[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Soprano's

isleseeya

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I reading this right?

i think everyone else missed it but I think you uncovered a slip up by chase...if you read that sentence it certainly does imply that tony was NOT killed in the finale

Another problem with a movie is that so many characters died in the last season. Chase said he has considered "going back to a day in 2006 that you didn't see, but then (Tony's children) would be older than they were then and you would know that Tony doesn't get killed. It's got problems."

how does going back to 2006 tell you that "TONY DOESN'T GET KILLED."

Edited by keggerz

i think everyone else missed it but I think you uncovered a slip up by chase...if you read that sentence it certainly does imply that tony was NOT killed in the finale

That's because he actually dies when Junior shot him, and all of this has been a purgatory/come sequence for him.

James Gandolfini has already said that he will not make a movie and will not reprise the role.

Regarding a movie, I'm quite sure that if Gandolfini and Chase need a few bucks in a few years, a movie is a distinct possibility, despite what anyone say now.

I don't know if Gandolfini knows what the words "type cast" mean...

We'll see if he would turn down the role in a few years from now.

I don't know if Gandolfini knows what the words "type cast" mean...

We'll see if he would turn down the role in a few years from now.

I thought he was good in that Robert Redford military prison flick (Castle something, blanking on the name) and he wasn't playing a mobster there.

That's not how I read his quote at all.

Chase's intention was to be ambiguous. That's why it would be bad if the views "knew" anything... whether he was alive or dead.

After reading all of the rumors on the internet, and all of them being untrue when I watched again and investigated more:

- Tony sees himself as he is wearing two shirts - False, he was wearing a jacket over the shirt when he goes in

- The guy in the Member's Only jacket is the brother/cousin of Phil Leotardo - False, the actor was never

on any show before.

- The African Americans that came in were the guys who botched the hit on Tony previosuly. - False, the

actors were never in another episode.

- The trucker with the USA hat is the Sporting Goods owner who Tony ruined his life due to his gambling debt.

False - the actor was never in another episode.

- Janice is seen at the bar, indicating that Meadow will see her Father die just like Janice did. False - chick

looks nothing like her.

So, basically, David Chase is letting this completely to the viewer to decide. Did all go black, as was referenced in Tony's flashback the previous episode by Bobby, who said that when you die, it all just goes black, no sound, nothing, or did things carry on as usual. You create your own version.

My version is that Tony was going to try to enjoy as much time as he could with his family. He knew that a hit on him could come at any time, and even if it didn't it was looking very probable that he was going to be indited by Carlo. In my version, he makes it out of the Diner alive, but, who knows.

Chase was actually pretty smart. He leaves the door open, in case he wants to do a movie in the future. Even if in Chase's mind, Tony died in that Diner, if there is money to be made in the future, he could easily change that fate for Tony.

Anyway, I'm really going to miss the Sopranons on Sunday Night. Great show. :D

I think Chase was running on empty for a long time now. This series took a turn for the worst two seasons ago. This thing was supposed to end then HBO talke Chase into more episodes. Chase was out of gas and has been, IMO. Now he achieved something great and that is all of us talking about what happened and NO ONE knowing what really happened. Chase didn't clear it up either. He said that it was all right there or something like that. :D

Now if you really want to know what happened scroll down because I am 100% sure that I have it nailed down.

All most there. I don't want to ruin it for anyone that doesn't really want to know.

As I think someone else has mentioned, there were actually a few more scenes at the very end that they ended up editing out, so maybe that's the only reason why it ends so abruptly. I don't know why they were edited out or what more they would have shown.

I think everyone is overanalyzing the whole thing. The past few seasons, Chase has obviously run out of good ideas. Now it's obvious that he didn't even have a good ending in mind. I don't think Chase is even clever enough to think of the scenarios that everyone is coming up with. He just couldn't come up with a good ending, so he decided to cut the last episode short with a cliffhanger ending leaving everything to your imagination. God knows he doesn't have one!