Sign in to follow this  
bstill

keeper trade

i get to keep 3 keepers a year and we lose the draft round that is associated with that guy we keep. my 3 keepers are alexander (1st rnd ) LJ ( 5th rd) and gore (7th rd). we only start 2 RB. anyone think i should trade shaun for someone like peyton or just go with the 3 i have and hope to get someone later in the draft. i am probably going to try to grab wr in the 2nd, 3rd rnds. thanks

i get to keep 3 keepers a year and we lose the draft round that is associated with that guy we keep. my 3 keepers are alexander (1st rnd ) LJ ( 5th rd) and gore (7th rd). we only start 2 RB. anyone think i should trade shaun for someone like peyton or just go with the 3 i have and hope to get someone later in the draft. i am probably going to try to grab wr in the 2nd, 3rd rnds. thanks

Honestly, I would trade Alexander for someone like Brees (who likely is a late round keeper) and a draft pick. This will free up your 1st round pick, you'd get an additional pick and a QB who is likely a late round keeper. Or shoot for a WR who has a later round tag. JMHO.

Storm brings up a good point. Trading for Peyton Manning would defeat the purpose of trading him and keeping a high pick. Try to get back as much as you can because Shaun is obviously worth a lot. You can do better and get some value with a lower priced quarterback or wide receiver.

I have to agree. if you are in need depth it is a good plan plus you might end up with sleeper rb or wr that pans out later in your draft..... good luck

I agree with everyone above. Trade Alexander as his keeper status hurts your draft. Like they said look for that WR or QB that has a low keeper value. It makes no sense to me to keep 3-RB's when you can only start two and every week you have those RB points on the bench. Depth is fine but if you don't have any injuries what good does it do you?

what about tom brady i have him and i believe he was a 6th rd pick. should i release alexander

what about tom brady i have him and i believe he was a 6th rd pick. should i release alexander

:D

No.

Trade Alexander for a stud at either QB or WR and a draft pick. If you can't get that from one of the other woners in the league, keep all 3 and draft your team as you normally would and wait for offers to roll in as we approach the season or have just entered it.

Someone will eventually come to you for RB help with a good trade offer. Don't feel a pressing need to make any deal before the draft even though it does enhance your draft. That value will still be there well after the draft is over.

trading for Brees and a semi-early pick is ideal here as you have a better shot at nabbing that 3rd RB that will save your hide down the stretch...

my best teams always usually have a strong rotation of 3 RB's and 2 dominant WR's...

add in a top QB and it's over...you'd have 3 and possibly 4 of those covered and then you can just focus on WR which seems like a crapshoot sometimes, but you'd have the groundwork laid for your team...

my best teams always usually have a strong rotation of 3 RB's and 2 dominant WR's...

:D

if i drop alexander i would get my 1st rnd pick back. if i trade him for brees, brees becomes my 1st. its a messed up system, we dont announce till draft day who is kept and who is available. if i kept LJ, GORE, and BRADY i will still have my 1st,2nd, 3rd, and 4th rnd picks. i believe i am 5th spot in 10 team draft.