[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

matt millen the team wrecker

tarantula

And like Lucy pulling the ball away just as Charlie Brown tries to kick it; . . . Furd, et al start actually believing that this is THE year that the Lions wont suck.

:D

EDIT: :D

Edited by Furd

Millen has already done his best to make the Lions suck for 2007. Will the offense be very good? Yep. In fact, I bet the only defense that will stop them effectively all year will be the Lions D. The Lions may have the worst time of possession imbalance in the league this year.

wow... You may want to tap the breaks on that one... I think what you meant to say was that the Lions may fight is out for 2nd place... I don't see them overtaking the bears or the packers for that matter. I see the them surpassing the Vikings because Minnisota runs a ten man offense in which they have no qb.

I can see them overtaking the Packers. I think the Vikes and Bears both finish ahead of us though.

That being said...if we were serious about winning this year we would not have traded Dre Bly away for absolutely nothing.

As for Millen, lol @ yet more "I'm so brilliant in hindsight" yo-yos. I bet most if not all of his picks you didn't rip at the time they were being made - and I couldn't say for sure, but I have heard he was overriden by Ford on at least a few of them (eg Mike Wms). Not saying he's exactly brilliant, but IMO he's not nearly as bad as the Millen-sucks bangwagoneers think.

Actually, just because Kiper drools all over Millen's drafts at the time, that doesn't mean that informed Lions fans (or football fans in general) don't know he screwed up. Here's a news flash for you: Mel Kiper will like your draft if you pick one of his highly-rated skill position players. He will trash your draft if you take a boring lineman or CB earlier than he thinks you should. Mel Kiper, and the fans who think his critiques of a team's draft performance are accurate, is an idiot.

Millen has run this team as if it were a fantasy football team for the most part, wasting high picks on questionable skill position players and neglecting the OL and defense.

I can see them overtaking the Packers. I think the Vikes and Bears both finish ahead of us though.

That being said...if we were serious about winning this year we would not have traded Dre Bly away for absolutely nothing.

That would mean the Vikes surpassed the pack as well, and no way in hell does that happen...

Bears

Pack

Lions

Vikings.

Actually, just because Kiper drools all over Millen's drafts at the time, that doesn't mean that informed Lions fans (or football fans in general) don't know he screwed up. Here's a news flash for you: Mel Kiper will like your draft if you pick one of his highly-rated skill position players. He will trash your draft if you take a boring lineman or CB earlier than he thinks you should. Mel Kiper, and the fans who think his critiques of a team's draft performance are accurate, is an idiot.

Here's a news flash for you: you're preaching to the choir on Melvin K. :D

Funny I didn't see much of Lions fans ripping his drafts AT THE TIME. In fact, about the only top pick that seemed to get any serious questioning was the Mike Wms one - and given Rogers already becoming unreliable for various reasons and Roy Wms having injury issues and Mk Wms already falling farther than most expected, there were more than a few who thought it good or at least reasonable. Again, hindsight is 20/20.

PS I'm not saying he's brilliant any more than I'm saying Polian sucks. Just sick of the bandwagon BS by morons who I'm surprised can even spell the word draft.

"no way in hell does that happen..." that sounds like a pretty definate answer for someone who has no idea how things are gonna shape out.

Or someone who watched the Vikings last year, and saw how far away Tarvaris Jackson is from being ready.

Its a message boards. Everyone is predicting at this point in time. Lighten up.

Or someone who watched the Vikings last year, and saw how far away Tarvaris Jackson is from being ready.

Its a message boards. Everyone is predicting at this point in time. Lighten up.

Oh..were you the only one watching the Vikes last year?

I do agree that Tavaris Jackson is far from ready and IMO he should not even be the starter. I just see Green Bay falling apart this year. and I think the Vikes have the talent on the Lines to be a decent team.

And I am being light brother....just letting ya know how you came off. :D

Oh..were you the only one watching the Vikes last year?

I do agree that Tavaris Jackson is far from ready and IMO he should not even be the starter. I just see Green Bay falling apart this year. and I think the Vikes have the talent on the Lines to be a decent team.

And I am being light brother....just letting ya know how you came off. :D

My apologies then, Spain got me all fired up in another thread...

What do you see that would lead you to beleive that Green Bay will fall apart this year?

They're built on there defense, which only got stronger this year.

Kampman is a stud, Jenkins and Picket are solid, and Justin Harrell should be a run stopping force.

Hawk, Poppinga and Barnett are extremley young, and extremley talented. People can say all they want about Poppinga, but over the last month of the season he showed up and made plays.

The secondary still has the tandem of Woodson and Harris, which is as good as it gets. Nick Collins is set to make the next step into being the next great Green Bay Saftey. If Underwood our Rousse steps up, this defense could be scary.

Favre will talk all off season because he's a prima donna. He'll shut up and play as soon as September rolls along. Driver is a pro bowler, Jennings is extremley solid. KoRo along with a lot of rooks is decent.

The O line has a year more of experiance. Clifton, Tauchser, and Wells all have a decent chance of being Pro Bowlers. Colledge, Moll, and Spitz should also grow as well.

The runningbacks are a question, but I think they'll be fine in a RBBC that uses three RB's all year.

I just don't see how they go from winning out the last month of the season with a tough defense thats returning all of its starters.

Edited by piratesownninjas

Lions take the division,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, now don't wake me up.

Far as the draft, I personally don't think Millen has done bad at all. The biggest blown pick was Mike Williams, and I have to think alot of that falls on him, not Millen. Rogers tore it up his first 4 games til we found out he never drinks milk. Hind sight is 20/20, but most of the time peeps were liking the draft moves.