[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question for the racists

Big F'n Dave

I was quizzed about this in the barber shop in East Saint Louis where I take my son. It was an interesting conversation. The black guys wanted to know how often racist type stuff came up in white-only conversations. I honestly told them it rarely does. It just isn't something my circle of friends talks about or worries about. They were surprised by that. They thought it was something that white people talked about all the time.

They asked me what I do when I run into a racist comment from a white guy. I told them the truth. I mention I have a AA son, and I would appreciate if the racist in question would keep thier views to themselves.

That got quite a chuckle. I imagine a looked a bit like Clark Griswold at the moment.

Edited by cre8tiff

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you meet a person of your own race, do automatically assume they are as racist as you? I'm a white guy in the South and I despise the N-word. It never ceases to amaze the number of people I meet (whom I don't know at all) who freely throw the word around. Do they assume that since I'm white I must feel the same way about blacks that they do? Or is it just a matter of poor manners and even poorer social skills? Maybe I'm being singled out for brainwashing and membership in the Klan? :D

I've experienced this many times as well, and it annoys me each time.

I was at Lowe's a few weeks ago and the (white) manager said he'd get me some help and paged someone. He then had to page them again and whispered to me that they were the n-word so they might take awhile. I was shocked hearing it in that setting.

So to answer BFD's question, I would say yes. Everyone assumes I'm as racist as them. Virginny is still very very racist.

I was at Lowe's a few weeks ago and the (white) manager said he'd get me some help and paged someone. He then had to page them again and whispered to me that they were the n-word so they might take awhile. I was shocked hearing it in that setting.

That is a perfect example of the type situation I'm referring to.

I dont know where you work, but that definitely WOULD NOT happen at my workplace. I have never anybody at my company use that word. Thats a one way ticket to the unemployment line if you work for a major corporation. It is unaccepted and not tolerated where I work. Neither is sexual harrasment.

AT&T is built off of being racist.

I don't here it as often anymore, and when I do hear it, then it 80% of the time it is coming from a black person and not a white person. I still use it occasionally, and when I do use it I use it in a derogatory manner. Before the P.C. crowd goes wild, let me explain my self. A lazy no good black person is a n-word. Just like a lazy no good white person from around here is white trash or my favorite TPT (Trailer Park Trash) or a lazy no good Mexican is a hispanic or a wetback. I personally don't consider this racist, as it is treating all races the same. There are people from every race that I hold in great respect, but there are no good lazy people from every race. My black friends around here have no problem with how I use the word, so I'm really not all the concerned with it, though I do find myself using it less now that I have kids, primarily I guess because I don't want them to misuse it. Maybe I should just call anyone that is lazy and no good a lazy no good person, but it is so much easier just to use one word.

I don't here it as often anymore, and when I do hear it, then it 80% of the time it is coming from a black person and not a white person. I still use it occasionally, and when I do use it I use it in a derogatory manner. Before the P.C. crowd goes wild, let me explain my self. A lazy no good black person is a n-word. Just like a lazy no good white person from around here is white trash or my favorite TPT (Trailer Park Trash) or a lazy no good Mexican is a hispanic or a wetback. I personally don't consider this racist, as it is treating all races the same. There are people from every race that I hold in great respect, but there are no good lazy people from every race. My black friends around here have no problem with how I use the word, so I'm really not all the concerned with it, though I do find myself using it less now that I have kids, primarily I guess because I don't want them to misuse it. Maybe I should just call anyone that is lazy and no good a lazy no good person, but it is so much easier just to use one word.

This is exactly how I feel.

Labeling a person based on race is racist no matter how you try to delude yourself otherwise perch.

the only race im against is any race that has nascar associated with it.

You should live down here in Nascar central with the hicks. These morans can quote you the day #3 took a right turn but can't remember any of their own family's birthdays.

Is 'hicks' racist?

You should live down here in Nascar central with the hicks. These morans can quote you the day #3 took a right turn but can't remember any of their own family's birthdays.

Is 'hicks' racist?

Yes, you need to take sensitivity training.

You know I have run into the argument, there is good and there is bad, and bad ones are the n-word my whole life. What I tend to say is there are many c-nts in the world as well, why not just drop that in conversation? Why not just call people c-cksuckers? Because it isn't accepted. Put the freakin N-word in that category and shut the hell up.

You know I have run into the argument, there is good and there is bad, and bad ones are the n-word my whole life. What I tend to say is there are many c-nts in the world as well, why not just drop that in conversation? Why not just call people c-cksuckers? Because it isn't accepted. Put the freakin N-word in that category and shut the hell up.

See, I'll call a c-nt a c-nt and a co-ksucker a co-ksucker too, when it applies. My gay friend Chris will do the same. He and I were at a party two weeks ago, and you should have heard him railing on this one guy. I don't know, maybe where you live people are more up tight than they are around here. Or, maybe you just haven't been around enough different types of people.

See, I'll call a c-nt a c-nt and a co-ksucker a co-ksucker too, when it applies. My gay friend Chris will do the same. He and I were at a party two weeks ago, and you should have heard him railing on this one guy. I don't know, maybe where you live people are more up tight than they are around here. Or, maybe you just haven't been around enough different types of people.

Probably true, I may not hang around to right types of folks to hear other races referred to crudely. I grew up in a very racist area of southwestern Missouri, and it seemed wrong even as a child. Thus I have avoided it all my life. Like what someone said up there, that thier friends use it all the time and they can't convince them otherwise. I simply am not friends with folks that I hear using it. Maybe MOST folks use it. Perhaps that's the way the real world works, and I just shelter myself and my family. I sure hope not.

I was at a family function on my wifes side a few weeks ago and I was having a discussion with one of her 3rd or 4th cousins about the various areas in St. Louis. I told him we were looking to move into Webster Groves and he said, "That's a great area but eventually the "N" are going to venture in there and destroy the property value."

:crickets: :D :nervouslaugh:

Really uncomfortable situation.

Good post as usual Perch.