[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sopranos are on in about 7 minutes.

Skippy

How do you end a show like the Soprano's Like that :D

On the contrary it was the logical if not perfect ending since the show has sucked for at least the past year. They saved the ultimate in suckiness for last.

At least the music at the end was a vast improvement :D

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spending 5 minutes on a new character, and that character being a cat, was stupid. Meadow's driving is like tootie's comedy, poor.

Could have done without the scene with Junior, and the scene with Janice. The sit down was rushed and choppy.

Terrible ending.

The penultimate scene with Junior was absolutely key. Did he remember running north jersey? No. What did it all mean? What was it all for? Nothing. Disappointment.

What was Tony's life? Anxiety, fear ... and disappointment. And, there you have the end of the show. You may feel you've earned a payoff or have been promised a payoff, but if you want a payoff, you have to make it up. Otherwise, it ain't there. We have to tell ourselves everyday to "Don't stop believin'" because it's all a lie.

Even if the screen going black was Tony getting shot since Bobby said "you probably won't even hear it", that was a cop out ending.

Chase probably wants to leave it open as a backup plan for a Sopranos movie when his next project tanks.

i agree that it was foreshadowed by the flashback in the previous episode. david chase said he's known how the show was going to end from the very beginning, so the only thing that makes sense to me is he got clipped and never heard a thing.

anyways, i know most people are outraged at how the show ended. i was just thinking... if you think the ending to the sopranos sucked, just wait till you die.

The penultimate scene with Junior was absolutely key. Did he remember running north jersey? No. What did it all mean? What was it all for? Nothing. Disappointment.

I'm surprised at people's reactions....I thought the ending was fantastic and hilarious and totally spot on. Nothing happens. It ends.

What was Tony's life? Anxiety, fear ... and disappointment. And, there you have the end of the show. You may feel you've earned a payoff or have been promised a payoff, but if you want a payoff, you have to make it up. Otherwise, it ain't there. We have to tell ourselves everyday to "Don't stop believin'" because it's all a lie.

:D I would have rather heard the Heart song, but OK, I'll go along with that..... :D

Edited by godtomsatan

I'm surprised at people's reactions....I thought the ending was fantastic and hilarious and totally spot on. Nothing happens. It ends.

i enjoyed it. i thought it was one of the funnier episodes in a while, and i loved how chase kept throwing stuff in there to make you think something hugh was gonna happen: the guy walking through the front door of the safehouse instead of using the back door; paulie walking into an ominously empty bada bing; a.j. and his girlfriend in the car in the woods; tony's lawyer repeatedly glancing at the closed-circuit monitors with tony at the bing; and the end, when it seemed everyone who walked into the diner was gonna pop tony (i even thought the guy in the member's only jacket was gonna grab a gun from behind the toilet in the men's room). when there WAS violence (phil getting whacked), it was quick and without warning, just like it has been for most of the series.

i don't think they were setting it up for a movie at all. chase has said all along he has known how it would end. tony can't stop talking about his mother, even to his kid's shrink; carmela goes back to her spec homes; meadow snags a rich husband and probably settles for becoming carmela; a.j. decides to help the environment and fight terrorism by getting a car that gets 23 mpg highway and a mindless job; paulie tries to stand up to tony but ends up doing what he says; janice gets to be dramatic. show's over. life goes on.

I felt they did a good job showing what the future may hold for the remaining characters. That being said, I don't like the fact that there wasn't any real closure to the show as it left me feeling that there is more story to tell. The abrupt ending was really the only thing that disappointed me about the final episode. Even if they had all just sat down as a family for the final moment, I wouldn't have minded as much. But Meadow running into the restaurant, Tony looking up, and it's over. What the hell!!!!

Edited by Dirty Sanchez

I have a poster from The Godfather in my game room and Brando is holding cat(black and white pic but the cat looks just like the one from this episode)...was it just coincidence or did chase have a reason?

