[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Instant Karma

Egret

New tribute CD with proceeds going towards the problems in Darfur. I've gotta think Lennon would've liked something like this. There's some pretty good tracks on here from what I've heard.

Instant Karma - U2

Working Class Hero - Green Day

Avril Lavigne sings Imagine :D I'd pay extra not to have that version on my CD. Jack Johnson also sings a version on the disc too.

I'll be picking this up on Tuesday. I can't remember the last CD I bought the day it came out.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Genocyde maybe? Millions of men, women and children have died there. The same is going on in Uganda. I guess you don't care because its not in your backyard... Prick.

I dont know any of those people so why should I care? And since you are sooo concerned about them, what exactly have you done?

:D:D:tup::doh::D:D:clap::clap::clap::clap:

The Green Day and REM cuts, Brilliant

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

And to answer Spain's Question:

To prove that we are indeed the country we claim to be. This is where we should of made our stand, not Iraq. This is where we were truely needed.

But like Afganistan, there is no oil.....

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy

I dont know any of those people so why should I care? And since you are sooo concerned about them, what exactly have you done?

You should care because its another human being. And as far as what I have done...

Im in a band that draws a pretty nice size crowd everytime we play. At our last show we donated 5 bucks a person for every person that came out. We donated well over 400 bucks to invisible children. On top of that I donate at least 50 bucks a month to that organization.

You need to quit being so damn selfish. To say you don't know any of those people is pathetic. Are you saying that you only care about those people that you know by name? The world is a lot bigger than your neighborhood. If we don't care, who will?

Have some compassion.

You should care because its another human being. And as far as what I have done...

Im in a band that draws a pretty nice size crowd everytime we play. At our last show we donated 5 bucks a person for every person that came out. We donated well over 400 bucks to invisible children. On top of that I donate at least 50 bucks a month to that organization.

You need to quit being so damn selfish. To say you don't know any of those people is pathetic. Are you saying that you only care about those people that you know by name? The world is a lot bigger than your neighborhood. If we don't care, who will?

Have some compassion.

How can I care about people that I dont know? Seriously. Some dude gets killed in a car wreck in Mexico tonight, its just another dead Mexican to me. I dont know him or his family. I never will. So, its pretty hard for me to get too worked up over it. A civil war going on in some foreign land? How is that my responsibility? Did they come support my ancestors in their fight to throw off the oppressive yolk of the federal gobment? Uh, no, they didnt. I dont even know what those Sudanese are fighting about. Nor do I care. Now, although I didnt know Barabaro personally, I did get pretty upset when he was sent over to the Elmers factory in Shebogan. Mike Vicks dogs? Not so much. Compassion is a personal thing and I might feel compassion for things you dont and vice versa. So, dont tell me how I should think and feel Mr Political Correctness.

How can I care about people that I dont know? Seriously. Some dude gets killed in a car wreck in Mexico tonight, its just another dead Mexican to me. I dont know him or his family. I never will. So, its pretty hard for me to get too worked up over it. A civil war going on in some foreign land? How is that my responsibility? Did they come support my ancestors in their fight to throw off the oppressive yolk of the federal gobment? Uh, no, they didnt. I dont even know what those Sudanese are fighting about. Nor do I care. Now, although I didnt know Barabaro personally, I did get pretty upset when he was sent over to the Elmers factory in Shebogan. Mike Vicks dogs? Not so much. Compassion is a personal thing and I might feel compassion for things you dont and vice versa. So, dont tell me how I should think and feel Mr Political Correctness.

Wow... Comparing human life to a horse and dogs... You really are a prick. Return back your world of ignorance.

Wow... Comparing human life to a horse and dogs... You really are a prick. Return back your world of ignorance.

How is it that I care so deeply for animals and yet am somehow a prick? I say you are the prick for having no feeling for euthanized Kentucky Derby winners. Look, The Sudan is just another in a long line of f'ed up countries in Africa. After this "crises", there will be another. And another. And another. Just like there have been others before. And all the p.c. feel good "Live Aid" and Bono tours wont change it. But hey, right now Sudan is the "cause dejour". I would prefer not to get involved in another white guilt ridden leftist hippie party. You want to help Africa? Why dont you go smoke some Josh Gordon and protest Robert Mugabe. You think the Sudanese gobment is bad, he makes them look benevolent. But since he is a leftist, he isnt on the liberal do-gooders radar.

