[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PD's Annual FF Rag Report.

PantherDave

I finished the book I was reading while we were at Hilton Head, so I picked up a FF Rag to read on the beach. The first report will be from PFW.

QB's 1-10

Peyton Manning

Carson Palmer

Tom Brady

Marc Bulger(nice schedule this year)

Drew Brees

Donavan McNabb

Mike Vick :D

Matt Hasselbeck

Phillip Rivers

Vince Young

RB's 1-10

LT2

LJ

SJax

SA

Frank Gore

Rudi Johnson(climbs every year)

Brian Westbrook

Willie Parker

Joesph Addai

Reggie Bush

WR's 1-10

Marvin Harrison(top 10 but not #1)

Ocho Cinco

Smitty

Torry Holt

TO

Fitz

Javon Walker

Reggie Wayne

Roy Williams

Anquan Boldin

TE's 1-10

Gates

Gonzo( :D )

Shockey

Heap

Crump

Cooley

Ben Watson

Vernon Davis(click clack)

LJS

DA Solider(KW)

DT's 1-10

Ravens

Bears

Pats

Chargers

Dolphins

Broncos

Steelers

Cowboys

Jaguars

Eagles

If you'd like any certain player and where they have them-just ask.

What's the reasoning for Portis at 21 may I ask? This seems absurd. :D

Yes and I've seen Edge go awful late this year too. Look like some possible bargains.

I've also seen Colston go ahead of Javon often but don't agree with that. Driver has to be top 10. Come on. They do this every year. Don't they ever learn?

I don't know why the Portis is that low, hell they have T Henry at #11 :D and Marion Barber at #20...then again guy's this is chitter room fodder and nothing more-amusing and I'll buy the others just so we can take a gander, who knows, I might run outta toilet paper.

Edited by PantherDave

Even with injury concerns, that seems a bit too much...

Yeah I agree, I have him in the Top 15 at least and probably Top 10 if he stays healthy. I know he can be an injury concern but as long as you make sure you get Betts you'll be fine. I think people forget what a great runner this guy is because he got banged up last year and was average at best. On a weekly basis, he averaged about 19-20 touches for 95 yds (rush/receiving) and a td a week banged up. He had a terrible first game and last game (that I didn't even include in the averages). Prior to last year, in his 1st 2 years at Washington...

'04- 383 touches- 1,550 yds 7 tds in 15 games

'05- 382 touches- 1,722 yds 11 tds in 16 games

Pretty solid numbers which he should repeat as he's only 25-26 years old.

I've also seen Colston go ahead of Javon often but don't agree with that. Driver has to be top 10. Come on. They do this every year. Don't they ever learn?

I have a feeling Colston is going to disappoint every owner that drafts him as a WR1 this year, and to answer your question about people ever learning with Driver... No, he will always be the Rodney Dangerfield of receivers... Does his job damn well, and will never get any respect...

Yeah I agree, I have him in the Top 15 at least and probably Top 10 if he stays healthy. I know he can be an injury concern but as long as you make sure you get Betts you'll be fine. I think people forget what a great runner this guy is because he got banged up last year and was average at best. On a weekly basis, he averaged about 19-20 touches for 95 yds (rush/receiving) and a td a week banged up. He had a terrible first game and last game (that I didn't even include in the averages). Prior to last year, in his 1st 2 years at Washington...

'04- 383 touches- 1,550 yds 7 tds in 15 games

'05- 382 touches- 1,722 yds 11 tds in 16 games

Pretty solid numbers which he should repeat as he's only 25-26 years old.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I think people overrate Betts last season. He had a monstorous month of football which I dont think can be duplicated. Another thing that sticks out to me is that he scores a td ever 62 touches. People forget what a monster Portis is. I think Portis will still get more than the bulk of touches and 10+ Td's this year.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I think people overrate Betts last season. He had a monstorous month of football which I dont think can be duplicated. Another thing that sticks out to me is that he scores a td ever 62 touches. People forget what a monster Portis is. I think Portis will still get more than the bulk of touches and 10+ Td's this year.

