Sign in to follow this  
justin

Myrtle Beach Golf

I'll be playing some Golf in Myrtle Beach very soon and am looking for some help in selecting courses. I know we have some MB regulars here.

My plan is to play at one or two premier courses and then a couple "less expensive" courses. I'd also like to stay relatively close to the northern part of Myrtle Beach. These are the courses I'm considering, any help/recomendations are appreciated.

Barefoot - premier course, probably play Love and/or Fazio

Grand Dunes - premier course

Myrtlewood - less expensive and I think there are two courses: Palmetto and PineHills

Arcadian Shores - less expensive

Waterway Hills - less expensive, has three nine-hole set-ups

Any golfers play at any of these?

Any other courses in northern Myrtle Beach / North Myrtle Beach that I should consider?

Thanks.

Daly's Wicked Stick is sweet, if you like Links style courses. :D

Daly's Wicked Stick is sweet, if you like Links style courses. :D

Yeah, I had heard that. I was considering but it's further south. Maybe it's worth the extra 45 minutes in the car......

I played the Pete Dye course at Barefoot last August and it was great. Beautiful course as all three of the other courses are. I may try and play one of the other courses this summer, but can just recommend all of them as they are always in great shape and play tough.

Sandpiper Bay is beautiful and less expensive than all of the premier courses.

The Witch, Oyster Bay and Pawley's Plantation are three that I make sure to play every time I go to Myrtle.

Edited by Cyclones

I have played here every time we've gone down. Great Options

It is actually just over the line into North Carolina by a few minutes. Lion's Paw and Panther's Run are reasonably priced because they have been around awhile. Tiger's Eye is only a few yrs old and is considered "premier". Leopard's Paw just opened and I have not played it yet. Every course is fun and challenging. Check it out.

Of the ones that you mentioned Barefoot and Myrtlewood are the only two that I have played. I very much liked them both. I have played Wicked Stick and liked that but I did think it was too much money for what it was. I think we played Legends and really liked that as well.

I have not golfed down at Myrtle since my boy has become a decent golfer so I did not really hunt out the best of golf down there. I more looked for reasonable golf so I don't think I can be of much help.

Oh and for the record, my 19 year old broke into the 70's for the first time ever yesterday. Today he shot an 81 and beat me by 2. I don't think I have beaten him in the last dozen or so times that we have played together.

I played waterway hills - you get what you pay for - its not bad - not great. If you dont like to tip you get hit twice each way on the Gondola ride across 17 - the highway.

Recs are Caldonia - True Blue - International World Tour (amazing) -

less expensive courses but still good were Man O War, heritage club, The witch (has houses all over), Arrowhead.

AVOID at all costs - Lockwood Folly and Cypress Bay.

Crows Creek

Farmstead

You're welcome.

PS Diamondback WAS nice but undergoing major construction (more freaking housing) so I'd avoid.

Thanks for all the recs.

I wound up playing at Barefoot - Love and Myrtlewood - Pine Hills.

I enjoyed both. Love was definitely a step above most courses I've ever played. Extreamely challenging, but I played pretty well (for me).

I had limited time there, but would like to get back to MB only to play golf.

Edited by justin