[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chad or Fitz?

10-team keeper league, no PPR. WRs get 6 pts for TDs, 1 pt for every 10 yards.

We are allowed to keep 3 players from our current roster, but no more than 1 player from any one position.

I am set at QB (Brees) and RB (SJax), but I have to decide between Chad or Fitz at WR, and I am completely baffled. Most rankings I have seen have Chad a smidge higher than Fitz this season, but Fitz could be a cornerstone WR for the next 4-6 years on my roster. How many years does Chad have left a tthe top of his game?

Or, do I keep Chad this year, knowing I can draft another future top-5 WR either this year or next?

TIA

I love Fitz, but if CJ can beat a horse he can beat out Fitz for your last spot.

I would try to trade Fitz. There is probably a team out there that could use him and since you would have to drop him anyways you might as well try to get something in return for him.

I would try to trade Fitz. There is probably a team out there that could use him and since you would have to drop him anyways you might as well try to get something in return for him.

Thanks guys..i too was leaning on CJ, but would hate for fitz to finally have the career-year everyone has been expecting the last couple.

Interestingly, the value a WR garners in a keeper league like this is pretty low. As there are only 10 teams, some of the other probable keepers are:

Smith

Holt

Harrison

Boldin

Colston

CJ (mine)

Wayne

Burress

Owens

Gates (you can keep a TE instead of a WR, if you choose).

Tried to get some interest from the Colston and Burress owners, but neither offered anything worthwhile...didn't feel there was enough upside with Fitz over what they already had to warrant giving up anything more than a 7th or 8th round swap of picks.

Thanks guys..i too was leaning on CJ, but would hate for fitz to finally have the career-year everyone has been expecting the last couple.

Interestingly, the value a WR garners in a keeper league like this is pretty low. As there are only 10 teams, some of the other probable keepers are:

Smith

Holt

Harrison

Boldin

Colston

CJ (mine)

Wayne

Burress

Owens

Gates (you can keep a TE instead of a WR, if you choose).

Tried to get some interest from the Colston and Burress owners, but neither offered anything worthwhile...didn't feel there was enough upside with Fitz over what they already had to warrant giving up anything more than a 7th or 8th round swap of picks.

Hmm... trade Fitz flat out for a pick isn't a bad option, considering the alternative is to throw him back for nothing. Of course, the real cost is that it takes a valuable player out of the draft pool, making it less deep. Not sure where you pick, and if Fitz would be an option for you when you pick. But, assuming you are going to focus on a 2nd RB in the draft, it doesn't hurt you all that much to take whatever you can get for Fitz... it is a free pick essentially for you.

I'll throw this out there. SJax, CJ, and Fitz.

:D

10-team keeper league, no PPR. WRs get 6 pts for TDs, 1 pt for every 10 yards.

We are allowed to keep 3 players from our current roster, but no more than 1 player from any one position.

I am set at QB (Brees) and RB (SJax), but I have to decide between Chad or Fitz at WR

Hmm... trade Fitz flat out for a pick isn't a bad option, considering the alternative is to throw him back for nothing. Of course, the real cost is that it takes a valuable player out of the draft pool, making it less deep. Not sure where you pick, and if Fitz would be an option for you when you pick. But, assuming you are going to focus on a 2nd RB in the draft, it doesn't hurt you all that much to take whatever you can get for Fitz... it is a free pick essentially for you.

Excellent points, and yes, since I pick 6th, and the top 4 picks are no-brainer RBs, there is a chance that Fitz might be my guy at 1.06.

I have him as one of the Top-2 WRs available in the draft (asince all the keepers are off the board)/ The top RBs available will be Addai, Bush, Henry and McGahee (who I expect to be selected 1-4).

After that, its a wash of middle-tier RBs...Jones, Jones, Norwood, Jones-Drew, DeAngelo, Caddy, Benson, Lewis, etc. It is a crapshoot amongst all of them. I might snatch Fitz or Roy Williams with the 1.06, and take whatever RB is left of those mentioned above with my 2.04 pick.

My other point is this...why make another team better if I don't have to? Is the value I get for his 9th/10th round pick more than the fact that I am letting him pick-up Fitz for basically nothing? Part of me says "Put my opponent in a position where he has to spend an earlier-than-desired pick on a #1 WR to shore up his squad"...thus, letting some value fall my way.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

Excellent points, and yes, since I pick 6th, and the top 4 picks are no-brainer RBs, there is a chance that Fitz might be my guy at 1.06.

I have him as one of the Top-2 WRs available in the draft (asince all the keepers are off the board)/ The top RBs available will be Addai, Bush, Henry and McGahee (who I expect to be selected 1-4).

After that, its a wash of middle-tier RBs...Jones, Jones, Norwood, Jones-Drew, DeAngelo, Caddy, Benson, Lewis, etc. It is a crapshoot amongst all of them. I might snatch Fitz or Roy Williams with the 1.06, and take whatever RB is left of those mentioned above with my 2.04 pick.

My other point is this...why make another team better if I don't have to? Is the value I get for his 9th/10th round pick more than the fact that I am letting him pick-up Fitz for basically nothing? Part of me says "Put my opponent in a position where he has to spend an earlier-than-desired pick on a #1 WR to shore up his squad"...thus, letting some value fall my way.

Given the scenario you have laid out here, unless you get a semi-decent pick, say 6th round or higher which means you are completing your starting lineup before anyone else, or allows you to use an earlier pick on a key backup at RB at little to no cost to your overall depth, I would stand pat and not deal him. Once the offer is in the 5th-6th round range, I'd be tempted (more so if there was a 3rd WR that would be available that you really liked, meaning a for sure top 6 players available in your opinion with Fitz out of the picture), particularly if I felt I had good drafting skills and could maximize that extra earlier pick. If the offer got in the 4th or earlier range, then I think it is a no brainer deal.

ETA: - Same goes for CJ. Maybe an owner values one over the other by enough to make you a quality offer. You deal one for best offer if it meets your minimum requirement and keep the other.

Edited by Big Country