[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Comcrap sucks!

rocknrobn26

:doh:

About 2 weeks ago I dumped AT&T and went w/ Comcast VOIP. It works well and the agent said my bill would only go up ~$8/ month for the first year. I get the bill and it's $70 more than she said. :D:tup:

I call them up last Tuesday and after about 2+ hours, 6 calls (3 disconnects and 1 re-route to the beginning of the queue), I get someone who "guarantees" me I will get a refund and the online bill will show the credit within 24 hours. By Thursday, no credit. 2 more calls and they said it will show up in another 24 hours. Yesterday, still no credit, the woman says it won't show for AT LEAST 1-3 billing cycles!!! I said if I bought something at a store and returned it, my CC would show the credit within 1-3 days, NOT CYCLES!! She said that is the company policy. I said your policy stinks and is a rip-off, as I pay w/ a credit card, and if I didn't pay off the balance I'd be paying interest charges for possibly 3 or more months. I'm thinking this is a great deal for Comcast, as if they do this to several thousand people, which I think is feasible, they have a pretty good scam working, collecting interest on monies not paid in a timely fashion. I also think they do this with the possibility that you'll forget or lose paperwork, and they make a tidy profit. Sorta like rebates.

I'm stuck w/ Comcrap. No other BB providers, the only phone alternative that at least initially is cheaper than Vonage, and if I went w/ Dish, I'd need 2 of them.

Did I mention they gave me a $40 credit on my May bill for several days in Mar/Apr I was w/o service and then added it back on my June bill? :D

Their customer service is the pits. If as Atomic said it's Gold compared to Qwest or Dish Network, then I can't fathom Qwest or Dish Network's CS.

The actual story is a lot longer, but this should suffice.

Rant over. Thank you.

I had a discussion with a Cisco rep a few days ago. Like most of my discussions with vendors, it was fairly one way but the gist of it was that I believe customer service is a total sham and what they are actually for is to keep your money. The time when they were helpful is long gone - now they are ordered to do the bare minimum and screw the customer. The rep wasn't too taken with this but it's true - that's why the outsource to India where you have zero chance of any meaningful help.

Virtually every time I have cause to call a large company, I know it's going to be a waste of time and I'll have to go back three or four times. Qwest, Sprint, Verizon and Comcast - all the same.

BTW, RR, a letter to your local BBB, copied to Comcast might not help but at least you can contribute to the great mass of literature already stating that Comcast sucks.

I had a discussion with a Cisco rep a few days ago. Like most of my discussions with vendors, it was fairly one way but the gist of it was that I believe customer service is a total sham and what they are actually for is to keep your money. The time when they were helpful is long gone - now they are ordered to do the bare minimum and screw the customer. The rep wasn't too taken with this but it's true - that's why the outsource to India where you have zero chance of any meaningful help.

Virtually every time I have cause to call a large company, I know it's going to be a waste of time and I'll have to go back three or four times. Qwest, Sprint, Verizon and Comcast - all the same.

BTW, RR, a letter to your local BBB, copied to Comcast might not help but at least you can contribute to the great mass of literature already stating that Comcast sucks.

Absolutely no argument w/ what you said. My wife sugg'd that I should write the Chi Trib who has a thrice a week column for people who get no resolution w/ different corps. and problems w/ same. I have to believe in todays "screw you, we're the boss" type corps. world they must get 1000's of requests per day, and of course they will only publish their success stories. :doh:

I'll consider writing the BBB, but what power do they have except to admonish Comcraps lousy business pratices w/ a captive audience. :D I was truly waiting for one off the reps to say "HEY, if you don't like the service, go find someone else!". And there is NO ONE ELSE!!!! :D

Local,State, & Fed gubment have to take some/much of blame here.

Remember when they Feds said AT&T was too powerful and broke them up??? Well now the biggest phone company is still AT&T!!!! :D:tup:

BBB usually does help. They usually get to the people in charge and around all those you have to deal with yourself.

Sometimes they don't help but from experience 90% of the time they do.

I will never regret the day I told Comcast to F themselves!!

Verizon has a VoIP service called Voice Wing. We haven't had a single problem since we switched, and we have the added bonus of not getting raped for taxes and line fees that made the bill double what it should have been, like we did with a regular land line.

I miss Comcast On Demand. I would drop DirecTV in an instant if I could get cable out here in the sticks.

Having to have a box (and be charged) for all my TV's sucks. I just want basic on some of 'em, but can't with DirecTV.

They end up being a ton more expensive than Comcast. And the On Demand feature makes it more than worth it. The NFL Ticket isn't worth the price anymore. It's cheaper to go to a bar on the rare occassions the Cowboys aren't on the tube.