In a way, this ending makes sense. Even though there wasn't any closure to any story line other than Phil, it really ended where it all began and life goes on for the Soprano's. Does it work? yeah. Was I thrilled? Not so much.

Check this out about the Sopranos:

So apparently in the rolling credits, the guy sitting at the counter at the restaurant is listed as phil leotardo's son and the two guys walking in at the end are the same guys that uncle junior and tony's mom hired when they tried to hit tony a couple seasons ago.

:D

Interesting, Twilley...

And, what was the deal with the FBI agent who responded with "We're gonna win!" when told that Phil died, only to get a glare from an associate, and then have the look on his face change to look like he just found out he ate his dog?

Interesting, Twilley...

And, what was the deal with the FBI agent who responded with "We're gonna win!" when told that Phil died, only to get a glare from an associate, and then have the look on his face change to look like he just found out he ate his dog?

The fact that he slept with another agent to get info on where Phil was to Tony was hilarious, too. The bed still had the wet spot in it when he called Tony to tell him. She wasn't pleased at being used like that. Even the "good guys" are corrupted.

Really, even when everyone in the world is "bad," we still pick someone and root for him. That's what Harrison did, and it's what we as an audience did, too. Not unlike how many of us choose who to vote for, either, especially in presidential elections.

The more I think about the ending, the more I love it. With everyone predicting different outcomes, Chase managed to write the one ending no one predicted -- and yet was completely in line with everything else about the series. The last laugh belonged to Chase.

i'm wondering if anyone else noticed this last night: when janice visits junior, she says, "it's janice, your daughter." then she calls him "uncle junior." i rewound it and she definitely says it. not that it's any big deal, but it was weird, like they goofed.

Interesting, Twilley...

I have to double check back in the Mafia book I have been reading, but, in the early 80's one of the families was having an internal war. I believe it was the Colombo's, but must check. Anyway, the FBI agent that was the lead of the Colombo team actually said this once he was informed of a couple of soldiers from one side being whacked (he "liked" the other guys a bit better or something). Let me look it up and I will repost the specifics.

Check this out about the Sopranos:

So apparently in the rolling credits, the guy sitting at the counter at the restaurant is listed as phil leotardo's son and the two guys walking in at the end are the same guys that uncle junior and tony's mom hired when they tried to hit tony a couple seasons ago.

:D

Hmm.. heard on the radio today someone mention that that guy looked a lot like Phil's cousin that was on screen for a few minutes a few episodes back.

ANd the fade to black, just like what Tony and Bobby were talking about on the boat-- you don't hear anything and then boom.. it is all black.

i'm wondering if anyone else noticed this last night: when janice visits junior, she says, "it's janice, your daughter." then she calls him "uncle junior." i rewound it and she definitely says it. not that it's any big deal, but it was weird, like they goofed.

Either that, or Janice really is Uncle Junior's daughter and that's how we found out about it...

I watched it for the first two years, but dropped HBO and haven't really missed the show... I still know the characters and read up on what was going on, but I think it lost its appeal in recent seasons and sounds like the screwed the pooch with the end leaving its fans wanted a lot more than they delivered last night.

I know many people were planning to watch the finale of The Sopranos first and the 2nd half of the NBA Finals and both were very dissappointing. Cleveland doesn't even have a chance against the Spurs. :D The Cavs may pull out one game, but this one is already done as the Cavs haven't even been close.

I actually liked the ending. Like any great show, it left you wanting more. And the reason we didnt like the ending, is we didnt get more. Phil getting whacked was great. The cat and Paulie was great, and the final scene had us on the edge of our seat. Screen turns black, and lets you use your imagination on how it all ends. I loved it.

Either that, or Janice really is Uncle Junior's daughter and that's how we found out about it...

my wife just told me she was thinking about this last night, and she thinks it was janice's way of trying to get money from junior. right after that scene, the guy who was with junior goes to tony and tells him janice was there. maybe janice was trying to confuse the old guy into giving her money by pretending to be his daughter. it would make sense.