Just make sure as a Portis owner that you have Betts. By the way Betts deserves any praise he got last season because of his play. Just about every time he was given a shot to play he produced and that's all you can ask from a guy. Just look at his yards per carry/reception. I don't care who you are, those numbers are solid. It's not as if he was the starter and had one good month. When he was called upon he produced, it's that simple. And I totally disagree, he may not score touchdowns but if given the opportunity he will produce again. Remember, we're talking about a handuff here, not the starter. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5942

Looking at the stats from that link Betts averaged 14.56 points per week over 16 games and in 3-4 of them he played sparingly. Over-rated is a terrible word to describe Betts, maybe you meant under-rated? :D

Edited by irish

And-? IMO that's about right.

Young is the one I don't get. He might come on this year, but top 10?

Wow this is going to be a very interesting season to say the least. Young should be Top 10 because of his rushing ability alone, however I can at least see a scenerio that has him fall below because of his rough sched. and poor receiving targets. But there's no way in hell Portis should be ranked 10 spots lower than Henry!! :D I see them as having basically the same production for this year, so 10 spots is absurb! I hope the people in my league are undervaluing Portis the way some of you guys are so that I can grab him in the late 2nd early 3rd round and stroll to my championship.

And-? IMO that's about right.

Young is the one I don't get. He might come on this year, but top 10?

What in the hell has TH done since leaving Buffalo? Yes, to be ranked 11 is nut's, and it's all due to the Denver RB always producing quality #'s most the time. I'll just have to wait and see but he is not targeted for any of my teams at the moment. I'll need some PS looks to form a FF opinion of him, but if recent history is any indicator..I'll stay away.

What in the hell has TH done since leaving Buffalo? Yes, to be ranked 11 is nut's, and it's all due to the Denver RB always producing quality #'s most the time. I'll just have to wait and see but he is not targeted for any of my teams at the moment. I'll need some PS looks to form a FF opinion of him, but if recent history is any indicator..I'll stay away.

I can't say that I entirely agree with this as I think Henry is going to have a very solid year, on par with what all the other Denver RBs have done. His running style is a perfect fit for the running game/blocking scheme Denver implements. He is definitely on my draft list.

I can't say that I entirely agree with this as I think Henry is going to have a very solid year, on par with what all the other Denver RBs have done. His running style is a perfect fit for the running game/blocking scheme Denver implements. He is definitely on my draft list.

Pretty much what I was trying to say....FF'ers are buying into the Denver system and RB X, so I'll wait and see about Mr. Henry. He deserves a ranking as a starting RB, but 11 with some of the talent behind him on that list....11th no way.

atsId=5942[/url]

Looking at the stats from that link Betts averaged 14.56 points per week over 16 games and in 3-4 of them he played sparingly. Over-rated is a terrible word to describe Betts, maybe you meant under-rated? :D

No, I meant over-rated. Some of you are so high on him you beleive that he'll share the load with Portis.

He couldnt hold Portis' jock.

No, I meant over-rated. Some of you are so high on him you beleive that he'll share the load with Portis.

He couldnt hold Portis' jock.

I by no means think he is going to share the load with Portis otherwise I wouldn't be questioning the fact that Portis is ranked so low. I just feel that he is under-rated and that when given the shot he does more than just fill in, he's just as solid as Portis is in the open field, not so much at the GL. You really can't argue with facts. And my main point was that he is a must-have if you're a Portis owner, rather than an after-thought.

I by no means think he is going to share the load with Portis otherwise I wouldn't be questioning the fact that Portis is ranked so low. I just feel that he is under-rated and that when given the shot he does more than just fill in, he's just as solid as Portis is in the open field, not so much at the GL. You really can't argue with facts. And my main point was that he is a must-have if you're a Portis owner, rather than an after-thought.

Ok. I thought you were one of the guys around here that thinks he's going to overtake Portis. My mistake.