[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PD's Annual FF Rag Report.

PantherDave

What in the hell has TH done since leaving Buffalo? Yes, to be ranked 11 is nut's, and it's all due to the Denver RB always producing quality #'s most the time. I'll just have to wait and see but he is not targeted for any of my teams at the moment. I'll need some PS looks to form a FF opinion of him, but if recent history is any indicator..I'll stay away.

I'm pretty sure Henry put up 1200+ yds & 7 TDs in 13 starts last year. The guy has a pretty solid track record when given the chance to start. Now he's starting for the DEN running game.

#11 might be low.

Care to explain that comment? Or is it just a "feeling"? :D

I really just think that the Saints were playing over there heads last year. Ever year or so there is a team that comes from out of nowhere and makes the playoffs, only to regress the following year. It also seems to happen more often in the NFC South. While Joe Horn only played in ten games last year, I do beleive that he was the unquestioned leader of the team... Er, maybe the heart and soul of the team. I think his absense is going to hurt the team overall, and im not sure that Colston is ready to step up and have all of the pressures on him. I still think he's going to be a very good player, and will put up some nice numbers, but a lot of the numbers i've seen projected for him are a bit too high.

2 words:

1) Injuries

2) Betts

Gore, Westbrook, Henry, McGahee, Brown, Maroney, Benson, and Duece all have injury concerns, so you must be in the crowd that beleives Betts to take away a serious amount of touches, which I think is insane.

Henry-Injury concerns in the past, I think he caught lightning in a bottle last year. To beleive that Shanny is going to go Henry all the time is insane. Mike Bell will get touches and plenty of them... If not him, then some other shmuck they'll find walking down the street. Its Shannahan. Its what he does.

McGahee-You did mention injury concerns, right? This guy gets hurt sneezing. He ran for what, 940 yards last year? He's never played a full 16 game season, and the past two seasons has put up an amazing 3.8 a carry. You can say it was Buffalo, but after watching a lot of games, I think it has to do more with McGahee. I also don't think Baltimores line is anything scary. Ogden is on his last wheel, Grubbs is a rook, and they're replacing a few guys as well.

Ronnie Brown-Injury risk, on average misses 3 games a year. I think they drafted Booker to play on third downs. While I do like Ronnie Brown, I think the guy who is a proven stud in Portis deserves to be rated above this guy.

Maroney- See above. I like him a lot, but his injuries last year, and his shoulders this off season...

Edge-Anyone who watches the Cards last year will tell you two things about there offense. There line sucked last year, which they're working on with Brown and the new coaching staff, and that Edge is slow as molasses, and saw his goalline touches disappear with Marcell Ship. I think Edge has worn down. A lot.

Duece-Everyone seems to think he's going to take a step back to Bush, who they have ranked in the top 10. I think Portis has a lot more talent than Duece, and I'd be a lot less worried about Betts than Bush, who you know will take a lot of touches.

Benson-Whatever happened to doing something before a guy gets a grade this high? If we're talking injuries, this guy is a piece of anqiuque china. Every opportunity he gets, he gets dinged up.

Jones-Drew-I want to make a case here, because I really don't like MJD, but I cant...

T JonesWashington is going to get a lot of third down work, and I beleive Portis to be a lot higher talent than Jones.

M Barber-Asinine. The most this guy has ever carried a ball is 138 times. Was basically a glorified redzone back. Even the Dallas media thinks they'll be in trouble if they try to have him carry a full load. He's best suited in the role he's in now. I'm really confused as to why they would put a guy who is still in the middle of a RBBC in front or Portis, or Brandon Jacobs...

I think a lot people forget that Portis as far as talent alone goes, is a top 5 runningback in the league. I think we're also forgetting that going into drafts last year he was a top four pick. If he hadnt of gotten hurt trying to make a tackle, then rush himself back from injury he'd still be there. I really hope everyone has him this low, because im sure to have him on my team in every league im in.

I really just think that the Saints were playing over there heads last year. Ever year or so there is a team that comes from out of nowhere and makes the playoffs, only to regress the following year. It also seems to happen more often in the NFC South. While Joe Horn only played in ten games last year, I do beleive that he was the unquestioned leader of the team... Er, maybe the heart and soul of the team. I think his absense is going to hurt the team overall, and im not sure that Colston is ready to step up and have all of the pressures on him. I still think he's going to be a very good player, and will put up some nice numbers, but a lot of the numbers i've seen projected for him are a bit too high.

:D

I guess it's just a "feeling," then. :D

Colston has a lot going for him, and he's still young. If anything, I think the Saints' offseason changes will improve his numbers.

:D

I guess it's just a "feeling," then. :D

Colston has a lot going for him, and he's still young. If anything, I think the Saints' offseason changes will improve his numbers.

