[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nail Fungus?

Flip_Side

I know it's sick but I need help. I always have a habit of biting the extra skin above my nails, sometimes pretty far up my finger. Well anyway for about 2 months i have had this sick crusty, brittle, scabbish looking thing above my right thumb. Its all rigged and cracked, it's sick. Well anyway it's starting to worry me, it's not going away, and now it looks like it's forming on my middle finger also. (I also bite it) Does anybody know what this could be and how to get rid of it?

If it is nail fungus Topical stuff doesnt really work because its in your blood stream..You would need to go on an antifungal medicine like Lamisil and its really strong stuff..They need to test your liver before you go on it and you are on it for a while and you really shouldnt drink alcohol on it..

Dang, so this is serious? I thought it was just a thing I could put a little ointment or somethin on it and it would go away......

Im not sure..Im just saying if it is nail fungus the topical stuff doesnt fully get rid of it..You may get temporary relief but it doesnt kill it. It could be infected from biting and you may be able to clear it up with some antibiotics..

I was talking to some ppl earlier and they were scaring the hell outta me. They were saying it could be an STD, a skin infection that could kill me, blah blah blah. Then another group of people just said it was a bad callous and I can get an over the counter thing for it. So someone who knows about this please help me..

I was talking to some ppl earlier and they were scaring the hell outta me. They were saying it could be an STD, a skin infection that could kill me, blah blah blah. Then another group of people just said it was a bad callous and I can get an over the counter thing for it. So someone who knows about this please help me..

Its really tough to tell without seeing it ..If its an infection from biting I bet a small prescription will get rid of it..If its a nail fungus it will be a little tougher but certainly not life threatening..STD sounds unlikely ..Dont get yourself nuts over it..Go to your Dr or go to a pharmacy and show the pharmacist..Nail stuff is very common..

I do the same thing and about 5 years ago it turned into a staph infection. Messed up my fingernails for a long time.

Yeah I heard someone say staph infection today but they said it most likely WASNT that.

Its really tough to tell without seeing it.

Good info here. Your primary care physician or, if necessary, a dermatologist should be able to tell what's going on.

Didn't see anything that looks like what I have ABOVE the nail. it's not on the actual nail, the skin above it. But I do have a LITTLE bit of that peeling nail or whatever it said on there.

Fingertip or below the nail ?

Fingertip or below the nail ?

Finger tip. I think I know what it is now though; a wart.

http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/infection...viral/wart.html

look at the little thumbnail on there, it looks almost JUST like that except not that dark ugly color. It's more of a white color. Someone today also said it could be a wart...

Edited by Flip_Side

It could be a henway

And that is?

about 4 or 5 pounds

huh...

nevermind

Confused.

This is easily the most awesome exchange ever on the Huddle! I jsut about pissed myself!!! :D:D:tup:

It could be a henway

How old are you whomp? I thought only sky and rr were old enough to remember Henny Youngman.