Sign in to follow this  
wiegie

Would you live your life differently if you found out that humanity would suddenly go extinct in 100 years?

Do I know how/why we're going extinct, or just that it's going to happen?

If we're simply going to simply go "poof" and cease to exist, that is different than say, a horrible disease will wipe 100% of the human population from the face of the planet over a 5 year period.

If the former, probably wouldn't change anything. If it's the latter, I probably wouldn't have kids.

This is my first thought. It wouldn't change my own life span, but the thought of my children (or theirs) suffering through -- whatever -- don't think I could do that.

Does anybody live their life now based on the extinction of humanity? Most people live on the basis of their own extinction. Do you base your job or buying a house on the extinction of mankind? When you laugh at the "Daily Show" is it based on the future of the world? Would you stop going to McDonalds' if you knew the world was going to end. Would you wonder if you should keep MoJo or TJ if you knew the world was going to end? The only thing I would do for sure is quit my job and hope the world ended before I got evicted. I like knowing what is going to happen, if you have any insight please let me know because I would hate for my obit to read " He died serving tagliolini".

This is my first thought. It wouldn't change my own life span, but the thought of my children (or theirs) suffering through -- whatever -- don't think I could do that.

me too. First thought.