Sign in to follow this  
dabuffbills

LaRon Landry misses start of minicamp...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvAV...ov=ap&type=lgns

ASHBURN, Va. (AP) -- A paintball shot in the groin left rookie LaRon Landry unable to practice when the Washington Redskins opened their minicamp Friday.

The No. 6 overall pick in this year's draft was injured during a team-building outing Wednesday, when coach Joe Gibbs allowed the players to leave early at the end of the voluntary spring workouts. Some players went bowling or had lunch together, while many of the defensive players went to play paintball.

"I didn't know paintball was that dangerous," linebacker Marcus Washington said. "I hope it wasn't friendly fire."

Landry was on the sidelines when practice began, but within minutes he left and began laboring slowly up the hill toward the team's main building, appearing to favor his left leg.

Gibbs said Landry should be fine after a couple of days' rest.

"It's kind of bizarre," Gibbs said. "Almost anything can happen in life, so every now and then something like that does happen."

I got shot in the back of the head from about 15-20 feet away. Let me tell you... it hurts in a bad way.

we once did paint balling as a team builder...later in the week we gave an award to the person with the most bruises/welts....someone shot our COO(luckily it wasnt me) right under his ear(jawline) and made him bleed bad

I got hit in the chest from 5-10 feet away and had a welt that lasted for a couple weeks.

I can't imagine what getting hit in the groin feels like :D

"I didn't know paintball was that dangerous," linebacker Marcus Washington said. "I hope it wasn't friendly fire."

:D

That's what you get walking around the woods half-cocked.

Edited by satelliteoflovegm

OWW!!! :D

Funny story though. Wonder who the wiseguy was that shot him.

My guess is that it was a fellow safety who saw his playing time cut when Landry was drafted.

Edited by The Wolf

My guess is that it was a fellow safety who saw his playing time cut when Landry was drafted.

If Archuletta hit him from Chicago that was an awfully accurate shot. :D