[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Comcast and the NFL Network

Skilly

This is step 1.

Step 2 is NFL Network's viewership going in the toilet.

Step 3 is them lowering their cost to cable companies.

yuup...NFL Network is the one charging Comcast too much money to offer the channel..

all Comcast is doing is showing them how much their channel is really worth...

I love the idea of an NFL channel that is 24/7....but at what price?...

I'll let the NFL Network find out what their value price is...

yuup...NFL Network is the one charging Comcast too much money to offer the channel..

all Comcast is doing is showing them how much their channel is really worth...

I love the idea of an NFL channel that is 24/7....but at what price?...

I'll let the NFL Network find out what their value price is...

Or maybe you should make the switch to DirectTV...

Its free here...

Comcast aired the NFL Network's live Thursday game broadcasts last season on one of their other HD channels for free, I think it was InHD. Aside from the games, I don't care if I get the NFL Network, you can only watch reruns of NFL total access so long. Heck, if Bryant Gumbel stays on the play-by-play, I don't really care if I get the NFL network games either, it would be a lot less aggravation.

The novelty of a 24/7 football network has worn off for me. I get my NFL news from the internet or my Sirius radio, which I have in my office.

Maybe I'll call COMCAST around the middle of November and ask for the package, pay for it for a month or two, and then drop it. I'll admit that last year, the high def version of the games was sensational. I think we could ALL do without Bryant Gumble, however.

I'm almost with you Skilly, I do find the training camp shows to be extremely helpful. That's how I knew to grab MJD as soon as he has his first big game. Other than that, I concur it has lost its "new car smell".

1) what everyone else said

2) Enough with the same commercials 150 times a day.

3) PLAY MORE HISTORICAL GAMES, WE DONT NEED FANCY ANALYSIS, THE ORIGINAL WILL DO NICELY

ahem

Edited by TheDude

• 4 weeks later...

The NFL Network sued Comcast and lost:

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/faq_comcast

They are still going after them to try and make it free.

6. What can I do if I disagree with Comcast's decision to put NFL Network on their Sports Entertainment package?

Call Comcast at 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278) and tell them you want NFL Network kept in your current cable package or you expect them to rebate you for NFL Network. Tell them you don't want to pay approximately $5 more per month to get NFL Network and their Sports Entertainment package. NFL Network is available as part of the basic package of networks on Dish Network (1-888-825-2557) and DIRECTV (1-888-777-2454). Call and switch today.

Nothing like telling people to drop Comcast :D

Edited by Outshined

The NFL Network sued Comcast and lost:

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/faq_comcast

They are still going after them to try and make it free.

Nothing like telling people to drop Comcast :D

NFL Nework showed up on Comcast in my area completely unannounced a few weeks ago. Since I have the sports package anyway, I guess that's why I'm not paying for it.

My wife called about a week ago and was told that Comcast has recieved so many calls about them dropping nfl network from the previous package they're giving customers that had nfl network last year the sports package (that includes nfl network) for $.99 a month for a year.

How's that for a run on sentence?

Correct, Howbout.

I was going to cancel my HBO (since most of the reason I had it was for the Sopranos), and get the Sports package so I could view the NFL Network. I called, and they informed me that for the 1st year, they could give me the Sports Upgrade/NFL Network for 99 cents.

I took it...and still cancelled my HBO.