[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

15,000 posts

Savage Beatings

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what was the gift? to borrow a line from bier, he looks like he just got some bad spunk. :D

in any case, nice post :D

:tup:

The gift was somethign very personal to me which sounds a little strange (and obviously did to him as well). It was a little screwdriver that I used to cary around in my pocket. I don't even remember where or how I actually got it, but ever since I was a little kid I just always had this screwdriver with me. The first thing that I did each morning was to put that screwdriver in my pocket... I would use it for a million different little trivial tasks each day, and it was without a doubt my most favorite thing in the world.

So, there I was in Rome about to meet the Pope. When dignitaries, world leaders, politicians, etc. go to meet the Pope, they usually bring him a gift. I was obviously just a nobody, but I still did not want to arrive empty-handed. But, since I was a student who ahd cashed in teh last of his savings in order to be able to afford to study in Rome, I didn't have a lot of options. So, then it dawned on me that since I couldn't give him something expensive, I could at least give him something that was meaningful to me (it was all very "little drummer-boy" :doh:)

Before I left to meet him, I found a little black velvet bag that I put the screwdriver in. He met our group and talked to us for a while, and then before he left I said, "Your Holiness I have a gift for you." So he came over to me, and watched me pull a screwdriver out of this bag, and then he gave me that quizzical look on his face made little screwy motions with his hand (you can kind of see that in the picture).

As an explantion immediately after this picture was taken... I told him about how I had carried this screwdriver with me since I was a little boy and how it was without a doubt my most favorite object in the world. Then I said, "I love this object, but I love you more... so I want you to have it." After I explained it to him, you could tell that he understood... he got a very serious look on his face and he said, "Ohhhh thank you very much." I like to think that he meant it. :D

SB,

First I'd like to say congrats on the milestone and you have a beautiful family. Sometimes in my job (I'm a Cop) I see some Sega! that bums me out, for instance just the other night I had to hold some dude's arm together after he decided that he would rather not continue on this planet and took a box cutter to the inside of his left fore arm. So reading about the cool journey that your life has been really reaffirms my belief that there are still genuinely good people in this world.

:D

Here's to 15k more.

15,000 posts here... I thought I would reflect on some of the moments/memories of my life, and share some of them with you here with accompanying photos:

I had an easy childhood growing up in the suburbs of the Twin Cities. This was back in the days before we had to lock our doors or worry about abductions or meth addicts, etc. I couldn't have asked for a better dog than Ginger back then. Truly the good ol' days!

When I was 15 years old, I fell in love with the woman that would change my life. We dated on and off for a couple of years in High School, but then decided to see other people. After that we lost touch... but as can happen with first loves, we both carried a very strong torch for each other for many years to come.

In the meantime I began by getting an Associates degree in design, and then started working as a desktop publisher. I did this for about five years and then decided to shift gears and enter the Seminary to study for the Catholic Priesthood. While in the seminary I finished my bachelors degree, and I also was able to spend 6 months living and studying in Rome. While in Rome, I was incredibly lucky enough to have had a couple of private meetings with His Holiness Pope John Paul II.

Then wouldn't you know it... a few months before my Priestly ordination, my first love comes back into my life. The emotions that came flooding back into me were more powerful and more overwhelming than anything that I had felt in the approximately 15 years since I had last seen her. I decided to (at the very least) temporarily suspend my priestly formation. It was clear to me though, after seeing her even a couple of times, that we were absolutely meant to be together as much as two people could ever be meant to be.

So, as I told everyone during our wedding, I believe that the Universe has made a cosmic correction in bringing us back together... that we were supposed to be together. Which of course led to the birth of the greatest person that I've ever met... my boy! He has been a constant source of joy in my life. And I've made sure to raise him right. But he has been growing so quickly... the seasons just fly by now! Overnight it seems my handsome little boy, went from diapers and pacifiers to booing the Chicago White Sox as our Twins beat up on them!

My wife also brought with her two beautiful daughters from a previous marriage. We've gona through a ton of time, work, and money to change this into this (and this and this). :clap:

It's been a good life so far! And y'all have been with me for a good part of the ride now. I appreciate that... and as a reward, here's some more pics of my hot wife. :D :D :tup: :doh:

Thanks Dorey and the rest of you Huddlers! For some F'd up reason, you keep me coming back for more. :D

Muchos Congratulationos :D

Thats a damn nice lookin house. Oh and I love yer hugh deck (Did you see this? http://youtube.com/watch?v=QQ7Ue5emo6I)