Isnt that we're all doing?

I think more attention giving to him by opposing defenses could put more pressure on him, but who knows.

I don't think he's going to have a bad year at all, I just don't think he's a WR1... Yet...

you must be in the crowd that beleives Betts to take away a serious amount of touches, which I think is insane.

Let's see. Betts filled in when portis was hurt last year. The result? A ypc as the featured RB of 14.4% better than Portis', and a ypr 17.6% better than Portis'. Before that, Betts was closing in on 100 carries in each of the two previous years that Portis was there. HCs are all about production. Betts showed that he can be more productive than Portis in the same role. Why would it be insane to get him on the field more? Add to that Gibbs already having stated that Betts is going to get more work.

Henry-Injury concerns in the past, I think he caught lightning in a bottle last year. To beleive that Shanny is going to go Henry all the time is insane. Mike Bell will get touches and plenty of them... If not him, then some other shmuck they'll find walking down the street. Its Shannahan. Its what he does.

Henry caught lightening in a bottle? He put up 1189 yds rushing in 13 games last year in TEN when he was finally given the featured role. He put up 1356 yds rushing in 15 games and 1438 yds rushing in 16 games when he was the featured RB in BUF. And let's understand, this wasn't rushing for offensive powerhouse DEN, this was for a TEN team that finished #27 in total O last season, and for BUF teams that finished 21st & 28th in rushing. Every time he's been given the opportunity to be the featured RB, he's stepped up to the plate & excelled. Now he's going to the state-of-the-art rushing attack in the NFL, for a HC who rides a stud RB hard if he has one in his stable. It's been documented plenty of times before that Shanahan only goes to a RBBC when he is forced to by a lack of featured talent in his backfield - and then he still gets DEN into the top 10 in rushing yds.

For a guy who uses insane to describe others' opinions a lot, you sure don't apply a whole lot of logic at times...

Edited by Bronco Billy

Let's see. Betts filled in when portis was hurt last year. The result? A ypc as the featured RB of 14.4% better than Portis', and a ypr 17.6% better than Portis'. Before that, Betts was closing in on 100 carries in each of the two previous years that Portis was there. HCs are all about production. Betts showed that he can be more productive than Portis in the same role. Why would it be insane to get him on the field more? Add to that Gibbs already having stated that Betts is going to get more work.

Henry caught lightening in a bottle? He put up 1189 yds rushing in 13 games last year in TEN when he was finally given the featured role. He put up 1356 yds rushing in 15 games and 1438 yds rushing in 16 games when he was the featured RB in BUF. And let's understand, this wasn't rushing for offensive powerhouse DEN, this was for a TEN team that finished #27 in total O last season, and for BUF teams that finished 21st & 28th in rushing. Every time he's been given the opportunity to be the featured RB, he's stepped up to the plate & excelled. Now he's going to the state-of-the-art rushing attack in the NFL, for a HC who rides a stud RB hard if he has one in his stable. It's been documented plenty of times before that Shanahan only goes to a RBBC when he is forced to by a lack of featured talent in his backfield - and then he still gets DEN into the top 10 in rushing yds.

For a guy who uses insane to describe others' opinions a lot, you sure don't apply a whole lot of logic at times...

I like Henry.

Street and Smiths FF Report

RB

1 LT2

2 LJ

3 SJax

4 Gore

5 BWest

6 Willie

7 Addai

8 Rudi

9 SA

10 Bush

11Maroney

12 Portis

13 MJD

14 Edge

15 R Brown

WR

1 CJ

2 Smitty

3 Wayne

4 Holt

5 Harrison

6 TO

7 Housh

8 Walker

9 Fitz

10 DD

11 Evans

12 Roy Williams

13 AB

14 Colston

15 Andre Johnson

QB

1 Manning

2 Brady

3 Palmer

4 Brees

5 Bulger

6 Vick

7 Kitna

8 VYoung

9 Romo

10 McNappy

11 Big Ben

12 Eli

13 Lienart

14 Rivers

15 Hass

TE

1 Gates

2 Gonzo

3 Shockey(I'd give Shockey the #2 and Heap#4 and Gonzo #4)

4 Heap

5 Da Soldja

6 Crump

7 Cooley

8 Witten

9 LJ

10 Miller

11 VD

12 Watson

13 D Clark

14 Daniel Owens

15 Desmond Clark

M Barber-Asinine. The most this guy has ever carried a ball is 138 times. Was basically a glorified redzone back. Even the Dallas media thinks they'll be in trouble if they try to have him carry a full load. He's best suited in the role he's in now. I'm really confused as to why they would put a guy who is still in the middle of a RBBC in front or Portis, or Brandon Jacobs...

Barber is more of a complete back than Brandon Jacobs. Which of these two is the glorified redzone back?