[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Ticket

skylive5

I don't watch a damned thing!

Just follow it on the net...no obnoxious commercials every 5-10 minutes, no feeling of being taken advantage of by sunday ticket nor supporting this ego that the league has. F-U-C-K em!

Edited by Crazysight

I've always had the Sunday Ticket, but after trying stream tv last year, methinks I'm going to cancelling.

Just can't see paying $229.00 for the Sunday Ticket & another $99.00 for the Super, Fan when I can get all the games via my PC with video out card hooked up to my 52" TV for only $11.99

Sure I'll only get cable or over air games in HD, but for the rest of the games, you can't beat $11.99 ~ vs ~ $328.00

Did that look ok? Isn't the signal heavily compressed when it streams?

I'd imagine it's only like 1/4 standard def resolution...

Picture perfect? No.

More than adequate for $300.00+ less? Yes

I've spent $225 and had a whole lot less to show for it that an entire season's worth of football games at my fingertips. It ain't cheap, nor is it a necessity. But they way I figure it, I used to spend more than that on cigarettes on an annual basis. And I've got no problem justifying the Ticket as my continued reward for not smoking.

Question - how many of us would be DirecTV subsc. if it wasn't for the ticket? I wouldn't - for what I have, way too much money, and I tell that to every competitor that calls me - get the NFL, I'll switch

However, agree with the majority - I'd have paid $500 for it starting a 10 years ago. 5% increase a year for inflation and improvements...

Being in marketing with a specialty in pricing, they'll keep upping it till they get less signups then the year before (that's free market economics) and then measure it all out.

Yes, I wish it was cheaper, but also wish gas was $1.50 a gallon....(and considering at this point, for 5 tanks of gas I get to watch any game I want, Tivo those I miss, and see every Eagles play of the season...going to be a bargain forever)

Just called and said "I would like to cancel my NFL Ticket subscription". Dude asked me if I had a problem with the service. I responded with

"No - it is just getting to be too expensive when the price keeps going up year after year"

Dude says "Can you hold for a couple minutes while I check into this"

I figure he is asking permission to offer some deal.

he comes back and says "OK that is taken care of. Anything else I can do for you?"

Doh!!!!!!!

Just called and said "I would like to cancel my NFL Ticket subscription". Dude asked me if I had a problem with the service. I responded with

"No - it is just getting to be too expensive when the price keeps going up year after year"

Dude says "Can you hold for a couple minutes while I check into this"

I figure he is asking permission to offer some deal.

he comes back and says "OK that is taken care of. Anything else I can do for you?"

Doh!!!!!!!

Call back, and say you want to go to the cancellation department. The only reason you signed up for Direct TV was for NFL SUnday Ticket, and now you've cancelled that. They will hook you up. Last yr I got it for 199.00 and got 6 months of HBO free, which saved me $10 a month, as I was already paying for HBO.

Question - how many of us would be DirecTV subsc. if it wasn't for the ticket? I wouldn't - for what I have, way too much money, and I tell that to every competitor that calls me - get the NFL, I'll switch

I would'nt be. I carry the cheapest package just so I can get the ticket every year. I asked about just ordering the ticket every August without a regular subscription and they said I had to have a channel package in order to get Ticket. Thats an annual cost of $350 to Watch NFL Ticket every year if you count the monthly subscription. It's that or stomach having to watch every Bears game. Puke!!

Edited by goose228

The NFL is going way overboard on the costs of all of this. Its my way of flinging poo in their face.

Though i'm sure 9,000 people signed up for NFL direct ticket the day I cancelled mine so it doesn't really matter to them.....but still...VIVA LA CLIAZ!

VIVA LA CLIAZ!!!!!!!!!! :tup:

Actualy I did the same. :D

we'll see...... :D