Have some compassion.

Look, I'm sympathetic but just throwing money over there is not going to help anything. Much like the middle east, there are thousands of years of cultural hatred that a couple million $$$ of rice and oatmeal isn't going to fix. The only way change will ever come to Africa is if a dedicated program of education and enlightenment is started on, knowing that it will take generations for it to bear fruit. Also, the issues and tribal factions aren't bound by the arbitrary boundaries drawn by the European governments during the "Great Game". Without some type of regional or cultural focus to the solutions any money spent there is money thrown away.

Christina Aguilera sounds a bit like Chrissy Hynde on that track.

And the pic that comes up on youtube when the song is playing would indicate that Ms. Aguilera has an enormous rack.

Look, I'm sympathetic but just throwing money over there is not going to help anything. Much like the middle east, there are thousands of years of cultural hatred that a couple million $$$ of rice and oatmeal isn't going to fix. The only way change will ever come to Africa is if a dedicated program of education and enlightenment is started on, knowing that it will take generations for it to bear fruit. Also, the issues and tribal factions aren't bound by the arbitrary boundaries drawn by the European governments during the "Great Game". Without some type of regional or cultural focus to the solutions any money spent there is money thrown away.

+1. The only thing that can pull Africa out of it's mire is Africa.

+1. The only thing that can pull Africa out of it's mire is Africa.

+2 All these feel good campaigns we have had over the years to help them, havent done a dam thing. And the World Bank et al just continue to fund corrupt and brutal dictatorships. I dont think we should enable these regimes to thrive but continuing to throw money down a black hole.

Part of being human is to care for other humans. Who are suffering , whether you know them or not

I thought spain was fishing in this thread at first but now I am not so sure

Many parts of africa are in desparation and turmoil ...children born there in tragic areas can not help themselves and adults not faring much better to say the least

Bottom line is we should care and try to help imho

Part of being human is to care for other humans. Who are suffering , whether you know them or not

Many parts of africa are in desparation and turmoil ...children born there in tragic areas can not help themselves and adults not faring much better to say the least

Should we intercede in the civil war in The Sudan? How about Somalia? What should we do in Uganda? There is no end to the suffering on that continent. Throwing more money at them hasnt helped for the past 50 years. I dont know why anyone would think it will help now...

OK, let me ask you this. Let's say that I give x dollars to some relief organization and that moeny goes to food. So in a perfect scenario, all of those dollars actually make it to kids in the form of food. These kids grow up to the nice healthy age of 10 when their village is invaded, their parents are killed and they have to find some way to survive. By the time they're 14 they can field strip and clean an AK-47 faster than I can and are adept at perpetuating the cycle of violence and hate.

Have I really helped anyone by donating this money?

OK, let me ask you this. Let's say that I give x dollars to some relief organization and that moeny goes to food. So in a perfect scenario, all of those dollars actually make it to kids in the form of food. These kids grow up to the nice healthy age of 10 when their village is invaded, their parents are killed and they have to find some way to survive. By the time they're 14 they can field strip and clean an AK-47 faster than I can and are adept at perpetuating the cycle of violence and hate.

Have I really helped anyone by donating this money?

Is that what happens ?? 100 percent of the time and 100 percent of the children there ...not a chance but if that is the way you view it then hold onto your money

Should we intercede in the civil war in The Sudan? How about Somalia? What should we do in Uganda? There is no end to the suffering on that continent. Throwing more money at them hasnt helped for the past 50 years. I dont know why anyone would think it will help now...

To answer your question , yes ...yes we should help whether its sudan , somalia , or darfur ...if you can help one person ( no one is asking any individual to help out one million people at one time ) , help one person get enough food , or support or medicine and have a chance to live and have a future is it not worth it ?? Does it matter if you do not know them ? ..ithey are human and if you were their position , wouldn't you want the help ?

One person at a time is not asking for too much imo

Is that what happens ?? 100 percent of the time and 100 percent of the children there ...not a chance but if that is the way you view it then hold onto your money

No, not 100% of the time. But you can't tell me that 100% of the food bought makes it to those starving folks either. Much of it gets "appropriated" by militant groups. If you want to do "some good" then give your money to organizations that work towards education, not just shoveling food over there. It doesn't help in the long run any other way.