[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

15,000 posts

Savage Beatings

15,000 posts here... I thought I would reflect on some of the moments/memories of my life, and share some of them with you here with accompanying photos:

I had an easy childhood growing up in the suburbs of the Twin Cities. This was back in the days before we had to lock our doors or worry about abductions or meth addicts, etc. I couldn't have asked for a better dog than Ginger back then. Truly the good ol' days!

When I was 15 years old, I fell in love with the woman that would change my life. We dated on and off for a couple of years in High School, but then decided to see other people. After that we lost touch... but as can happen with first loves, we both carried a very strong torch for each other for many years to come.

In the meantime I began by getting an Associates degree in design, and then started working as a desktop publisher. I did this for about five years and then decided to shift gears and enter the Seminary to study for the Catholic Priesthood. While in the seminary I finished my bachelors degree, and I also was able to spend 6 months living and studying in Rome. While in Rome, I was incredibly lucky enough to have had a couple of private meetings with His Holiness Pope John Paul II.

Then wouldn't you know it... a few months before my Priestly ordination, my first love comes back into my life. The emotions that came flooding back into me were more powerful and more overwhelming than anything that I had felt in the approximately 15 years since I had last seen her. I decided to (at the very least) temporarily suspend my priestly formation. It was clear to me though, after seeing her even a couple of times, that we were absolutely meant to be together as much as two people could ever be meant to be.

So, as I told everyone during our wedding, I believe that the Universe has made a cosmic correction in bringing us back together... that we were supposed to be together. Which of course led to the birth of the greatest person that I've ever met... my boy! He has been a constant source of joy in my life. And I've made sure to raise him right. But he has been growing so quickly... the seasons just fly by now! Overnight it seems my handsome little boy, went from diapers and pacifiers to booing the Chicago White Sox as our Twins beat up on them!

My wife also brought with her two beautiful daughters from a previous marriage. We've gona through a ton of time, work, and money to change this into this (and this and this). :D

It's been a good life so far! And y'all have been with me for a good part of the ride now. I appreciate that... and as a reward, here's some more pics of my hot wife. :D :D :tup: :doh:

Thanks Dorey and the rest of you Huddlers! For some F'd up reason, you keep me coming back for more. :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15,000 posts here... I thought I would reflect on some of the moments/memories of my life, and share some of them with you here with accompanying photos:

I had an easy childhood growing up in the suburbs of the Twin Cities. This was back in the days before we had to lock our doors or worry about abductions or meth addicts, etc. I couldn't have asked for a better dog than Ginger back then. Truly the good ol' days!

When I was 15 years old, I fell in love with the woman that would change my life. We dated on and off for a couple of years in High School, but then decided to see other people. After that we lost touch... but as can happen with first loves, we both carried a very strong torch for each other for many years to come.

In the meantime I began by getting an Associates degree in design, and then started working as a desktop publisher. I did this for about five years and then decided to shift gears and enter the Seminary to study for the Catholic Priesthood. While in the seminary I finished my bachelors degree, and I also was able to spend 6 months living and studying in Rome. While in Rome, I was incredibly lucky enough to have had a couple of private meetings with His Holiness Pope John Paul II.

Then wouldn't you know it... a few months before my Priestly ordination, my first love comes back into my life. The emotions that came flooding back into me were more powerful and more overwhelming than anything that I had felt in the approximately 15 years since I had last seen her. I decided to (at the very least) temporarily suspend my priestly formation. It was clear to me though, after seeing her even a couple of times, that we were absolutely meant to be together as much as two people could ever be meant to be.

So, as I told everyone during our wedding, I believe that the Universe has made a cosmic correction in bringing us back together... that we were supposed to be together. Which of course led to the birth of the greatest person that I've ever met... my boy! He has been a constant source of joy in my life. And I've made sure to raise him right. But he has been growing so quickly... the seasons just fly by now! Overnight it seems my handsome little boy, went from diapers and pacifiers to booing the Chicago White Sox as our Twins beat up on them!

My wife also brought with her two beautiful daughters from a previous marriage. We've gona through a ton of time, work, and money to change this into this (and this and this). :clap:

It's been a good life so far! And y'all have been with me for a good part of the ride now. I appreciate that... and as a reward, here's some more pics of my hot wife. :D :tup: :doh: :D

Thanks Dorey and the rest of you Huddlers! For some F'd up reason, you keep me coming back for more. :D

What a great story! :clap::D

Your wife is gorgeous, your step daughters as well! Your son is a great looking kid! What a pair of eyes!

Two suggs:

Burn the photo of your son in that purple jersey. In most states that is considered child abuse!

You should get some re-seeding done on your head. :clap:

Congrats SB!

Congrats, but I have two questions. Did your dad know what a lawn mower was and is the sky burning in that first pic with your S.O.?

Great post. :D

I agree about the child abuse of being a Vikings fan. Shame that kid will never know the joy of a champeenship!! :D

Did you get yer bench out front at Garden Ridge? I just bought what looks like the same one last weekend. :tup:

Oh, and did the Pope just sneeze in that picture???

This has got to be the best milestone post ever. Good job on it and life in general, SB. Oh, and looks like you made the right decision on family vs. priesthood....

Edited by Coffeeman

:D Great post SB... your wife is hot (not that it like... you know, matters a lot, but she's a hottie), your house looks awesome, and a blended family with a son makes it all sunshine and flowers. :D

Edited by Thews40

Great post. :D

I agree about the child abuse of being a Vikings fan. Shame that kid will never know the joy of a champeenship!! :D

Did you get yer bench out front at Garden Ridge? I just bought what looks like the same one last weekend. :tup:

Oh, and did the Pope just sneeze in that picture???

Bench? I think we just got that at Lowes or Home Depot... don't remember which one. My wife brought it home one day said, here you go... put this together. :doh:

And no, the Pope was not sneezing... he was just a little confused because of the gift that I was giving him. So, that look on his face is the Papal equivalent of saying What The Frack!? :D

Bench? I think we just got that at Lowes or Home Depot... don't remember which one. My wife brought it home one day said, here you go... put this together. :D

And no, the Pope was not sneezing... he was just a little confused because of the gift that I was giving him. So, that look on his face is the Papal equivalent of saying What The Frack!? :D

Too...many...jokes...must....not...sink...to...