[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question for the racists

Big F'n Dave

When you meet a person of your own race, do automatically assume they are as racist as you? I'm a white guy in the South and I despise the N-word. It never ceases to amaze the number of people I meet (whom I don't know at all) who freely throw the word around. Do they assume that since I'm white I must feel the same way about blacks that they do? Or is it just a matter of poor manners and even poorer social skills? Maybe I'm being singled out for brainwashing and membership in the Klan? :D

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you meet a person of your own race, do automatically assume they are as racist as you? I'm a white guy in the South and I despise the N-word. It never ceases to amaze the number of people I meet (whom I don't know at all) who freely throw the word around. Do they assume that since I'm white I must feel the same way about blacks that they do? Or is it just a matter of poor manners and even poorer social skills? Maybe I'm being singled out for brainwashing and membership in the Klan? :D

I rarely hear anybody use that word today. Growing up it was very commonly used by nearly everybodu I knew, black and white. Today only blacks use it. Perhaps if you took off the wife beater and put down the Pabst Blue Ribbon for a second, you wouldnt hear it as much... :D

it depends 1) where you live, and 2) how old the person you're talking to is. down in your neck, i'm sure lots of people still toss it around like it's nothing, especially the older folks. you should hear my great aunt.. :tup::D

it depends 1) where you live, and 2) how old the person you're talking to is. down in your neck, i'm sure lots of people still toss it around like it's nothing, especially the older folks. you should hear my great aunt.. :D:D

Have to agree about the old folks using the word much more freely. But they're old and won't be around much longer so let them have their history. I also agree that blacks use the word waaaaaaaaaaaay more than whites, as based on my experience growing up as the white boy minority. Do people still use the word "coon" when refering to blacks?

Shun whitey and only hang out with black people. You'll never hear that word again. :D

I rarely hear anybody use that word today. Growing up it was very commonly used by nearly everybodu I knew, black and white. Today only blacks use it.

I'm fully aware that blacks use the N-word, but to say only blacks use it is ridiculous. The incident that brought this question to mind was a work meeting I attended last week. There were six or seven of us (associates but not really friends), and two of the guys used the word on different occasions. I nor anyone else in the group said anything about it, but I don't feel like I'm the only one who noticed. :D

I'm fully aware that blacks use the N-word, but to say only blacks use it is ridiculous. The incident that brought this question to mind was a work meeting I attended last week. There were six or seven of us (associates but not really friends), and two of the guys used the word on different occasions. I nor anyone else in the group said anything about it, but I don't feel like I'm the only one who noticed. :D

I dont know where you work, but that definitely WOULD NOT happen at my workplace. I have never anybody at my company use that word. Thats a one way ticket to the unemployment line if you work for a major corporation. It is unaccepted and not tolerated where I work. Neither is sexual harrasment.

Edited by spain

I dont know where you work, but that definitely WOULD NOT happen at my workplace. I have never anybody at my company use that word. Thats a one way ticket to the unemployment line if you work for a major corporation. It is unaccepted and not tolerated where I work. Neither is sexual harrasment.

+1

That's one that will still be around I'm afraid....for awhile. The one that divides the race around my neck of the woods is this......well spoken, professioanl, educated etc....throw in any words that will fit and people say....."black person", then get the criminal element, drug dealer, street corner gangsta and they get labeled with the "N" word. It will never be right or politically correct, but it is dying a slow death I'm afraid.

It's happened to me numerous times here in J-ville. What's really embarrassing is when it happens on my mail route. I have a couple old codgers who love to use it when talking to me. I even went as far as politely asking the one man not to use it and he freekin calls me a n-lover. I tried to explain my situation but he was way too closed-minded. We don't speak too much with each other anymore. I was talking to this one middle-aged woman on my route who happens to live next door to a very nice black family. She was spewing the n-word like nothing. I explained to her that I don't use the word and that it wouldn't look too good if they overheard her with me, their mailman, standing right next to her. She actually apologized and she pretty much doesn't say it anymore. She'll slip on occasion. I guess it's a hard habit to break for some.

That's one that will still be around I'm afraid....for awhile. The one that divides the race around my neck of the woods is this......well spoken, professioanl, educated etc....throw in any words that will fit and people say....."black person", then get the criminal element, drug dealer, street corner gangsta and they get labeled with the "N" word. It will never be right or politically correct, but it is dying a slow death I'm afraid.

Dying a slow death? :D I take it you haven't listened to many rap songs lately or hung out with the brothers? Sheeoot, up until a little while ago, I was playing basketball 2-3 times a week at a community center with around 30-40 people during open gym...of which maybe 4 or 5 of us were white. When I became a regular they started calling me the n word. I didn't take offense, I felt as if they were accepting me. :D

Almost never hear that word, but I'm not offended when I do.

+1 But I am not offended by cracker, speedy, chili, or any of the other p.c. words that get the limp wristed liberals all worked up.

+1 But I am not offended by cracker, speedy, chili, or any of the other p.c. words that get the limp wristed liberals all worked up.

That's about where I am. Pittsburgh is the kind of place that you will hear all sorts of non-p.c. words. It's really not a big deal to me. Now if I hear the F word I freak. The F word being Fat. :D

Maybe that's because there are no historical connotations associated with those.

I dont know where you work, but that definitely WOULD NOT happen at my workplace. I have never anybody at my company use that word. Thats a one way ticket to the unemployment line if you work for a major corporation. It is unaccepted and not tolerated where I work.

+2. Instant firing, no questions asked for the N-word.

Its frankly more prevalent in our part of the country ...

Depends on the context; its not always intended to be insulting. But IMO, regardless of the skin color of the speaker, dropping N-bombs is generally a sign of a low intelligence, or at least an unintelligent comment.

Edited by yo mama