[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty Trade Advice Needed

Massamule

This is a 12 man dynasty league.

Scoring:

QB - 5 pts for 250yds + 1 pt for every additional 25yds

6 pts TD

RB - 6 pts for 100yds + 1 pt for every additional 25 yds

6 pts TD

My team is in the sig

Been offered Matt Leinart and Burner Turner for L Maroney.

What do you think?

Is my sig line not visible?

Here's my roster anyway:

QB-Romo, Leftwich, Kitna, Green

RB-LT, Maroney, C Benson, Dunn, Norwood

WR-Holt, Horn, Branch, Reg. Brown, Curry, Dem. Williams

TE-Gonzalez, K. Wilson

D-Car, Atl

12 team Dynasty League

No way I do that.

You do need some QB help (I'm not a hugh fan of Romo as a #1 FF QB) and definite WR help.

What are your starting lineup requirements? Can you start 3 RBs?

At least at QB you can play matchup roulette, so, IMO, I would focus on the WR corps a bit. Horn is in a new system that is possibly without Vick (though, not sure if that helps or hurts Horn), Branch is likely facing the top cover corner on each team Seattle faces now that DJax is gone, Brown has not yet shown he can put up consistent fantasy numbers to be a strong WR2 option, Curry and Williams are bleh options.

In order to turn this around, you certainly need to deal some of the RB depth, but I certainly wouldn't be giving up a potential young stud RB for a QB and a backup RB, especially in a dynasty league. While Leinart would likely step in to be your primary QB, that lack of an offensive line will likely hinder his upside potential, meaning you may well end up just adding him to your QB roulette, and you wouldn't be starting Turner in any event in case of injury.

I'd shop Maroney, Benson and the ATL Rbs around, collect the offers and see what you can make of it to give you an overall improvement.

If your goal is to make a play for the title this year, maybe you get lucky and can be offered a legit WR that would be your #2 for the ATL RBs, and you can get a legit #1 QB for Benson. This would sacrifice just about all semblance of depth in order to make a run this year, but, quite frankly I don't see this team being much better than a middle of the pack team in a 12 team league.

If you want to build for next year and look to build a potential dynasty for several years to come, I look to accumulate picks in either this year's draft (assuming your league has not drafted yet) or next year's draft and deal some of these players for young upside players and picks.

If you want to be real aggressive, I'd consider shopping LT to see if you can get a really good offer for him and head into the season with Maroney and Benson as your ballcarriers.

Is my sig line not visible?

:D

Just a few of us play in more than 1 FF league. Now that must come as a shock to you, but it is true, and therefore is why I asked the question.

Here's my roster anyway:

QB-Romo, Leftwich, Kitna, Green

RB-LT, Maroney, C Benson, Dunn, Norwood

WR-Holt, Horn, Branch, Reg. Brown, Curry, Dem. Williams

TE-Gonzalez, K. Wilson

D-Car, Atl

12 team Dynasty League

While I agree that Maroney is expendable for trades given your roster, why would you go after a QB in a trade? Your QBs are solid with a good mix of high upside vets & younger players.

You need some help badly at WR. Maroney's ADP is 9 right now, which means his perceived value in FF leagues is higher than any WR in the league, and he has his youth going for him in a dynasty league.

Given that, why wouldn't you try to turn Maroney into a stud WR in a trade instead? Even better, since you have 4 starting QBs, include a QB in the deal and try to improve your draft siutaion next season in the process or try to have a 2nd/3rd tier RB included in the deal for some depth.

Great advice here guys!!!!!

I think I was somewhat blinded by the fact that I could get Burner Turner, my highly touted potential back-up to LT, along with a young, potential stud QB for a RB with possible shoulder issues. I really don't know how severe Maroney's situation is however.

Thanks again for the great advice!!

And Bronco Billy, I hope I wasn't coming across like a smart-a$$. I was honestly wondering if my sig line was visible b/c I had just edited it.

Great advice here guys!!!!!

I think I was somewhat blinded by the fact that I could get Burner Turner, my highly touted potential back-up to LT, along with a young, potential stud QB for a RB with possible shoulder issues. I really don't know how severe Maroney's situation is however.

You do know that turner is going to be a UFA next season, don't you? The liklihood of SD carrying both LT's cap number and what Turner is sure to garner on the open market is not very high - meaning turner could be headed who-knows-where next season, including to a team with a crappy O-line or into a RBBC. One season's worth of handcuff isn't worth what you're offering, IMO.

And Bronco Billy, I hope I wasn't coming across like a smart-a$$. I was honestly wondering if my sig line was visible b/c I had just edited it.

:D

Don't worry about it. It's almost impossible to offend me.

Edited by Bronco Billy