[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

biggest ''bust'' of 2007

tarantula

Nope.

Si. Played FB in college.

Lets see... FDSB... I own SJax, and you dont like him this year. You own Colston and he is the savior up there. Hmmm... :D

You caught me peepin, every year I look at your roster and make a personal note that they're all going to be busts.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Si. Played FB in college.

1 year, to accomodate the team because of the skills of RB Ray Rice. Leonard has a very strong RB skill set of his own and went to the combine at his RB weight, with the clear intention of sending a message that he wants to play RB in the bigs.

He could steal some work at RB from Jackson, though there ought to be plenty to go around there.

1 year, to accomodate the team because of the skills of RB Ray Rice. Leonard has a very strong RB skill set of his own and went to the combine at his RB weight, with the clear intention of sending a message that he wants to play RB in the bigs.

He could steal some work at RB from Jackson, though there ought to be plenty to go around there.

Exactly BB. I watched that combine edition. When he ran the 40 Vermiel and I think Mayock were really surprised at how fast he was. I think he was a steal in the draft and think he will be a successful NFL player.

Everyone knows you arent old enough to be good at FF. :D

Have you seen my roster? :D

Exactly BB. I watched that combine edition. When he ran the 40 Vermiel and I think Mayock were really surprised at how fast he was. I think he was a steal in the draft and think he will be a successful NFL player.

Have you seen my roster? :D

Yeah... Its pretty close to the same roster that finished dead last last year. Oh that IS the same roster.

For all those that think Colston will be a bust, what is your reasoning besides the "sophomore jinx?"

You do know that when people talk about the "sophomore jinx", that they aren't actually talking about some suerpnatural curse, don't you?

The sophomore jinx can be attributed to a couple of things, either seperately or in combination. The first is a rookie having success in his first year in the league, despite the change in talent level, and therefore not working as hard as he could during the offseason. While that may be going on, everyone else in the league on D - especially the DBs & DCs - have made him a particular point of interest in film studies. They will be breaking down everything he does on the field in esquisite detail that they couldn't do during the regular season and planning to attack his weaknesses while minimizing his strengths. At the same time DCs will be taking the rookie seriously and doing some different things as a defensive unit to remove some of the edge that the rookie had the season before.

Usually the sophomore jinx is a combination of the two - a player not working hard enough to after his rookie year to maintain his level of play while opponents are really picking apart his game and/or gameplanning around him since opponents realize that he's not a fluke any longer. And sometimes the flaws exposed in the offseason are so great that the rookie never returns to that initial level of play.

So when someone say its the "sophomore jinx", it's not a matter of some kind of hex at all. It's the game catching up with them, and sometimes its a result of their own ego as they think the game will continue to be easy for them.

Edited by Bronco Billy

You do know that when people talk about the "sophomore jinx", that they aren't actually talking about some suerpnatural curse, don't you?

The sophomore jinx can be attributed to a couple of things, either seperately or in combination. The first is a rookie having success in his first year in the league, despite the change in talent level, and therefore not working as hard as he could during the offseason. While that may be going on, everyone else in the league on D - especially the DBs & DCs - have made him a particular point of interest in film studies. They will be breaking down everything he does on the field in esquisite detail that they couldn't do during the regular season and planning to attack his weaknesses while minimizing his strengths. At the same time DCs will be taking the rookie seriously and doing some different things as a defensive unit to remove some of the edge that the rookie had the season before.

Usually the sophomore jinx is a combination of the two - a player not working hard enough to after his rookie year to maintain his level of play while opponents are really picking apart his game and/or gameplanning around him since opponents realize that he's not a fluke any longer. And sometimes the flaws exposed in the offseason are so great that the rookie never returns to that initial level of play.

So when someone say its the "sophomore jinx", it's not a matter of some kind of hex at all. It's the game catching up with them, and sometimes its a result of their own ego as they think the game will continue to be easy for them.

I know it's not an actual jinx, it's just that i hear people saying Colston will be a bust and he could fall victim to the sophomore jinx. I was just wondering if anyone had any other causes besides that. Or does anyone have any inside info that reveals he is going to be a bust?

She wasn't naked ? :D

Sorry, I've added that warning.

Well youtube is blocked at work and all I saw was a title of something about boobs :tup: Just not something I should have clicked on i guess :D

Just look at your info bar at the bottom of Internet Explorer and you can see the link... It has the words GIANT GIANT B00bs, so I just didnt click it.

Sorry, I thought it was funny...... :D

Just look at your info bar at the bottom of Internet Explorer and you can see the link... It has the words GIANT GIANT B00bs, so I just didnt click it.

huh? how do I do that exactly? PM me please

Hmm, is that why Broncos has Boldin almost tripling his TD total in the Fantasy University thread? :D

Broncos is on one of the biggest "Huddle Credibility" downslides that I have seen in quite some time.