worse off for it in the short term.

I want the Bears to win, and wish Tank Johnson would just leave, even if it means the team is worse off for it in the short term.

While I disagree on the situation with Tank, this is my thinking as well. I want a team of classy players and players I can be proud to support and root for. Success will come if worked at.

Where is the line where we decide what they do isn't acceptable? To be honest, I don't know.

Somewhat agree.

Perhaps it won't be completely separate, and I may feel differently when I'm actually watching the games. But that doesn't change the fact that I'll want the falcons to win. I could even muster up the strength to root for the team with li'l Joey under center. That's better than about 70,000 lions fans...

That doesn't just go for Vick... that's anybody. I'm not rooting for individuals; I'm rooting for the team.

Yeah, I got your point the first time. Thanks.

So what you are saying is that as long as a player is on the field for your team, they can be guilty of any heinous act, and you'll still be there cheering them on like crazy. Then as soon as they shuck off their uniform you'll judge them using a completely different criteria. Would that be a fair summary of your position?

So what you are saying is that as long as a player is on the field for your team, they can be guilty of any heinous act, and you'll still be there cheering them on like crazy. Then as soon as they shuck off their uniform you'll judge them using a completely different criteria. Would that be a fair summary of your position?

That is exactly what I am asking about too.

:D

I'm not sure if I get at what you are trying to say.

Of course any fan of a team wants their team to win. You want the players to do well. That is a given.

But the fact that Vick is on that team that you root for makes it OK to root for him? Even with all the stuff he has done? If Vick came to my team, the Chicago Bears, I can now root for him and support him?

Correct me if I am wrong in that viewing of the answer.

I think the issue here is determining exactly WHAT you're rooting for when you're watching a football game. Supposing Vick was the QB for Chicago... what would your response be? Would you hope for Vick to fail miserably but for the team to overcome that and still win?

"Support" is probably not a word I would use for how I'll feel about him going forward, but I can still root for good performances on the field. And no, I don't feel like I'm supporting a dog killer or an immoral person. I am supporting him as a football player.

And no, I don't feel like I'm supporting a dog killer or an immoral person. I am supporting him as a football player.

Like I stated earlier, that's awfully convenient.

I can't imagine why some few players can turn into scourges upon society while under contract for a team with such enlightened thinking.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I think the issue here is determining exactly WHAT you're rooting for when you're watching a football game. Supposing Vick was the QB for Chicago... what would your response be? Would you hope for Vick to fail miserably but for the team to overcome that and still win?

"Support" is probably not a word I would use for how I'll feel about him going forward, but I can still root for good performances on the field. And no, I don't feel like I'm supporting a dog killer or an immoral person. I am supporting him as a football player.

If the Chicago Bears brought in Michael Vick, I would seriously consider selling back my season tickets. That is a fact.

I root for my team to win and be competitive. I want classy players and great citizens. One day my kid might have some of the players on the Bears as role models.

If the Falcons keep him the starting quarterback and basically ignore all the stuff going on with the dog fighting, you will “support” the franchise’s decision on this? You can “support” the team and the franchise essentially OKing him? I think “support” is a great word and very applicable to this situation.

Not a bad one. It's kind of a tough spot to be in, don't you think?

How would you react if a key player for Denver was in this situation? Can you simply stop rooting for the team? It seems impossible to root for a team to win without hoping for the QB to do well, so I'm at a loss here. I completely see where you guys are coming from, but I won't let this affect how I view the team as a whole. If you have better answers for how to deal with your QB being an idiot on this level, let me know.

How would you react if a key player for Denver was in this situation? Can you simply stop rooting for the team? It seems impossible to root for a team to win without hoping for the QB to do well, so I'm at a loss here. I completely see where you guys are coming from, but I won't let this affect how I view the team as a whole. If you have better answers for how to deal with your QB being an idiot on this level, let me know.

I would seriously question the management of my team. It's as simple as that. Can you really just continue to support anything the team does and/or say at the cost of winning?

If the Chicago Bears brought in Michael Vick, I would seriously consider selling back my season tickets. That is a fact.

I root for my team to win and be competitive. I want classy players and great citizens. One day my kid might have some of the players on the Bears as role models.

If the Falcons keep him the starting quarterback and basically ignore all the stuff going on with the dog fighting, you will “support” the franchise’s decision on this? You can “support” the team and the franchise essentially OKing him? I think “support” is a great word and very applicable to this situation.

Fair enough.

However, I don't have season tickets to sell, and I'm not a fan of my local team. I love football, and you should all know that trying to pick another team to root for just wouldn't be the same. I shouldn't have to give up something that I enjoy, nor do I want to. So, where's the line between supporting the team and supporting the heinous deeds of a particular player?

I would seriously question the management of my team. It's as simple as that. Can you really just continue to support anything the team does and/or say at the cost of winning?

Another interesting thought I'd like to bring up: what would you do if the law-breaking, immoral player isn't a key player on the team? Suppose some 2nd/3rd-string, special-teams scrub was caught with a dog-fighting ring and the team keeps him on the roster. Would you still sell your season tickets for that?

How would you react if a key player for Denver was in this situation?

This isn't difficult at all. The only thing I'd be rooting for right now if Vick played in DEN is that the Feds get sufficient evidence to put him in a dark hole for a significant portion of his life.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Another interesting thought I'd like to bring up: what would you do if the law-breaking, immoral player isn't a key player on the team? Suppose some 2nd/3rd-string, special-teams scrub was caught with a dog-fighting ring and the team keeps him on the roster. Would you still sell your season tickets for that?

That's a very good and fair question to ask. I think it would be somewhat different, as sad as it is, because I don't want the star of my team and the franchise player to be a thug and scum. If it was some scrub, I would still question it, no doubt. But it probably overall wouldn't be made a hugh deal league wide either.

Fair enough.

However, I don't have season tickets to sell, and I'm not a fan of my local team. I love football, and you should all know that trying to pick another team to root for just wouldn't be the same. I shouldn't have to give up something that I enjoy, nor do I want to. So, where's the line between supporting the team and supporting the heinous deeds of a particular player?

Of course it is hard to pick another team to root for. But for you to say you shouldn't have to give up something that you enjoy, even though a product of that comes from a person who is a horrible human being, that is being awfully selfish isn't it? Isn't it about the big picture?

If the team has said they are OK with that player and what he does, then that is when you have a problem.

Edited by Goopster24