Sign in to follow this  
Randall

Ocho Cinco beats the horse

CINCINNATI -- Chad Johnson got a head start without having to jump offside, and beat his coverage to the goal line again.

The Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver was waiting at the finish line when Restore the Roar arrived at the end of his one-eighth-mile gallop. That's right: Johnson raced a horse Saturday and easily won.

Johnson was spotted a 100-meter lead -- roughly about half the distance the horse had to cover in the race for charity. And when it was over, Johnson, as usual, was anything but humble. He sounded ready to take on boxing, basketball and NASCAR.

"Floyd Mayweather, you're next," Johnson said. "I want to fight you. I'd like to take Kobe and LeBron one-on-one. Jeff Gordon, we can take a couple laps. ... Now it's my time to take over the race world."

The 4-year-old colt's jockey, P.J. Cooksey, rode a horse that beat former Bengals receiver Cris Collinsworth in 1993. She sounded more impressed with Johnson's speed.

"He's quick," Cooksey said. "He's a fast man. That was phenomenal. When I looked over at him, all I could see were his legs; they looked like a windmill. He was a blur. I was beat bad."

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Video? That had to be great!

Link

Thanks, that was some funny stuff.

So, this is over 220 yards and CJ gets a 110 yard head start. Am I supposed to be impressed with this?

So, this is over 220 yards and CJ gets a 110 yard head start. Am I supposed to be impressed with this?

Naah, but it's for charity. The jockey sounded like she was part of the gag.

Ocho Vs Mayweather is this guy serious.

The stunt he pulled at the end where he came up lame and grabbed for his hamstring had to have the Cincy brass clutching their chests until CJ showed he was just joking. Funny, but I was a little surprised he was allowed to participate, even for charity.

The Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver was waiting at the finish line when Restore the Roar arrived at the end of his one-eighth-mile gallop.

:D

Is the horse's owner a Lions fan?? :D

Peace

policy

Hey Policy, hitlery is running for office, just thought you would want to know.